Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Girl Guides Summer Camp Part One

"My carefree years as a girl guide"

5
3 Comments 3
4.5k Views 4.5k
681 words 681 words

Recently during a clear out of the attic, I came across a couple of photo albums that I  had not seen for several years. The first album was of my wedding to David but it was the second one which I found to be of more interest.

There we all were in our Guides uniforms, all smiling and full of hope and expectation for the future. I could even remember the names of all the twenty-two girls.

My best friend was Dee. We were in the same class at school and went just about everywhere together. Hence our nickname, the twins. Even now when I think of our first summer camp, I still feel a degree of excitement. Imagine it, a group of schoolgirls spending a whole week living in tents and not only enjoying the countryside but being away from home for the first time. 

Dee had twin daughters and one son. Her marriage was happy and things were going well. As for me, I went on to University for three years, then I somehow ended up in the trading room of a well known London based stockbroker. The money was pouring into the company thanks to the traders. The world's stock markets just kept on going up and up.     

My life was wonderful. I was married, I was a city high flyer. We had a four-bedroom house in a very good area and we were referred to as the golden couple. We had what can only be described as a nonstop whirl of party invites and most were accepted. My husband was a bit older than me and was a senior partner in a firm of Chartered Accountants. I loved my job especially as I was the only female in the trading room.                      

I think it was about 3 am on a Friday that the phone rang. It was always on my husband's side of the bed. Sleepily, he passed it over to me then dived back under the duvet. The voice on the phone was in panic mode. He could hardly speak but he did manage to say that the markets were in free fall and to get the hell out? I had only ever known the good times this news sent a shudder right through me.                 

Within thirty minutes, I was in the trading room. The scene was totally chaotic, I had never seen panic selling on such a scale. "Sell, sell, sell," was the only word anyone was shouting down the phones. I turned on my trading screens they were a sea of red. I was in trouble because nearly all my investments were on the far east markets. I joined the chorus of, "sell, sell, sell."

CarlaJane
Online Now!
Lush Cams
CarlaJane

At 8 am the London markets opened we were all praying for a miracle which did not come.  By the end of the day which became known as Black Friday, I had lost all my clients' money, most of my own and a great deal of the company's money. Total losses of about £56 million. The golden girl was no more. As I left the trading room, I knew that I would never be going back. 

I never went home that evening. I phoned my husband and said that I was staying over with Dee and her family. There was just one place I needed to be. My brand new Ferrari with my personalised number plates would have to be returned because I was buying it on credit terms. I think it took about two hours to reach my destination. The place where I had spent my happiest times.The field where I went on summer camp with the Guides.                                                        

It was so strange. I could see them all as they were, young, happy excited teenagers. How I wished that I could have put the clock back to those times. We were told that there was a lake on the far side of the woods but it was out of bounds to us and we had to stay within the perimeter of the camp. My curiosity had been aroused about the lake.                                                                                                                                                               

                 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                    

                                                                                 

     

 

  

 

 

 

Published 
Written by tarmac2
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments