Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Sleeper Hits

last reply
8 replies
1 watcher
0 likes

Have you published a story that inexplicably gets more attention than you originally thought it deserved? Recently, I've noticed more activity around one of mine - Hypnotic Persuasion (https://www.lushstories.com/stories/mind-control/hypnotic-persuasion). It's not a terrible story, but I wouldn't consider it one of my best efforts either. Admittedly, it was something I dashed off quickly for a competition, and didn't think too much about. But for some reason, people seem interested in it.

So, what are the stories you've published that have unexpectedly become more popular than you'd anticipated? How do you feel about them?

Don't believe everything that you read.

And now due to this post many more will read it. But this is why many critics are not successful writers...writers have a different way of seeing things. This being said...many here are just people enjoying erotica, not really going very deep into the different aspects of a story. Perhaps you are too harsh with yourself. I will read the story and let you know 😜

Right off the bat, my story Help Me, Help You stunned me with the response it got. I drafted it in one go after seeing the cover photo and didn't think much of it. I think I only got back to it 2 months after drafting to edit it as I felt a bit 'meh' about it.

The response stunned me to say the least.

My last published story: Good For Nothing

I'm always amazed at how popular my "Watersports" stories have been. I've always thought it was rather a niche little kink, which I shared with a couple of other people on Lush, but it turns out quite a lot of other people like it too, or at least enjoy my way of writing about it.

An Accident on a Train | Lush Stories has had over 71,000 views, while A Little Pee Game | Lush Stories and Watersports with my Girlfriend | Lush Stories have each had over 45,000. Even the more recent Watersports By The Pool | Lush Stories has clocked up over 14,000.

Of course, that may be more a reflection on the kinkiness of Lush readers than the quality of the stories themselves.

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

"The Bucket List" did better than I expected and better than I feel it deserves, in relation to some of my others.

I thought "An Afternoon in the Hospice" is a better story than the view/like count reflects.

An Afternoon In The Hospice | Lush Stories

I think one about a younger woman (30s) and an older man in his 60s, surprised me - I wasn't aware there was much of a market for that. My Very Special Friend, Part 1 of 2 | Lush Stories

Also, the recent one, below, 'To Soar With Eagles' proved surprisingly popular. It's in the Love Stories category, which typically doesn't get a lot of readers. I was pleased with it and happy with how it turned out, but I honestly didn't expect it to get much attention.

Please take a peek at my stories! Here's a small variety pack:

To Soar With Eagles | Lush Stories An emotional story of love and loss that may touch your heart. Sexy... yes, of course, but uplifting as well! And a Recommended Read!

I Like Big Cocks and I Cannot Lie: Part 1 of 2 | Lush Stories A 2-part story of my bisexual husband and I engaging with a very well-endowed friend!

The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Lush Stories My thoughtful husband gifts me an erotic beach massage session with a large and talented Jamaican masseur... and oh my!

I wrote something I intended to keep very short, but it went over the 1,000 words I wanted. A cuckolding story, which I admit I was drawn to as a first effort. It took only a little time to write, and I liked how I finished it too much to edit it more. It did surprisingly well and is my highest voted story so far.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cuckold/young-colt-new-stallion

This is my collection of muses and stories. Stories of note include:

Little Bird - A true story of submission and dominance set in Paris between an older couple and their younger lover.

Le Weekend - Six lives intertwined during one weekend create events that change their lives forever.