0 likes

Would you like to see a new badge

29 votes
Yes (14 votes) 48%
No (18 votes) 62%
Who Cares? (2 votes) 7%
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I’m just wondering how many people who write here on Lush have a goal of writing in all the categories. I am sure a lot of people would like too, and some who couldn't care less.

I know some who want to, and some who just write in what they know.

I think with all the badges we have, we should have one for this. You know, if you've written in all the categories. I mean, this is after all a writing site. We should have a badge to show if someone has done something like this.

We have a lot of badges for a lot of different things; I think this should be another one. Does anyone else agree?

I personally would love if someone went to my profile and saw a badge showing I have done them all.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes I totally agree, It is a pretty big achievement completing every category in the Lush stories list. There should be a badge to commemorate these talented authors.
Sophisticate
0 likes
I disagree. There are some excellent writers who would never write an story despite the popularity of that category here because it is abhorrent to them. There are other subjects where we lack knowledge or interest. For example, I am not interested in the supernatural and don't know enough about cross-dressing to write about it. My real objection is that I think that simply covering all of the categories is not an achievement. It has nothing to do with the quality of the writing like an Editor's Pick. I think that we should award excellence and not encourage writing that simply fills a quota but may have no other redeeming quality.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Wow; when first read the ideal of the badge sounded great..Now after reading,Principessa's thoughts on the subject , I have a very strong feeling that she is correct in not awarding such a medal.
Now lets take this a step further, I'm not a writer nor an author, So disregard my comment..just M.O.
Detention Seeker
0 likes
I agree with Principessa's view but I suppose each catergory could have it's own badge then if you do all subjects you get a badge that covers all. But it sounds like a lot of work to set up and Gav's only got 2 hands to computerate with or at least I hope he has. Just thinking what he might do with one of them
Lurker
0 likes
Seeing as there are roughly 30 categories, maybe a badge for 15 or over categories. Could be a challenge for some authors to explore topics they've never tried while still being able to avoid categories that make them feel dirty (not in a good way).
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by one_winged_angel
Seeing as there are roughly 30 categories, maybe a badge for 15 or over categories. Could be a challenge for some authors to explore topics they've never tried while still being able to avoid categories that make them feel dirty (not in a good way).

kind of a cool idea, actually, and yeah, or even like 20 catagories, just not ALL of them! lol

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by one_winged_angel

That's a good idea.

I do like the idea for a badge on each but it is a lot of work. So having one for after 15, or even after 10 would be cool. You get a badge after every 10. That would be wicked!
Lurker
0 likes
if this gets a badge I should get a badge for coming up with the idea of writing a story in each category.

As far as I know I am the first to come up with that goal. although I could be wrong.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by Haineko
if this gets a badge I should get a badge for coming up with the idea of writing a story in each category.

As far as I know I am the first to come up with that goal. although I could be wrong.

Not likely, I had this idea before meeting you. I also know Peter_Pan wants to do this too. I have spoken to others who want to also. It seems to be a popular goal for a good handful of people. That's why I made the forum. :3
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by principessa
I disagree. There are some excellent writers who would never write an story despite the popularity of that category here because it is abhorrent to them. There are other subjects where we lack knowledge or interest. For example, I am not interested in the supernatural and don't know enough about cross-dressing to write about it. My real objection is that I think that simply covering all of the categories is not an achievement. It has nothing to do with the quality of the writing like an Editor's Pick. I think that we should award excellence and not encourage writing that simply fills a quota but may have no other redeeming quality.

Doing it WELL would be an amazing achievement, especially if you tackle subjects that that exist outside of your comfort zone.

The idea of writing a story in each genre has been around since longer than i've been here. I could be wrong but I think Imalovernotawriter tried to do this - not sure if he actually succeeded. There's nothing to stop people from writing Incest stories that aren't like your average Incest story - or twist the genre somehow to appeal to a wider audience.

Fugly wrote an Editor's pick which covered every genre Lush Bag of Allsorts
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Sophisticate
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

Doing it WELL would be an amazing achievement, especially if you tackle subjects that that exist outside of your comfort zone.

Okay, if someone writes stories good enough for an EP in every category, I agree they should get a special badge.

Edit: This was meant to be funny. I did not really mean this to be a serious suggestion.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
I would like to sell my badges to peeps who would give me some of their Lushpoints, so I could then purchase my Lush muscle T shirt, Lush red baseball jacket & spiffy Lush sunglasses.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
I think there should be a Badge badge...based on someone's need for a badge.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012
I think there should be a Badge badge...based on someone's need for a badge.

It could be called the Yo Dawg badge, be all like "yo dawg, we heard you wanted a badge, so we gave you a badge, saying badge, so you can look at your badge while you look for another badge."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
I would like to sell my badges to peeps who would give me some of their Lushpoints, so I could then purchase my Lush muscle T shirt, Lush red baseball jacket & spiffy Lush sunglasses.

There's a Lush STORE??? *getting out My credit card* LOL!
Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
Quote by principessa

I agree with this.
0 likes
Quote by GingerKitty

It could be called the Yo Dawg badge, be all like "yo dawg, we heard you wanted a badge, so we gave you a badge, saying badge, so you can look at your badge while you look for another badge."

LMAOOO!! I nearly fucking choked reading this!!

God Empress of Lush
0 likes
I think I quite like the idea of a badge for writing in a range of categories. There are some areas I would feel very uncomfortable about writing in (e.g. cross-dressing and transsexual) but then again, I always said that about BDSM, and by taking a light-hearted look at the subject, it wasn't so bad in the end.

Some stories could of course fit into more than one category - e.g. a "MILF" story could also be "lesbian". I've classified all my pee stories as "fetish", but they could just as well be " " too.

I think I've got stories in 8 categories so far.

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

0 likes
Quote by naughtyannie
I think I quite like the idea of a badge for writing in a range of categories. There are some areas I would feel very uncomfortable about writing in (e.g. cross-dressing and transsexual) but then again, I always said that about BDSM, and by taking a light-hearted look at the subject, it wasn't so bad in the end.

Some stories could of course fit into more than one category - e.g. a "MILF" story could also be "lesbian". I've classified all my pee stories as "fetish", but they could just as well be " " too.

And this is why I think things would be confusing. Someone could write one story that encompasses all categories. Does that particular story get credit for more than one category? I just think overall, it's rather unnecessary...and could turn very messy.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
At first read it sounded like a wonderful idea. But as many have said there are pros and cons. I do like the idea of a badge for say posting each lets say 10 stories... so, the author badge with 10, 20, 30, etc superimposed over it. Possibly for stories with ratings of 4 and above.... Just a thought, Then the badge would be for quality rather than quantity. Just my 2 cents worth with my lonely 1 story and 1 borrowed poem!
*****Sleep peacefully tonight, your Air Force is protecting you!*****
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Poppet

I think with all the badges we have, we should have one for this.

Perhaps one for Moderator Emeritus -- for those of us who gave when asked, stepped down and then didn't flip-out & go batshit crazy to the point where a banning was about the only correct response available.

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Quote by naughtyannie

How funny to find this post again.

Six years later, I'm up to 37 categories. But there are lots more of them now! There is now a special category for pee stories (Watersports) for example.

And I have written a crossdressing story too.

At the speed I write I doubt I'll get to Omnium quite yet...

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Lurker
0 likes
I thought there was a badge for writing in all categories???

The one makes it hard for most people.... but part of me takes it as a challenge.
0 likes
Can I have a badge made for me?

It'll be called Lovable Cunt on black glittery background.

I need a definite yes or no answer. Don't play w/ my heart by saying, maybe

Dear Lord Satan knows I'm loved and worshipped on lush.

You can even throw the Awesome badge my way too, if you're feeling generous.

bites lower lip to muffle laughter.
0 likes
Quote by DamonX
I thought there was a badge for writing in all categories???

The one makes it hard for most people.... but part of me takes it as a challenge.

I recall there being a badge for writing on all categories too.

I need to read your sexual art.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
The badge for writing in all categories is named the Omnium Badge. That would be 54 categories as of now.

The badge for writing in 80 percent of the categories is called the Prolific Badge. That would be 41 categories at the moment if my math is correct.