OUT OF CONTROL!

last reply
53 replies
4.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I HATE when my characters ARGUE with me! (Do other writers GET this...) My characters are saying "But this is what we do..." (And I'm saying YOU CAN'T!!!!!!!)

And they are saying but we DID that and you have to write it!

I'm like, FUCK YOU, I WRITE YOU!!!!! I DECIDE!

But they keep saying, "We do what happens... You wrote us, you created us, DEAL with it! It's your fault..."

And I'm trying to be a GOOD Lush writer!

(But my fucking characters are being so unruly! Jesus Christ!)

I LOVE my characters but MEET ME HALF WAY?????

I'm doing my best!

One of mine just killed a Cop.

HOW DO I SELL THAT HERE?????

(And she was gorgeous! Molly Holland, a Homicide detective... Red Head, Pretty...)

I wish they just did what I wanted... But they don't... Fucking Bastards.

xx SF
Head Nurse
0 likes
When my characters get out of control, I threaten them with my "stalled" folder. Straightens them right up.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by Dirty_D
When my characters get out of control, I threaten them with my "stalled" folder. Straightens them right up.

That's when you come to me and I help bring them to life again.

This has sort of happened to me, though. With my Sex Slave series. Charlie is all over the place right now, she's not being a very good slut at all. Maybe she needs a good man to put her in her fucking place. Maybe?
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by Poppet

That's when you come to me and I help bring them to life again.

in unexpected ways too
Lurker
0 likes
Ok this sounds like some kind of weird schizophrenia to me smile
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
I threaten to give them cancer. Or AIDS. Or both. That usually brings them back in line.

But I agree, it's a bummer when they won't behave.

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Head Penguin
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

I HATE when my characters ARGUE with me! (Do other writers GET this...) My characters are saying "But this is what we do..." (And I'm saying YOU CAN'T!!!!!!!)

And they are saying but we DID that and you have to write it!

I'm like, FUCK YOU, I WRITE YOU!!!!! I DECIDE!

But they keep saying, "We do what happens... You wrote us, you created us, DEAL with it! It's your fault..."

And I'm trying to be a GOOD Lush writer!

(But my fucking characters are being so unruly! Jesus Christ!)

I LOVE my characters but MEET ME HALF WAY?????

I'm doing my best!

One of mine just killed a Cop.

HOW DO I SELL THAT HERE?????

(And she was gorgeous! Molly Holland, a Homicide detective... Red Head, Pretty...)

I wish they just did what I wanted... But they don't... Fucking Bastards.

xx SF

I think this is a great phenomenon and part of the process of character development.

What's happening, is that the characters are acquiring a sort of quasi-sentience as they evolve within the writer's mind. What this does is enable us to give the character greater depth, mould their dialogue and just makes writing their parts all the better.

To a non-writer this probably sounds bizarre, but I know exactly what you mean, Steph.

Danny xxx

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by DanielleX

I think this is a great phenomenon and part of the process of character development.

What's happening, is that the characters are acquiring a sort of quasi-sentience as they evolve within the writer's mind. What this does is enable us to give the character greater depth, mould their dialogue and just makes writing their parts all the better.

To a non-writer this probably sounds bizarre, but I know exactly what you mean, Steph.

Danny xxx

Danny THANK YOU!

(Writing is a LONELY pursuit... And sometimes it's just me and THEM and THEY make it so difficult!)

I don't have kids but I think it must be like writing characters... You try your best to mind them and then they do CRAZY SHIT and you have to clean up after them...

To hear another writer say, "I know what you mean..." helps a lot! (Especially one as talented as you.) No shit.

xx SF

BTW, the bit I BOLDED is why SHE (respect) and the rest of that crew are Moderators. Talented fuckers.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
I gave up trying to tell them what to do. They don't fucking listen, and even if they do, they stat pulling that 'look at me, I'm just a wooden marionette' shit. Walking around all stiff and lifeless and shit.

Now I'm like the animator in those old Bugs Bunny cartoons. I fuck around with the back ground and give them screwed up situations to deal with, but they are on their own when it comes to dealing with it.

Shit, just yesterday I caught Candice and Melissa trying to talk Asius into giving them a spanking. AND THEY ARE ALL FROM DIFFERENT STORIES!!! What the HELL are the neighbors going to say?
Velvet-Voiced Titillator
0 likes
I thought I was being weird when I let my characters write the story, but it seems it might not be that much on an uncommon occurrence after all.

Sometimes you've just got to not think about it too much. Write the story and then when its complete take a look at it and see what you think. It doesn't need to be submitted to Lush, if it's not acceptable, but that doesn't mean its any less of a story.

You can always just send it to me to read.

And thanks, I'm going to be singing this all day now;

Clumeleon
0 likes
At this point my characters are just saying, "Are you EVER going to write us again? Selfish, lazy, Scottish arsehole."
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by DarkFather
Ok this sounds like some kind of weird schizophrenia to me smile

Well...

x
Lurker
0 likes
You people! Jesus! You are AMAZING!

(I KNOW that we just write smut! Yeah, right!)

We are so LUCKY as writers to have this resource. Jesus, I can discuss my writing with MILIK, (and the rest of you) a writer whose boots I'm not fit to shine! I'm serious. Same for Jay, Danny, Di, Doll, Maz, Kar, Calum, NRN, Frank Lee, Rachel, Poppet, Liz, Principessa, Alex A, Buz, Young Emily, Saga, the list goes on...

(If I wasn't ALREADY in love with Nikki Bell then I'd have fallen for her TODAY because of this thread. You people ROCK ASS! And if it wasn't for HER I would never have met any of you...)

xx Steve.

Nicola: "Your character still can't kill a policewoman..."

Me: "Fuck You. I'm fixing it."

Lisa:"I notice I'm not in your list..."

Coco: "Or me..."

Me: "Oh shit..."

Xuani: "Or me?"

Me: "VERY deep shit... Do you guys know Swannie? Great Writer, Vicious Bitch... Lady X my ass... Friend of Ashleighs and Rachels... Fucking Shakespearean witches the three of them... Hubble Bubble toil and trouble... The X is so pretty though... We don't speak anymore... But she's smiling at this..."
Lurker
0 likes
Even though my characters are adults they act like children, smh. They get upset when characters who aren't them get more of my attention. That's when I've gotta tell them firmly; "I'll be right there. Just give me a few minutes to finish up with these guys."
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by Milik_Redman
Shit, just yesterday I caught Candice and Melissa trying to talk Asius into giving them a spanking. AND THEY ARE ALL FROM DIFFERENT STORIES!!! What the HELL are the neighbors going to say?

It's all Candice's fault, I can assure you. She's such a bitch!

I had this small story all plotted out about a woman going on holiday to the Maldives, having a fling with another woman on the plane and meeting her chat partner there for the first time. As a lovely twist, she'd learn that the woman on the plane is actually her cyber sex buddy's wife whom he had neglected to mention when he invited her on the holiday. Pretty straight forward, but then I had to invite Candice, her neighbor, to the opening scene. She's one hell of a slut, really, and she put some very strange ideas into my main character's head (not to speak of what her husband put into my main character). Now I'm already at 6200 words, the story has taken a fork to somewhere completely different and the plane hasn't even taken off...

But what can a poor author do other than follow along with whatever harebrained scheme my characters dream up, hold my fingers crossed (not literally, that would make for some awful typing experience) and let them do their thing. Even after my characters have thrown over nearly everything I had planned, I'm pretty sure it's going to be decent story.
Head Nurse
0 likes
You want to hear weird? My story that I had mapped out for the last competition was pretty straight forward as well. until the main character revealed to me that "she" was actually a he. talk about throwing the writer for a loop.

"Look, I don't know HOW to write as a man. I've never been one ya dig?"

"But that's not who I am! you have to let me be me."

"How can I write you if I dont know what its like."

"Itll be okay. Trust me. Ill help you."

"but Ive never HAD a penis. well i mean i have, but never like that. its never been attached to me."

"itll be okay."
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by lucky_dragonfly
Me thinks all ye people have been out to sea to long. Unruly charactors? Simple make them walk the plank ARGHHHHH! Bunch of silly landlubbers. ~shakes head~

Have you met Liz?

She's Pirate too!

(But she has a girlfriend...)

xx SF

GingerTamer: "Yes she fucking has..."

Me: "I SAID THAT!"
Lurker
0 likes
I do my best to give them what they want but if it's to hard work in I have to tell them no. They don't like it but eventually they like most people come to realize I do know what I am talking about.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia
Totally not dejected that I didn't make Steph's list of good writers...sighing I suppose I need to lurk around here a bit more. Or find out what his favourite drink is, and send him a case.

The old bastard, who I've known for years, has never spelt my name correctly, if it makes you feel any better.
Lurker
0 likes
I never make anyone's list either.

One of these days
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
This thread is highly entertaining as well as informative.

Writers are indeed a bit quirky!

I have always let the characters rule the word .... it's their story, not mine. A few seem to stick around for a while needing more and more attention (are they attention whores??) .... like my last series ... I thought, four stories total ..... ha!! Two stories ago I told Buz, one more chapter. I am now writing part 9 .... and I think there might be another couple that will need to be told. Attention Whore, indeed!

Dirty_D .... for me, it's been fun (well, maybe more .... enlightening) when my narrator has been a male. The spin is just different and refreshing.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by VanGogh

Dirty_D .... for me, it's been fun (well, maybe more .... enlightening) when my narrator has been a male. The spin is just different and refreshing.

it was fun, but took me rather by surprise. Considering the result was an RR and 4th in the last competition, I dont think it turned out a complete bust. but I literally had to go back and rewrite half of my work. I was typing along fairly content with things when my character reached for her cock. I tried explaining to scarlet that that was not how things worked. (s)he gave me the look and said "my name is shaun."
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I have a despicably unscrupulous character who is hell-bent on kidnapping and my beautiful, innocent heroine, and the only way I can see to stop him is to not finish writing the story! He's screwing everything up and i hate him! I won't even be able to post the story here if he gets away with it!
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by ChrissieLecker

It's all Candice's fault, I can assure you. She's such a bitch!

I had this small story all plotted out about a woman going on holiday to the Maldives, having a fling with another woman on the plane and meeting her chat partner there for the first time. As a lovely twist, she'd learn that the woman on the plane is actually her cyber sex buddy's wife whom he had neglected to mention when he invited her on the holiday. Pretty straight forward, but then I had to invite Candice, her neighbor, to the opening scene. She's one hell of a slut, really, and she put some very strange ideas into my main character's head (not to speak of what her husband put into my main character). Now I'm already at 6200 words, the story has taken a fork to somewhere completely different and the plane hasn't even taken off...

But what can a poor author do other than follow along with whatever harebrained scheme my characters dream up, hold my fingers crossed (not literally, that would make for some awful typing experience) and let them do their thing. Even after my characters have thrown over nearly everything I had planned, I'm pretty sure it's going to be decent story.

I totally get that. Sometimes they decide they don't WANT to wait for the next scene. They don't seem to give a rats ass if they are in public or if they might get into trouble. Sometimes they just want to do it right there, so you go about creating a scene for them, and you turn around and they are already all over each other!

I'm writing a girl now, a cute, innocent young thing that I've forced to turn tricks because she's broke and has a kid to care for. She's suppose to be RELUCTANT. To not WANT to do it, but hell, the little tart gets one look and a guys shit and the next thing I know, she's bemoaning how long it's been since she got any. Now, she trying to turn it into a happy little sex scene!

I told her, Malory, what the hell? You don't even know this guy?

She looks at me and says, 'hey, piss off, Milik! If I want this guy to drill me in the back seat, it's none of your damn business!

Huh. It would serve her right if I wrote a cop into the scene. Nah, the little tart would just do him too.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
How to deal with unruly characters

Me: "For Christ's sake! Stop fucking around and just do what I write. Do we have to go through this shit every goddamn time?!"

Character 1: "Up yours, ginger-nut. I do what I want."

Me: "Oh yeah?"

Character 1: "Yeah! Him, too."

Character 2: "Who, me? Hell no, I do whatever she wants. No problems here, miss."

Character 1: "Fucking grow a pair, would you? What's she gonna do?"

Me: "I'm gonna make you impotent."

Character 1: "See? She's gonna make me WHAT?!"

Me: "Don't fucking try me, shit-bird. I have the keyboard, so I make the rules."

Character 2: "See?"

Character 1: "You the boss, ma'am. Yes sir-eee bob, no argument here."

Me: "You just remember that... bitch."
Lurker
0 likes
Fuck you Cupid you're not even in this story your Mother is so why are you here?

And as honored as I am did you have to come out to me? A gay cupid Is gonna freak people out.

You're telling your Mother not me and you better wait, she's busy right now & doesn't need the distraction.

Yes I'll write it Cupid, relax. I couldn't not write it if I wanted to.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
I have a despicably unscrupulous character who is hell-bent on kidnapping and my beautiful, innocent heroine, and the only way I can see to stop him is to not finish writing the story! He's screwing everything up and i hate him! I won't even be able to post the story here if he gets away with it!

Don't you hate when that happens?