Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

The Dark Continent - Chapter 5

"Young British woman marries missionary to Africa in 1899"

8
4 Comments 4
3.7k Views 3.7k
6.4k words 6.4k words
Elizabeth paced nervously as she waited the doctor to finish his examination of Aston. Finally, after what seemed an eternity, the doctor came out, looking somber.

“What is it, doctor?” she asked impatiently.

“Mrs. Larksley, I’m afraid your husband has post-polio syndrome. It’s affecting the involuntary muscles that control his breathing. That’s why he’s having so much difficulty in breathing, and is unable to move about without tiring.”

“What can we do?”

“I’m afraid there’s nothing I can do. It’s possible he could stabilize in his current condition, and always have difficulty breathing. He would have to curtail his activities.”

“What if he doesn’t stabilize?”

“If his condition deteriorates, the only possible remedy is to have him placed in an iron lung. However, the nearest hospital with one is in Egypt. You would need to move him there, or to England.”

“Would that allow his muscles to regenerate?”

“No, that would only keep him alive.”

“Not much of a life, is it?”

“It’s the only chance for survival, if his condition worsens.”

It became clear that they would have to inform the AIM, who could send a missionary to replace Aston. Elizabeth drafted the letter and read it to Aston for his approval.

“I’ll never let them put you in an iron lung, dear,” she promised Aston. “I promise I’ll stay by your side until the end. I’ll do anything for you.”

When the pain became too difficult to bear, the doctor prescribed narcotics.

“Now, Mrs. Larksley, these are very strong. They can cause death if administered improperly. Take care that you only give one every twelve hours.”

Aston slept almost continuously when using the narcotics. He ate almost nothing, as swallowing was difficult and painful. The doctor insisted that Aston be fed intravenously, but Elizabeth resisted.

“I’ll make sure he eats, doctor.”

“In a matter of days, he’ll be unable to, and he’ll die,” the doctor said. “I’ll be back on Tuesday, and we’ll insert the tubes at that time. It won’t be painful for him, and it will provide the nutrition his body requires.”

After the doctor left, Elizabeth removed her clothes, washed her body, and slid into bed with Aston. His meds were wearing off, and he was in some discomfort, but he was aware of his surroundings. His eyes drank in his beautiful wife’s body as she got under the covers and laid next to him. She put her head on his arm and draped her arm over his body.

“Oh, Aston, I’ve not been the wife you deserve, but I’ve always loved you very much. I still do.”

Aston, too tired to speak, caressed her hair. He had always been amazed that the fairest creature in the world had agreed to be his wife. Everything he had been able to achieve had been because of the support she provided.

Elizabeth pulled down Aston’s underwear and freed his penis. They had not had sex for several weeks. She idly played with his penis, and it began to grow. Sick as he was, he enjoyed the attention.

She expertly caressed his balls, and wrapped her hand lightly around the shaft. She squeezed hard enough to provide pleasure, not so hard as to make him squirt. She wanted to prolong his pleasure, to make him as happy as she could.

As his breathing quickened with his arousal, he began to wheeze. Elizabeth squeezed harder, and a thick wad of cum squirted out of his dick, then a stream oozed out. Elizabeth wiped up the cum with a towel, and laid with Aston as his breathing returned to normal. It was so shallow, she didn’t know how it sustained him.

She had been struggling with the decision for many days, but she was resolved that her husband would not be bedridden, tied to tubes that fed him.

“It’s time for your pain medicine, darling,” she said, lifting his head so he could take the narcotic.

“He’s deceased, Mrs. Larksley,” the doctor announced when he came out of their bedroom. “My deepest condolences.”

Thomas and Jane showed up to take over the thriving mission. It was clear that they were uncomfortable in Elizabeth’s company, but she felt it only fair to the people served by the mission that she stay long enough to ensure that the new missionaries understood the workings of their new assignment. As soon as practical, however, she made her departure.

Fortunately, her father sent her enough money to travel back to Shanghai in a cabin, so she wouldn’t have to travel in steerage class. She dreaded returning penniless to her parent’s house. At forty years of age, she had no husband, no children, no home and no prospects. She had been very happy in Africa, especially after her move to the Belgian Congo.

She was in no hurry to return to Shanghai, and decided to spend some time in Kangundo, visiting the settlers where she had spent several happy years. There was nobody she was particularly close to, but she was reluctant to leave Africa, the only home she had ever really loved.

The Thurman’s had been called out of retirement to tend to the mission in Kangundo. They had started this mission so many decades ago, and had turned it over to Aston and Elizabeth upon their retirement. They were the logical choice to tend it until a new missionary could be sent, and to train the missionary upon their arrival.

The Thurman’s looked so old. Elizabeth wondered if she had aged so much as well. Thinking back to the naïve young woman who had first met the older couple so many years ago, she felt very much older.

“Terribly sorry for your loss,” Mr. Thurman said.

Mrs. Thurman took her in her arms and gave her a hug.

“Come along, dear,” she said. “Let’s get you back to the mission. We’ve got a proper tea ready.”

“I hope you don’t mind me staying on with you for a week or so,” Elizabeth said. “It’s been a very difficult year for me, tending to Aston while he was so sick. I very much feel the need for a vacation before my trip back to Shanghai. And to be honest, I don’t look forward to returning. This is the only place I’ve ever felt was home.”

“Tut, not at all, child,” Mrs. Thurman said. “We’re delighted to have you for as long as you wish.”

For the first time since her marriage, Elizabeth had no responsibilities to anybody. It was the first vacation she had had in several years, and she planned to enjoy it. She was only beginning to realize just how stressful caring for her invalid husband around the clock had been. The weight of that responsibility lifted, she began to feel joyous, until she pondered her future. She had no idea what she would do for the rest of her life.

That evening, she went out to put the animals in for the evening. While putting the chickens in their coop, she was surprised to notice Brown’s wagon in the barn.

“I say, Mr. Thurman, isn’t that John Brown’s old wagon in the barn?”

“Yes, child.”

“Is he here?”

“I’m afraid not, dear. You wouldn’t have heard, it’s all been so recent. Colonel Waltham’s men came while he was staying here one night. They’ve arrested him and taken him away. I’m not sure why, though it appears to be serious.”

“Where’s his animal?”

“We loaned him to one of the nearby villages that lost theirs. We didn’t need it, and they did.”

Late the next afternoon, while Elizabeth was helping clear the table from their afternoon tea, Waltham came riding up. Elizabeth could feel the antipathy she felt for Waltham return. She wasn’t exactly certain why the man irritated her so.

Perhaps it was the brash arrogance he displayed, typical of British men raised in England, and required of army officers. Personally, she had always considered him a bit immature, more like a boy than a man, even though he was the same age as her and he was quite tall and athletic. The truth was, he was the most handsome man she had ever made love to, but she didn’t love him.

He was obviously taken aback to see Elizabeth.

“Why, I had no idea you were here,” he said to Elizabeth. Then, looking downward, he added, “I understand condolences are in order. Terribly sorry.”

Elizabeth was certain that was a lie. He must have found out from one of the settlers that she was in town. News of any type didn’t sit long in the settlement. She was certain that he had come to see her.

“Thank, you. I understand congratulations are in order for you,” Elizabeth said icily. “On two counts, I believe.”

“Thank you,” the Colonel said.

“I’m certain the Crown couldn’t have promoted a more qualified candidate,” she said mockingly. “And I’m confident Mrs. Colonel Waltham is equally qualified for her position. I’m sure you’ll both be very happy.”

Elizabeth had known of his promotion, and marriage, through the correspondence she kept with her acquaintances in Kangundo. The Thurman’s weren’t quite certain whether Elizabeth was being sarcastic, but there seemed to be a tension in the air that made them uncomfortable. They tried making conversation but it fell flat. Soon, Waltham announced that he had to leave.

“But you’ve forgotten the purpose of your visit,” Elizabeth said.

“I was just popping in to check on the Thurman’s,” Waltham said.

“Oh. By the way, Colonel, could you tell me the fate of your trader?”

“We’ve been watching Brown for years. We know he’s been involved in the opium trade, and we suspect he’s also been running guns to the natives, a crime punishable by death. He’s been sent to Cairo for now. I don’t know if he’ll be sent to England for trial, but I doubt we’ll be seeing him in Kenya again.”

“I see.”

“Well, it was nice to see you. Goodbye.”

Every time he was around this woman, he felt the bite of her sarcasm. He didn’t know why he subjected himself to the woman’s tongue. His bride was younger and prettier, and had a more enticing body. He felt that he should easily be able to put this woman out of his mind, yet he kept finding his steps taking him to the mission.

One day, while having tea at the mission with the threesome, Elizabeth said, “I say, Colonel Waltham, would you be so kind as to give me a ride to the station tomorrow. I’d like to make arrangements for my trip to the coast and beyond.”

The Thurman’s were a little surprised that she would ask a married man to give her a ride. What would the Colonel’s bride think? They were also surprised she would risk her own reputation. The other settlers had not shared the rumors about Elizabeth with the old missionaries.

“Not at all, Mrs. Larksley,” he said with a hint of a smile.

From the time he had heard of Elizabeth’s arrival in Kangundo, he had been certain she would not leave without wanting him. He would have her, even if he had to withstand her taunting tongue. Something about her excited him like no other woman.

Elizabeth sat side saddle, as a proper lady should, in front of the Colonel as they rode out of the mission. Once out of sight, however, Elizabeth straddled the saddle so they could ride faster. Waltham knew how much she loved to race the wind. It seemed to awaken all her senses, and make her aroused.

He gave the powerful steed its head and allowed it to run. Elizabeth held tightly to the beast’s mane, her body flat against its neck. She shifted her weight to allow the rolling gait of the beast to massage her vagina.

“Wheeee,” Elizabeth said loudly.

Waltham didn’t know what to make of this woman. She could be so prudish in public, so staid and proper. But she was in no way proper. She had needs that would be taken care of, without regard to what is considered proper.

Waltham slowed the beast to a trot and pulled into their old spot, next to a stream. He hopped down and helped Elizabeth to her feet. He embraced her and began fondling and kissing her.

“Why, Colonel Waltham, you are a married man,” she said, pulling away from him.

“Yes, I guess the shoe’s on the other foot this time,” he said, chuckling. “I’m married, but you’re available.”

She slapped him across the face. Her face reddened, and she turned her back and strode away. The colonel, angry, followed her.

Grabbing her by the arm, he turned her and said, “What is it you want, then? Why are you here?”

“I want you to take me, now,” she said. “Why must you hear me ask, you cad?”

“But…,” he started to say.

“Shut up,” she said, turning away from him.

She was angry that the man made her come out and ask for what she wanted. Why did he have to be so dense?

This woman never ceased to amaze him. She delighted in emasculating him with her tongue, then in the next instant wanted him in her knickers. He had never known a more enigmatic, or exciting woman.

Taking her in his arms, he quickly undressed her and they lay on a blanket in the grass. She straddled his groin and rested her opening on the tip of his dick. When she had worked the length of his member into her vagina, she began pumping his dick rhythmically, raising and lowering her rump while he held and fondled it. Her delectable breasts, with their stiff, pink buds hung down just a short distance from his face and jiggled as they made love. It was an exciting sight. She was the only woman who had ever been on top of him, and he loved it, though it had made him uncomfortable at first.

Releasing her rear with one hand, he grabbed one of her breasts and brought the nipple to his mouth. She leaned over to allow him to slurp it into his mouth, where he began to lick, suck and nip it. Her nipples were very sensitive, and the attention made her even more aroused. Reaching between them, she found her clit and began touching it at she stroked his dick with her pussy.

Releasing her breast, he brought the other one into his mouth and gave it the same treatment, licking, biting and sucking on it. She slid up and down his penis, faster and faster. Finally, with a guttural growl, she climaxed on top of him.

“ummmmgmm, UMMGGGG, UGGHH, Awww, aww, umm, mmm,” she moaned.

Somewhere during her orgasm, as she writhed lewdly on his dick, Waltham filled her with a load of hot, sticky cum. He had never seen anything quite so obscenely erotic as this wanton tramp pumping his dick while playing with her clit, her breasts bouncing in front of his eyes.

They rested together silently, then dressed without a word to each other. Waltham was finally beginning to understand this woman. She didn’t want to hear him speak, she didn’t want anything except for him to fuck her. Well, he could certainly comply with that.

The following night, one of the settlers hosted a dinner party in her honor. Elizabeth looked forward to the dinner, as they had always been lively, festive affairs. The white settlers in any colony tended to bond closer than neighbors in England would have done.

The colonel’s wife, Victoria, was pretty, just as Elizabeth knew she would be. She looked to be in her late twenties, and was much more buxom than Elizabeth. She suspected that the woman would be heavy in middle age, but for now she was quite striking. And some men prefer more meat on their bones. Would the colonel prefer a plump woman?

Victoria’s table manners were flawless. While she spoke very little during dinner, she looked each speaker in the eyes confidently. When the men retired to their cigars, Vicky, as she preferred to be called, became much more talkative. It was clear that she understood how to be a proper colonel’s wife.

“I say, Mrs. Larksley, you must visit me for tea,” she said. “Are you available Thursday?”

Elizabeth looked down, silently. It would be awkward for her to have tea with the wife of her lover.

“Now, Mrs. Larksley, I won’t take no for an answer. My man will be there at three thirty to pick you up.”

On Thursday, Waltham’s servant pulled into the mission in Waltham’s buggy to collect Elizabeth. He helped her up, then flicked the horse and they pulled off.

“It’s so delightful to see you, Elizabeth. May I call you Elizabeth?”

“Certainly, Mrs. Waltham.”

“Oh, do please call me Vicky. I want us to be friends. I’m sorry you’ll be leaving us soon.”

Vicky served the tea herself, explaining that she had given the house servant the afternoon off. Her man would be back at six to pick up Elizabeth, so they were alone until then. Despite the pleasant house, it was a most uncomfortable tea for Elizabeth, who had little to say. Vicky was an excellent conversationalist, and seemed not to notice Elizabeth’s reticence.

As they finished their tea, Vicky asked, “Tell me, dear. Do you love my husband?”

“What? Certainly not.”

“Pity. I believe he loves you.”

“You can’t be serious,” Elizabeth said.

“Come, Elizabeth. We are grown women here.”

“Why aren’t you angry?”

“You won’t be the last woman my husband will stray with, I shouldn’t think. He’s really more a boy than a man, easily distracted.”

“I’m sorry, Vicky. Our relationship pre-dates you. I didn’t intend it to continue when I came here.”

That was a lie. She knew that Waltham would have her before she ever arrived. Vicky probably knew that, but she let it drop.

“Do you love him?”

“No, I do not,” Elizabeth said.

“I do believe you,” Vicky said.

“Do…Do you love him dearly?” Elizabeth asked.

Looking her straight in the eyes, she said, “I do love being married to a colonel.

sublimesquirt
Online Now!
Lush Cams
sublimesquirt

I will love being married to a general even more.”

“I see,” Elizabeth said.

“Please do not judge me,” Vicky said. “I don’t think I deserve that. You see, I haven’t judged you. I was sincere when I said I want us to be friends.”

“I’m sorry, Vicky. Of course, you’re right. You’re the injured party. If anyone should be judged, it is I. How did you meet?” Elizabeth asked, changing the subject.

“My father is an admiral in the Royal Navy. The colonel was selected by my mother. I met him at a dinner party that was thrown exclusively for the opportunity to introduce us, the last time he was in England.”

Laughing, Elizabeth said, “I’ve been to many such parties.”

“Yes, well, I couldn’t disappoint my mother, so here I am, the colonel’s wife. Though, I'm certain my mother is already working on my father to get him to arrange another promotion, or perhaps a diplomatic post.”

“I hope you’ll be very happy, Vicky.”

“I’m happy enough. He treats me well. But, to be perfectly candid with you, Elizabeth, I prefer the feel of a softer body. And I prefer the touch of someone who understands how to please a woman.”

Elizabeth blushed.

“I’m sorry, dear, I’m afraid I’ve embarrassed you,” Vicky said. “Have you felt the touch of a woman before?”

Elizabeth had, with Jane, but she said nothing. She stared at her lap. Vicky moved next to her on the couch and put her hand under her chin, gently lifting her head until their eyes met.

“Have you?”

Elizabeth reddened even more.

“I thought perhaps you had. I believe you to a be a very sensual creature, Elizabeth. Am I right? I hope I’m right . You’re most beautiful.’

Despite being so much younger than Elizabeth, she was clearly the more confident and comfortable of the two. Now she knew what Jane must have felt like, so long ago, when Elizabeth made advances on her. Vicky’s face was very near Elizabeth’s.

“When was the last time you bathed, Elizabeth?”

“I beg your pardon?”

“We have indoor plumbing with running water. It’s such a luxury in this outpost. I bathe every day, because I can. Would you like a bath? I’d love nothing more than to give you one. It’s divine, really it is. Come with me.”

Not waiting for an answer, Vicky took Elizabeth’s hand and rose. Elizabeth got up and meekly followed Elizabeth to the bathroom.

“The colonel never comes home early. Knowing that we’re sharing tea, it would be that much more unlikely he would do so,” Vicky said, laughing. “He must be very uncomfortable, knowing that we’re having tea together.”

“I can imagine,” Elizabeth said.

Elizabeth had never been in a house with running water before, though she knew they were becoming commonplace in the larger cities in America and Europe. The bathroom was more luxurious than she could have imagined. Vicky helped her undress as the bath ran.

Elizabeth was bashful, but Vicky seemed nonplussed by her nudity, continuing her conversation as though it was nothing to have a nude woman in front of her. She had drenched herself in perfume before she came, but when she removed her chemise, she knew that she smelled strong. It had been three days since she last bathed. Vicky did not let on that she smelled unpleasant.

“It was a trick getting the water heater here from England, I can tell you. But nothing, compared to getting a gas pipe to the house. That gas pipe has been a God send. I can cook without the smoke from a wood fire filling up the house. It’s positively divine.”

Vicky helped her into the tub, and Elizabeth eased herself into the warm water. She had to admit, Vicky was right. It was an incredible luxury to be able to bath in a large tub without having to boil water.

Vicky began removing her clothes, while Elizabeth averted her eyes. When she was nude, she knelt down on a towel beside the tub. Taking a sponge, she lathered it with soap and began rubbing it all over Elizabeth. Elizabeth closed her eyes and allowed herself to be pampered.

When done, Vicky wrapped her in a soft towel and patted her dry, then led her to the bedroom. The drapes were drawn, and it was quite dark. She followed Vicky, who had her by the hand. Throwing off her towel, they got under the covers and embraced.

“Men are fine, in their way, but when it comes to touching, they haven’t a clue where to begin. Do you agree, Elizabeth?”

Elizabeth mumbled her agreement, and Vicky went on.

“Not only do they not know, they don’t know that they don’t know. And, truth be told, I’m not certain they care. I think they only want to please themselves. I think most of them would be put off by a woman who enjoyed having sex, rather than tolerating it.”

They stopped talking as Vicky kissed her deeply and passionately. Elizabeth’s cunt was on fire with desire as Elizabeth stroked her everywhere except for there. She ran her hands over Vicky’s large breasts, finding her nipples.

“I want to show you something,” Vicky said, getting out of bed and finding something in her drawer.

“This is one my favorite possessions,” Vicky said. “And my husband doesn’t know of its existence. I do hope you don't think I'm too naughty.”

Elizabeth was now accustomed to the dimly lit room and could see plainly that it was a smooth, wooden cylinder.

“Do you ever play with yourself, Elizabeth?”

“Often,” she responded.

“One of these is most enjoyable for those occasions. Would you let me show you.”

“Yes,” Elizabeth said.

She could tell from its shape what its use would be. Vicky knelt over her and gently worked the cylinder into her vagina. When she was penetrated, Vicky began thrusting it slowly in and out as she rubbed up and down her slit. As Elizabeth’s lips began to open with her arousal, the stimulation on her clit became more direct. Vicky was careful to be very gentle, barely making contact with the sensitive bud.

Elizabeth, for the first time in her life, was able to lay back and enjoy simultaneously being penetrated and massaged toward orgasm, without having to do anything. It was the most exquisite feeling she had felt. Vicky, being a woman, knew exactly how best to please her.

She began to moan softly as she neared her climax. Her head began to thrash, side to side. Her legs were spread as wide as possible as Elizabeth tried to allow for more penetration. When Vicky leaned over and took a breast in her mouth and nipped her nipple with her teeth, Elizabeth exploded in a powerful climax.

Vicky was incredibly aroused as she watched this woman thrash and grunt through her orgasm. When Elizabeth finally regained her composure, Vicky lay next to her, snuggling. She roamed Elizabeth’s breasts with one hand while toying her own clit with the other.

“I should do that for you,” Elizabeth said. “Turnabout.”

“You may,” Vicky said. “Hold me during, darling.”

Elizabeth lay her head on Vicky’s arm and fucked her with the toy as Vicky rubbed her clit with her fingers. Leaning over her body, Elizabeth sucked her breast into her mouth and began licking her nipple.

It wasn’t long before Elizabeth could hear Vicky’s breathing grow erratic, and her rubbing more frantic.

“awwww, ummm, mmmm, mmmm.”

They lay together silently, holding each other. Elizabeth loved the feeling of Vicky’s soft skin against hers. They touched and caressed each other long after their climax, just enjoying touching and being touched. That is something no man would ever understand.

“Thank you for inviting me, Vicky,” she said as she prepared to leave.

“Thank you for coming,” Vicky said. “After all, why should my husband have all the fun with you. Will you return Monday?”

“Yes.”

The colonel brought Elizabeth to their spot the next day. No sooner had they alit than Waltham began removing her clothes. The sex was raw, and the rougher it was, the more she responded. She wanted to be used, to be dominated, and he gave it to her as roughly as she wished. He was beginning to understand her needs, and the more he understood, the more he treated her as she wished to be treated.

As they lay in their afterglow, wanting to delay their departure, she asked him, “Did you catch Brown red-handed?”

“Between you and me? Not to go further?”

“I think you’ll agree, I’m nothing if not discrete.”

“Yes, I’ll agree with that,” he said, laughing, as he hugged her.

“We found a large amount of opium in his possession.”

“Hardly enough to put him away. Is that even illegal?”

“Technically, yes. But we would have preferred to catch him with the guns we suspect he’s trading with the native population.”

“Do you think he’ll be convicted?”

“Are you thinking of representing Brown?” he replied, coyly.

“Just curious.”

“I think he’ll be occupied defending himself for quite some time. I don’t know what will ultimately come of him, but I detest the man, and I hope never to see him again. He represents the worst of Britain.”

Then a thought occurred to him, and he blurted out, “Is it true that you slept with the man?”

Elizabeth’s face reddened, and she said, “How did you know that?”

“I didn’t, until just now,” he said.

She slapped him across the face, hard.

“You bastard!”

She rose to her feet, grabbing her clothes.

Waltham rose and came up behind her. As she turned and lifted her hand to strike him again, he caught her wrists and said, “Do you know why I love you so?”

She said nothing, surprised that he would use that word.

“I’ve never met a more enchanting creature. You’re more a schoolgirl than a woman. To watch you ride a horse is to be young again. You enjoy lovemaking, rather than tolerate it, and rather than using as a way to keep a man’s interest. Why did you allow that crusty old trader to have you?”

“What makes you think I allowed it?”

“He..He forced you?” he said, incredulously.

“I wouldn’t say that, exactly.”

“Well, what would you say, exactly?”

“He failed to ask permission,” she said.

“That’s what you like, isn’t it. You don’t want a gentleman, do you?”

“I prefer to be treated as a lady in public, by a gentleman. In the privacy of the bedroom, just a man; unbridled, uncontrolled, uncontrollable. And I prefer to be pleasured, just as a man is pleasured.”

“Did Brown pleasure you?”

“Brown taught me what it meant to be pleasured. He knew more about my needs than I did. Certainly, more than you know. Or, for that matter, more than my husband knew, after all our years together.”

“Perhaps you can teach me how to pleasure a woman.”

“Certainly not. I believe you should ask your wife to teach you that. The trick is not to learn how to please me. After all, I’m leaving next week, never to return. You’ll be with your wife forever. Don’t you feel it more important to please her?”

“She doesn’t enjoy making love as you do.”

“Rot. What would you know about what a woman enjoys?”

“What did you talk about at tea yesterday?”

“Not you, if that’s what you’re wondering. I’m certain you’ll find that difficult to believe, but you aren’t as interesting a topic as I’m sure you believe you are.”

Waltham could feel his anger rising again, and tried to change the subject.

“Elizabeth, I wish you could stay. I love you so much, I never want you to leave.”

“That would be an interesting arrangement. Perhaps I could enlist.”

“I’m serious. I could leave my wife.”

“Thank you, no. You found yourself a perfect match. If you put the same energy into your career as you do your marriage, I doubt you would have made captain.”

Once again, Waltham’s face darkened.

“What would you know of it? The woman’s a cold fish.”

“She’s not,” Elizabeth said. “You’ve just not taken the time to thaw her. Have you tried treating her as you do me?”

“Queen Victoria?” Waltham exclaimed. “Of course not. She’d demote me. It’s a wonder she doesn’t wear pants. She’ll not be dominated by anyone.”

“Are you a man? You can’t see handling your own wife? Take the woman and give her what you give me. Then find out how to please her. You might be surprised how warm a woman can be, with the proper treatment.”

As Elizabeth lay in bed one night, thinking about her impending trip, something came to her from long ago. It was something that she had seen Brown do so many years ago. Why it suddenly came to mind, she couldn’t say, but she could barely sleep the rest of the night.

Early next morning, she put the goats to graze as always, under the protection of the dogs. Letting the chickens out of the coop, she strewed feed for them in the barnyard, then went back into the barn. She studied the bench on Brown’s wagon, trying to see if she could find the secret to lifting it.

Suddenly, she realized there were two metal bolts that slid in to secure it. By removing those bolts, she should be able to lift the seat on a hidden hinge to reveal the secret compartment beneath. She had espied Brown stashing something into that compartment years ago, unbeknownst to anyone. Nobody else knew of that compartment, most likely, so its contents, if there had been any, would probably still be inside, undisturbed.

She fumbled with the bolts, but they were too tight for her to remove. She found a pair of pliers on the workbench and tried again. The pliers provided leverage to allow her to slide the bolts out. She quietly laid the bolts in the wagon, then tried to swing the seat forward. It was far too heavy for her to manage.

Peering out of the barn to make sure no one was in the yard, she went back to the wagon and hopped up into the back, among the bales of cloth that had been his inventory. The bales were open, their contents having been searched by Waltham’s men.

Now she could lay into it, leveraging the weight of her body to lift the back of the seat forward. It swung to, and it was all she could do to catch it from crashing loudly against the dash.

Reaching into the compartment, she removed three old, dirty, burlap bags. They were heavy, and contained what appeared to be quartz. She had never in her life seen a diamond, but she suspected that what she held were uncut, unpolished diamonds. After all, why would Brown collect, or for that matter, hide common quartz? She knew that diamonds were mined along the western coast of Africa. The natives would gladly trade them for rifles, which were otherwise unattainable.

She hid the bags in a corner of the barn and quickly put the bench back in place, then re-inserted the bolts. Her heart pounded and she was sweating. She didn’t know the value of these stones, but it was enough for Brown to hide, and enough for Waltham to want.

She would have to be careful not to be caught. She had to devise a way to sneak the bags out of the barn without being seen. At best, she would have the stones taken from her, if caught. At worst, she supposed it possible she could be charged with a crime.

She asked Waltham to take her to the station, telling him that she wished to shop for new luggage. The Thurman’s were no longer surprised at her impropriety. They were embarrassed for her, and looked forward to her departure.

“Why do you need new luggage?” Walthan asked, after they had left their favorite spot and were proceeding toward the train station.

“The only luggage I own was given as a wedding present, more than twenty years ago. They’re worn, and besides, I want more room, so I can bring souvenirs to my family.”

“Are you planning to sleep in it?” Waltham asked, when he saw the size of the steamer trunk she was buying.

She made arrangements for the trunk to be delivered to the mission, then they left to go back. Over the next week, she enjoyed both of the Waltham’s, husband and wife, though not at the same time, of course. Mrs. Waltham knew about her husband, but Waltham had no idea that his wife was also enjoying Elizabeth.

The night before she left, Elizabeth snuck into the barn and carried the bags to the hut she was staying in. They were heavy, so she had to take them one at a time. She also carried a large amount of Brown’s fabrics into her hut. She would use the cloth to wrap the stones, so they wouldn’t make noise as her trunk was handled. She packed everything very carefully, so it would shift as little as possible.

It was very unlikely that there would be any inspection of her luggage outbound, and her father’s position in Shanghai would ensure that there would be none on her arrival. Early the next morning she readied herself, locked her trunk, and put the key in her pocket.

Waltham was at the station to see her off.

“Sure you won’t stay?”

“Get to know your wife,” Elizabeth said. “You may be surprised to learn what a gem you have.”

And she was off. It was difficult not to feel nostalgic as she reversed the course that had brought her here so many years ago. Fortunately, the steamship was much faster than the one that had brought her. Also, it took a direct route to Bombay, so her trip took a fraction of the time.

“Don’t say a word to anyone,” her father warned her, when she had informed him of her cargo. “Not even your mother. I’ll make some inquiries.”

In the end, even selling at a steep discount to avoid reporting the sale, she was able to net enough money to keep her more than comfortable for the rest of her life. She opened a bank account with a Swiss bank and deposited the money while she determined what was to be the course of her life.

One of her friends from finishing school had settled in a place called Colorado Springs in America. Her descriptions made it sound fascinating. It was high plains with big, open skies and beautiful mountains in the background, perfect for raising sheep or cattle, and she could easily afford to buy a large ranch there.

“I think I would like that,” she told her father. “I think I should like to learn to ride a horse.”

The End

Published 
Written by Sweetdreemz
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments