last reply
17 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hello!
I am Ksenija, registered here because want to create and publish several stories.
Stories will base on my and my girlfriends experiences when we were styding in university.
Are there any person, who writes in sex in university?
If u can help in writing - it will be very helpful!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hello Ksyu

Welcome to Lushstories. It is always nice to see new people joining. This is a very friendly place so I’m sure you will enjoy yourself here.

If you are still looking for someone to help with your writing, I’d like to offer my services in any way I can. I’ve had some experience helping people whose native language isn’t English. I worked with a lady from Brazil that needed help with grammar and description in the four stories listed in my profile. If you have found someone or don’t feel I could be of assistance, that’s not a problem, and I’ll look forward to reading your stories. However, if you are interested, send me a private message with any questions you may have, and we can discuss this further. In either case, I wish you good luck with your stories.
If you're feeling bored during this Covid-19 epidemic I’d like to suggest
you take a peek at a story I collaborated with SueBrasil, a brilliant author.
It's about a mistake in judgment a lady makes concerning a friend, based
on the hurtful words of someone that only thinks of himself. Will that
conniving person succeed in ruining a beautiful friendship, or will she see
through his lies? It's gradually creeping up towards the 30,000 mark
and we’d love any votes or hearing whatever comments you may wish
to make. It is listed in my profile under ‘FAVOURITES’ as Apologize.

www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/apologize.aspx
0 likes
I submitted a story a few days ago and haven't heard back if it was received and it hasn't appeared on the website. A few questions - how long does it take to get published? Do you have to be a paid up member to have your stories accepted? Finally, if your story is not deemed good enough to publish, do you just not hear anything back from the moderators? I would be happy to share my story with anyone who would like to read it and give their opinion of it. Thanks!
0 likes
Quote by cumbichance
I submitted a story a few days ago and haven't heard back if it was received and it hasn't appeared on the website. A few questions - how long does it take to get published? Do you have to be a paid up member to have your stories accepted? Finally, if your story is not deemed good enough to publish, do you just not hear anything back from the moderators? I would be happy to share my story with anyone who would like to read it and give their opinion of it. Thanks!

How long does it take for a story to post? Depends on how many stories are in the queue, but generally <24h.

No, you do not have to be a "paid up" member to be accepted, although being a premium member--Gold or Platinum--does afford your submissions a run to the head of the queue, meaning less wait time from submission to acceptance or rejection.

Rejection happens if your submission is deemed in need of help prior to appearing on the site. Your rejection will be accompanied by a note from the moderator or story verifier who rejected the piece. You do not "just not hear anything back".

Please feel free to shoot me a private message should you have further questions.

~Jennifer
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by cumbichance

1) how long does it take to get published? depends. if you're a gold member, the usual turn around is less than 24 hours ideally. if you're not, depends on how big the que is and what else is going on at the time. at present, it's the holidays and a lot of the mods have stuff going on with families etc, plus there's a competiton about to end, so we're green lighting all comp entries. usually, with non-members, i'm guessing the turn around time averages 3 days, give or take.

2) no. anyone who submits a story will have it published. unless...

3) if it's not acceptable, it will be sent back with a note stating the reason why - usually it's just a matter of needing a good edit for typos, punctuation, etc, with a note of explanation. at that point, once you clean it up and resubmit, it will most likely get published.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Quote by sprite

1) how long does it take to get published? depends. if you're a gold member, the usual turn around is less than 24 hours ideally. if you're not, depends on how big the que is and what else is going on at the time. at present, it's the holidays and a lot of the mods have stuff going on with families etc, plus there's a competiton about to end, so we're green lighting all comp entries. usually, with non-members, i'm guessing the turn around time averages 3 days, give or take.

2) no. anyone who submits a story will have it published. unless...

3) if it's not acceptable, it will be sent back with a note stating the reason why - usually it's just a matter of needing a good edit for typos, punctuation, etc, with a note of explanation. at that point, once you clean it up and resubmit, it will most likely get published.

Giiirl...you once turned around one of my submissions in three minutes. No wonder that I have no idea what a good average turnaround time guesstimate might be.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

0 likes
Thanks a lot for the feedback! Maybe the queue is longer or less people available to review at this time of year. Wondering how I will be messaged i.e. through the site or via email. This is the first story I have written so excited to have it published!
Forum Kan-Guru
0 likes
Quote by cumbichance
Thanks a lot for the feedback! Maybe the queue is longer or less people available to review at this time of year. Wondering how I will be messaged i.e. through the site or via email. This is the first story I have written so excited to have it published!

You'll get a message through the site's mail message. You can set it up so that you get an email to your private email when you receive a lush mail (go to your avatar in the menu bar -> Settings -> Settings/Privacy then look for "Email Notifications").

Quote by sprite

Plus, there's an awful lot of cricket to watch at this time of year...

Note that the mods are volunteers. Some (like sprite) do a lot; some... umm, somewhat less...
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by PhilU

Plus, there's an awful lot of cricket to watch at this time of year...

Note that the mods are volunteers. Some (like sprite) do a lot; some... umm, somewhat less...

my office. now.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Ksenija
Hello!
Stories will base on my and my girlfriends experiences when we were styding in university.
Are there any person, who writes in sex in university?
If u can help in writing - it will be very helpful!

Three years ago I wrote a book 'Art School Goth' about a woman's first
year at Art School. Total fantasy of course, but very funny in places.

I am now writing a sequel based on the woman's second year at
Art School. It has some very funny sections as well as my signature
explicit descriptions of sex.

I'm sorry I cannot help you to write something, as I am much too busy
writing and running my life, but I could answer a few simple questions,
should you have any.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

Giiirl...you once turned around one of my submissions in three minutes. No wonder that I have no idea what a good average turnaround time guesstimate might be.

i've been doing this a long time - i know most of the writers here, and i know which ones i can skim through and which ones i need to read carefully before verifying. people like you, verbal, my mods, etc, can be done quickly and with ease. also, i'd damn good at my job, and that helps. smile

Forum Kan-Guru
0 likes
Quote by sprite

my office. now.

Yep, the pay is shite but there are some perks to the job...

*Sits down gingerly and contemplates doing some actual modding...*
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by PhilU

Yep, the pay is shite but there are some perks to the job...

*Sits down gingerly and contemplates doing some actual modding...*

also, my boots need a good polishing.

Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Quote by sprite

also, my whites and box need a good polishing.

Bad cricket joke. *cue tumbleweed*
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You can find a lot of quick and easy pointers just by doing an internet search. You can, for example, just type the phrase "How to write a good story."

I am hardly a pro and only put one story on here, but I do research for a living and write a lot. I am much better at technical writing, but trying to develop some fiction skills. Here are some things I did when writing the Lush story:

Find out what literary devices you like. If you want a list, just do an internet search for "List of literary devices." I like devices like character development, juxtaposition, and hyperbole.

Read good and professional stories. Most stories follow time tested templates. You don't have to reinvent the wheel. I read A LOT as a kid and in college. I watch a lot of movies. I got to the point where I said, "I should be able to do that."

Think about themes. Again, you can do an internet search on this. Just type "List of literary themes." The story I wrote on Lush has the two themes of redemption and duality.

Write about things you know. If you're from the UK and never been to the US, then write about the UK. Mark Twain wrote about Mississippi River life because that is where he grew up. This sounds simple, but I missed it when I started writing. It sounds like however, you are writing about what you know.

Just jump in. Start writing and find your style. Do you just like to write and let the words come to you? Or do you like to have the shell of a story from start to finish and develop it? I do both. I started writing and knew where I wanted to go after the first chapter.

Do be afraid to change your story. I had the shell of my story written, but then did not like how it ended. I totally changed the ending.

Okay, I am trying to sound like a pro with one story under my belt, but I really did learn a lot just writing this. It probably took about 40 hours, or the average work week.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
A related question. When does the plausibility vs. the fantasy come into play. Mark Twain said that the difference between fiction and reality is that fiction must be believable. I've written well am writing a series, erotoc romance and I'm trying to keep it believeable.
"Illegitimis non carborundum." Vinger Joe Stllwell

What you learn in life is important; those you help learn are more.
Lurker
0 likes
I need help in writing a dark mystery. If interested give me a shout.