What is your Favorite Movie and why?

last reply
33 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
A legend in my own mind!
0 likes
I am watching an all-time favorite, 1985's Desert Hearts, starring the lovely Helen Shaver and Patricia Charbonneau. It's one of the few mainstream movies that feature lesbians. It takes place in the late '50s and you really feel like you are there with them. The kiss in the rain was incredible, but the kiss in the hotel blew my mind!
Meddle Not In The Affairs of Dragons, for we are Crunchy and Good with Ketchup!
0 likes
I actually remember when that came out because a reviewer I followed at the time did a good piece on it, though I didn't see it until many years later. It didn't blow me away or anything, but the acting was pretty good which is what you need in a movie like that I think. Shave and Charbonneau definitely worked well together.

My favorite movies actually tend to change over time, but there are a few that remain at the top. Casablanca is the most consistent favorite, as in is the one that I am most likely to cite in a thread like this. It's one of those movies that just comes together. The cast, script, direction, mood, music, just all fit together to make a whole that is more than the sum of its parts.

Another is Close Encounters of the Third Kind. It's a fantasy version of a first contact movie, big, visually beautiful, but still managed to have a compelling human story about those affected by the alien encounters leading up to the big event.
living dead girl
0 likes
Quote by Brookell
I am watching an all-time favorite, 1985's Desert Hearts, starring the lovely Helen Shaver and Patricia Charbonneau. It's one of the few mainstream movies that feature lesbians. It takes place in the late '50s and you really feel like you are there with them. The kiss in the rain was incredible, but the kiss in the hotel blew my mind!

That's one of my favourites, its on my movie list here?

I'm not sure if i could pick just one favourite
I love so many

But I'll do a top 12

1. The graduate
2. Harold and Maude
3. Black Christmas ( original)
4. Halloween ( original)
5. Some like it hot
6. Shaun of the dead
7. The killing of sister George
8.pulp fiction
9. Breakfast at Tiffany's
10. Duke of burgundy
11. Desert hearts
12.the women ( original )
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I have so many favorites, but I keep coming back to Blade Runner. It's visually stunning, the Vangelis filmscore is incredible, and Roy Batty is one of the best characters ever created... it's high art!
Force of Nature
0 likes
"As Good as It Gets". Jack Nicholson is a repulsive bigot with comments like "Don't worry, you'll be back on your knees in no time." He shows he actually has some redeeming features with one of the best compliments the world has ever heard. The best part of the film, though, is Helen Hunt's breasts.

Looks like we're in for a nasty spell of wether.

Gracie Goes To Hollywood's - True

The Night They Tried to Close RUMPLATIONS Bar (with JamesLlewellyn)

Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
The Warmest Colour is Blue. It's a beautiful love story, without an apparently happy ending, but then the viewer is left wondering will they meet again, or have they truly gone their separate ways,
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Είμαι ταξιδιώτης τόσο στο χρόνο όσο και στο διάστημα
A legend in my own mind!
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
I actually remember when that came out because a reviewer I followed at the time did a good piece on it, though I didn't see it until many years later. It didn't blow me away or anything, but the acting was pretty good which is what you need in a movie like that I think. Shave and Charbonneau definitely worked well together.

My favorite movies actually tend to change over time, but there are a few that remain at the top. Casablanca is the most consistent favorite, as in is the one that I am most likely to cite in a thread like this. It's one of those movies that just comes together. The cast, script, direction, mood, music, just all fit together to make a whole that is more than the sum of its parts.

Another is Close Encounters of the Third Kind. It's a fantasy version of a first contact movie, big, visually beautiful, but still managed to have a compelling human story about those affected by the alien encounters leading up to the big event.

Casablanca is another of my favs as well. How can you go wrong with Bergman! I didn't think she quite had the chemistry with Bogart, Lauren Bacall will always be the one I think of with him, remember Key Largo?
A legend in my own mind!
0 likes
Quote by vanessa26

That's one of my favourites, its on my movie list here?

I'm not sure if i could pick just one favourite
I love so many

But I'll do a top 12

1. The graduate
2. Harold and Maude
3. Black Christmas ( original)
4. Halloween ( original)
5. Some like it hot
6. Shaun of the dead
7. The killing of sister George
8.pulp fiction
9. Breakfast at Tiffany's
10. Duke of burgundy
11. Desert hearts
12.the women ( original )

I can't argue with most of those, but I am going to have to check out 'The Killing of Sister George'. I recall hearing something about it, but have never seen it. Thanks
A legend in my own mind!
0 likes
Quote by Beffer
I have so many favorites, but I keep coming back to Blade Runner. It's visually stunning, the Vangelis filmscore is incredible, and Roy Batty is one of the best characters ever created... it's high art!

Great movie. I was actually a little worried about it because I love the original short story by Dick. I am always worried when they turn a great story into a movie.

What did you think of BR 2049?
A legend in my own mind!
0 likes
Quote by GraceW
"As Good as It Gets". Jack Nicholson is a repulsive bigot with comments like "Don't worry, you'll be back on your knees in no time." He shows he actually has some redeeming features with one of the best compliments the world has ever heard. The best part of the film, though, is Helen Hunt's breasts.

I am not a big fan of Nicholson. Oh he's done some things that I liked, but I never saw this one -- only caught pieces. Now I am going to have to watch because . . . Helen Hunt's breasts!
A legend in my own mind!
0 likes
Quote by Melissa999
The Warmest Colour is Blue. It's a beautiful love story, without an apparently happy ending, but then the viewer is left wondering will they meet again, or have they truly gone their separate ways,

OMG, I forgot all about this one. I saw it years ago with subtitles and I learned that I hate subtitles, too distracting for me.
Lurker
0 likes
The John Adam miniseries. Best acting I have even seen in a movie.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by Brookell

Great movie. I was actually a little worried about it because I love the original short story by Dick. I am always worried when they turn a great story into a movie.

What did you think of BR 2049?

I really liked it, but then I'm a big fan of Ana de Armas. But without the dynamic musical score Bladerunner had, 2049 fell a bit short.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Beffer
I really liked it, but then I'm a big fan of Ana de Armas. But without the dynamic musical score Bladerunner had, 2049 fell a bit short.

For my snuggle muffin, Ping and I, soundtracks are a huge component for our movie viewing pleasure. A wonderfully told and moving story is paramount. Amelie is probably number one, Tron Legacy moves up to number two, and Atomic Blonde bumps American Graffiti to number four.
0 likes
American History X
The Fifth Element
A Serbian Film
Seven Pounds
Bambi
Pinocchio
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I could quote Airplane beginning to end... ( shrugs )
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't think I have a specific favorite movie, but in no particular order, some favorites are

Moana
Bound
The Thin Man
Thor: Ragnarok
Rogue One
Fried Green Tomatoes
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Gone with the wind
Steel magnolia’s
Step mom
Coyote ugly
Jersey girl the one with jami gertz
Titanic
Pretty woman
All the twilight movies
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Tangled
Frozen
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Amelie
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Captain America - The Winter Solider
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Iron Giant
Alice in Wonderland (all versions lol)
Jojo Rabbit

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Quote by sprite
Tangled
Frozen
Amelie
The Iron Giant
Jojo Rabbit

The last of these is opening over here in the New Year. It looks ... different.

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by naughtyannie

The last of these is opening over here in the New Year. It looks ... different.

it's brilliantly done. funny, charming, thought provoking... and it will break your heart.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Quote by sprite

it's brilliantly done. funny, charming, thought provoking... and it will break your heart.

Thanks! I'll put it on my list.

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Primus Omnium
0 likes
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Oh! What a Lovely War
Cabaret
The Sterile Cuckoo
Wings of Desire
City of Angels
The Seven Samurai
A Man and a Woman
A Little Romance
A legend in my own mind!
0 likes
Quote by Adagio
The John Adam miniseries. Best acting I have even seen in a movie.

Wasn't Paul Giamatti just amazing as Adams?
A legend in my own mind!
0 likes
Quote by Ping

For my snuggle muffin, Ping and I, soundtracks are a huge component for our movie viewing pleasure. A wonderfully told and moving story is paramount. Amelie is probably number one, Tron Legacy moves up to number two, and Atomic Blonde bumps American Graffiti to number four.

Music is a huge help when it comes to enjoying a movie. There have been some that left me scratching my head thinking 'did the composer of the soundtrack see the same movie I just saw?" :-)
A legend in my own mind!
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

American History X
The Fifth Element
A Serbian Film
Seven Pounds
Bambi
Pinocchio

Some great ones there, although I have to look up 'The Serbian Film', bever heard of that one. My personal failing with foreign films is I find subtitles very distracting. So I try and watch them in their original language, sorta like watching an Opera when you cannot understand the words, but the emotion can sometimes come through. I know, I'm weird, but I love that about me.
A legend in my own mind!
0 likes
Quote by scottob1234
I could quote Airplane beginning to end... ( shrugs )

No Shrugging! You like what you like and shouldn't have to feel weird about it in any way! I loved Airplane! It was the first of what I would call the modern satire films.
A legend in my own mind!
0 likes
Quote by tessera
I don't think I have a specific favorite movie, but in no particular order, some favorites are

Moana
Bound
The Thin Man
Thor: Ragnarok
Rogue One
Fried Green Tomatoes

OMG< I haven't thought about WIlliam Powell and Myrna Loy in years. The whole Thin Man series was among the best ever made. It's funny how many times Hollywood has tried to duplicate the chemistry those two had nd failed miserably :-) Thanks for having them on your list! Rogue One is also my favorite Star Wars movie!
A legend in my own mind!
0 likes
Quote by Mysteria27
Gone with the wind
Steel magnolia’s
Step mom
Coyote ugly
Jersey girl the one with jami gertz
Titanic
Pretty woman
All the twilight movies

I know I might get stones thrown at me, but I have yet to see 'Gone with the Wind'. I adored the book and simply never could bring myself to watch it. I know, personal failing, but — in my defense, I really, really loved the book.
A legend in my own mind!
0 likes
Quote by sprite
Tangled
Frozen
Amelie
The Iron Giant
Jojo Rabbit

While I enjoyed most of the Marvel movies, 'Captain America - The Winter Soldier' is the bst, in my opinion. A real story, not just a little narrative between special effect fights.