Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

How much TV do you typically watch per week?

last reply
42 replies
3.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes

How much TV do you watch per week?

34 votes remaining
0 (5 votes) 15%
1 minute - 2 hours (11 votes) 32%
2 - 4 hours (11 votes) 32%
5 - 6 hours (4 votes) 12%
7-9 hours (3 votes) 9%
10-14 hours (4 votes) 12%
15- 20 hours (2 votes) 6%
21 - 30 hours (2 votes) 6%
COUCH POTATOOOOOO! (5 votes) 15%
Matriarch
0 likes
I read recently, the average American watches 34 hours of TV per week.

I find that absurd, it can't be right? It's probably a similar statistic in the UK, Europe and Canada.

I watch, at most, 3 hours per week, if a movie is on. The majority of the time, I don't even turn it on once. I was maybe lead astray by my mother who hasn't owned a TV for 20 years.

Anyway, I'm interested to conduct our own survey.

People who read, and spend a lot of time on social networks and other interweb sites, are likely to watch a lot less than that.

So, let's find out.

Poll attached, do your best to fit in with a category.
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Sorry to fuck it up for the Aussies, Nicola, but I can do four hours a day standing on my head. Five if there's something good on.

Although I will admit, now that you've hooked me on this bloody creation of yours, I only watch it exclusively for about half that time. Still have it on in the background though. I'm watching the Block right now.

*clears throat* I'm Will and I have a problem...
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
I rarely watch tv tbh.

I have kids so if they are up and the tv is on then its their programmes that are on and there is only so much SpongeBob Squarepants ect a mum can take so I usually just read or log onto here or facebook and ignore the tv.

That said though despite them being 5 and 7 they do enjoy documentaries and Come Dine With Me is another fav of theirs so if that's what they are watching then I will pay more attention to whats on the box.

Only programme I religiously watch is Top Gear on Sundays, its a sin to miss it in my humble opinion. I probably watch about 2 hours a week, Im bored with all the soaps now and will only really watch more than that if there is live football on or a film is premiering that I want to see, that also tho is rare as I usually already have it on dvd.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
On a good week I watch the news. Nothing else. However I stream a lot of TV shows and movies and if that counts I watch about two hours a day, while surfing online.
0 likes
What are we counting here? Rented movies, Netflix, satellite/broadcast? I'm probably at 3-5 hours per week at the moment but I bought a "Smart TV" last year and a good chunk of that is now either Netflix or Youtube.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I watch about two hours a week.

I used to watch a lot more but now I found lush....lol

I am a mom and my kids are always either watching or have music on it.

When my husband gets home it's all about sports.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I hate when people say they never watch TV. I really find it hard to believe
I have the TV on as soon as I get home from work and it is usually on when I wake on the morning
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I read recently, the average American watches 34 hours of TV per week.

I find that absurd, it can't be right? It's probably a similar statistic in the UK, Europe and Canada.

I watch, at most, 3 hours per week, if a movie is on. The majority of the time, I don't even turn it on once. I was maybe lead astray by my mother who hasn't owned a TV for 20 years.

Well, you honestly have to factor in sports, nic. We Americanos spent shit loads of time watching sports. Not just live sports, but discussion about sports.

When the MLB, NCAA FB, and NFL are all on at the same time, I probably average more than 34 hours.

I'm doing other stuff in between commercials and during of course, but yea. Not hard to imagine.

As far as TV shows, it varies. I catch up online and avoid all the annoying commercials, so for every "hour long" episode, I'm cutting out 20 minutes of bullshit.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
1 minute to 2 hours. Most of that time is on sports, mostly rugby or football (soccer). Saying that, I'm often seating around while it's on but I'll be reading a book (or on here) while the kids or hubs watch crap.

I spend far more time on here than on tv.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'll watch in the evenings, generally from about 7pm till bed, a lot of that time it's just on in the back ground as I spend my evenings on the computer
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not very much, a couple hours maybe
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
It really depends on how I look at it personally :

- Time spent with the TV on : a few hours per week.

- Time spent actually sitting in front of the TV : less than a minute per week.

These days, I often workout in the early evening while watching the news. I might keep the TV open a bit afterward while I'm cooling down or preparing dinner if there's an interesting program going on. Mostly, I 'hear' the TV a lot more than I actually 'watch' it.

I mainly only watch the news and intellectual/cultural stuff (weekly political debates, local music/shows/exhibitions reviews, etc.), but often times this is while doing something else. Otherwise I might occasionally watch a documentary or a movie I haven't seen in a long time. I don't watch any series or sports at all.

Browsing on the internet is another story though.
Lurker
0 likes
I very rarely watch TV, and don't actually own one. The one here belongs to my housemate. I think it's about a fortnight since I last switched it on, even then I had a swift look at the programme guide and switched off again. The majority of the time I'm listening to music and either chatting online or reading.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
NCIS...football...olympics when we have them...news and weather
doing my best to be good..
Lurker
0 likes
During certain times of the year I may catch a ball game on the weekend, but other than that I don't watch much even though the couch potato mrs P always has it on.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I watch loads of TV.

Almost 100% movies though and nothing else.

Things like the news, soaps, comedy, chat shows etc etc I'm not really bothered with but I love to do movie marathons like 6 - 12 hours. If it's more than 3 movies, I like to plan ahead and watch them with others.

I sometimes do the all-nighters in London.
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Anywhere from 7-9 hours, I mainly watch movies and sports. But those numbers double during the basketball and American football season.
Lurker
0 likes
If my husband is home, the tv is on. I rarely sit down and watch it though. One or two programs I watch regularly and then catch something on food network. I spend much more time on Lush than I do in front of the tv.2XeXwWZpVvhG8y4w
Lurker
0 likes
My TV is always on. Mostly as background noise, while I am busy doing something around the house. Usually the news, USA or ESPN.

During the college football I do watch as many games as I can on Saturdays (Thursdays as well if it is a good game).
Lurker
0 likes
When I was boarding at college, it'd literally be 0 hours of TV time. There just wasn't time for that shit. If we really wanted to watch something, we'd stream a movie on one of our laptops and 5-6 of us would huddle over that 15" screen for all of 2 hours per week. But now that I'm back home and the World Cup's about kick off, this terrible status quo might change!x
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i watch Tangled at least 30 hours a week. does that count?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Head Nurse
0 likes
I dont own a tv, so, maybe a few minutes in a pts room if its something interesting.

seems cops is the show of choice amongst pts at night, and i dont find that to be interesting enough to watch.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
With me there will be a distinction between having the TV on and watching. A lot of times I have the TV but I am actually doing something else. I guess I don't like quiet. But more often than not I will have music playing instead of the TV. I do like to watch sports on TV so I may have by beloved Yankees on while I am doing other things.

But 34hrs a week does some a bit extreme, LOL
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
I have to be in the mood for tv. There are a few general shows that I like, but I tend to pick and choose when I look at them via on demand or online. Regualar tv just doesn't hold my interest long and becomes a backdrop to whatever else I'm doing. My family laughs because it appears as if I'm not paying any attenton but I miss nothing. That's my thing, tv (generally speaking) just requires so little--nothing to think about, nothing to guess. But, every once in a while I'll run across a movie or a show and I'm glued to it. When I find something I like, I may watch it several times. On the norm, you can count the weekly hours I spend in front of the tube with your fingers.

My family hates to watch with me. I tend to ask questions or comment on things that seem obvious to me, but ruins it for them.
? A True Story ?
Lurker
0 likes
Me and the wife don't watch much TV (thanks to Netflix and WatchCartoonOnline.com), but the TV comes on depending on what day it is and what's on.
Watching WWE Monday Night RAW, True Blood, Supernatural, Game of Thrones, Archer, Love and Hip-Hop, and Animation Domination on FOX are the only times the TV gets turned on.
Lurker
0 likes
about 2 hours
Lurker
0 likes
neaver anything worth watching
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have about 4 shows right now that I watch. Two of them I actually watch while they air on TV, the others I tend to watch online after the season is over.
Lurker
0 likes
Hell, during this time of year alone, I watch at least 20 hours of sports a week. Maybe I should be classified as a sports potato?