Cure that hangover!

last reply
35 replies
3.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was a baaaaaad mistake for me to read that as I was pouring my third glass of red wine !!!!
Matriarch
0 likes
Susan, it seems you turn into a sheep when tipsy - and I thought wine would turn you into a feisty vixen - baaaaaad girl!
Lurker
0 likes
you people' anyting I do I do sober. I know you think no fun. You're wrong!
Lurker
0 likes
Darn. Here I thought it was that cheerleading squad that caused My hangover.
Matriarch
0 likes
bump for those in need right now, including myself
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Easiest way to avoid a hangover is - Don't get drunk - just drink enough to get a mild buzz and stay under the legal limit. That way you enjoy the booze and the time, and usually the people you're with.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Good minds think alike Lush!
Lurker
0 likes
i find the best way to cure hangovers is to just sleep it off , but i suppose work and studying gets in the way. Water also helps
Lurker
0 likes
Before bed: drink lots of water, have at least two slices of bread, and two tylenol. If you are really hammered, have a cheese burger, or some other comfort food, then do the previously mentioned things.

If you forget, and pass out and wake up with hangover, then:

hair of the dog, call in sick, throw the to-do list away, and write, read, or go out and take it all in.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by eviotis
Before bed: drink lots of water, have at least two slices of bread, and two tylenol. If you are really hammered, have a cheese burger, or some other comfort food, then do the previously mentioned things.

If you forget, and pass out and wake up with hangover, then:

hair of the dog, call in sick, throw the to-do list away, and write, read, or go out and take it all in.

yesterday I woke up ... after the annual christmas hammered smashed mess .... in the hammered smashed state.

GROAN

Awful!! how did I get home? Bruise (huge) on my hip and wrist. Oh, let's not talk about the heaves ....

I didn't do the before sleep assistance of bread, tylenol or cheeseburgers. I could NOT do the hair of the dog in the morning, let alone water!!

"Just kill me now" repeated in my head. After I finally got a few hours of sleep, I started to repeat, "I am NOT drinking again, EVER!"

Now I am thinking a 2 drink limit???

Wow ... what a waste (literally) of a good Friday night and all day Saturday. I wonder what stories I'll be hearing on Monday at work!

Van
Lurker
0 likes
I warded off my 'Xmas Party' bad hangover with copious cups of tea,a huge fry up and a few curly wurlys. I spent the whole day in my pyjamas doing nothing (giggles)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
Big bowl of Phở.

I'm sorry Felix but if I looked at that with a hangover I'd feel quite sick. Does it taste nice?
Lurker
0 likes
Stay drunk
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Loislane
Quote by Magical_felix
Big bowl of Phở.

I'm sorry Felix but if I looked at that with a hangover I'd feel quite sick. Does it taste nice?

Yes it does. It's just noodles with delicious broth. Soaks all that alcohol right up and no hangover in the morning. For me it goes down easy after you have a hangover too.
Lurker
0 likes
Okay I can see that the noodles might soak up the alchohol and the broth would rehydrate you...I'll stick to a greasy fry up
Lurker
0 likes
"I'll stick to a greasy fry up."

AMEN sister. Holiday party was good for me, drank lots of water between my Makers shots.

By the way VAN, ever find out how the bruises got there, or any other points of interest?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by eviotis

AMEN sister. Holiday party was good for me, drank lots of water between my Makers shots.

By the way VAN, ever find out how the bruises got there, or any other points of interest?

Really, when I saw the Pho soupy-thing, I just about hurled! yikes!!

I have to agree with you & Lois ..... greasy fry up would have eased the pain!!

Bruises - totalled 3: top of thigh by hip, back of arm and wrist. If they were wrists bruises, I might say I had a great effing time ...... but ....

Apparently, I was highly amusing; chatting up many, trying to get a limo to take us home, and the 10 minute study of trying to get the key in the front door. I wonder though, how long did it take for me to get into my condo!! LOL

Ahh ..... 2010 Christmas Mess behind me .... Here's to next year!!

Van
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by VanGogh
Quote by eviotis

Really, when I saw the Pho soupy-thing, I just about hurled! yikes!!

I have to agree with you & Lois ..... greasy fry up would have eased the pain!!

Bruises - totalled 3: top of thigh by hip, back of arm and wrist. If they were wrists bruises, I might say I had a great effing time ...... but ....

Apparently, I was highly amusing; chatting up many, trying to get a limo to take us home, and the 10 minute study of trying to get the key in the front door. I wonder though, how long did it take for me to get into my condo!! LOL

Ahh ..... 2010 Christmas Mess behind me .... Here's to next year!!

Van

But was there photographic evidence of that night? ... Cause we wanna see it!
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Oh come on guys... The entire country of Vietnam can't be wrong. A southeast asian noodle dish with French influences is gonna make you hurl but something fried in week old oil isn't?

Different strokes...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You know, I've been drunk many times, but I've never actually had a hangover.

However, I have been known to puke my guts out on several different occasions. And there may be one time I fell asleep on a toilet with my pants around my ankles.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SweetPenny
You know, I've been drunk many times, but I've never actually had a hangover.

However, I have been known to puke my guts out on several different occasions. And there may be one time I fell asleep on a toilet with my pants around my ankles.

oh my!!!! I think I experienced something similar after a tequila night!

At least I can laugh at the image!! lol

Van
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

But was there photographic evidence of that night? ... Cause we wanna see it!

Oh jeez .... I haven't seen a pic. I hope there ISNT a pic to be found!! Groan!! Now, if I had bruised wrists ... maybe!! *wink*

Van
Lurker
0 likes
Ahhh, the everlasting prayer while kneeling in front of the porcelain god...."I shall never drink like that again, so long as I live," or "Dear Lord, if you see me through this, I promise, I'll never do that again."

...and then comes New Year's Eve.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
Big bowl of Phở.

Phở cures EVERYTHING!

My last hangover was my 50th birthday party...waaay tooo much tequila, threw up from drinking for the first time in 25 years of marriage and my poor hubby was "holding the bag" literally! Got up in a blacked out state at 3am and got in the shower...wtf?

Next day, one broken toenail, brusied knees (??) and a bite mark on my shoulder...tooo bad I can't remember any of it!

Worst part, we had the party at my office so had to get up early (still drunk btw) and clean the mess... GROAN!!!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Loislane
Okay I can see that the noodles might soak up the alchohol and the broth would rehydrate you...I'll stick to a greasy fry up

I always suspected Lois was a soul mate **sighs**

I've never managed to convince the wife of the benefits of a fry-up to cure a hang-over - she still clings to glasses of ginger ale the next morning.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
Oh come on guys... The entire country of Vietnam can't be wrong. A southeast asian noodle dish with French influences is gonna make you hurl but something fried in week old oil isn't?

Different strokes...

hehehe I like the way you put that! Mass-produced chicken eggs in processed oil? Yum! I don't hate all greasy foods but if I only understand this way of dealing with hangover is to make you completely sick and hurl everything in your system.smile

I have never done Pho for hangovers but whats not to like about that? Tons of herbs there, which is the main ingredient in my fave remedy. Herbal teas. Zhi ju and ge gen, which are herbs, and ge hua, which is a flower, boiled in water until the water lessens, and then keep drinking it and you feel better after every cup! You can find all those things at any Asian market. Ginseng works really good too.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Vavavoom
Quote by Magical_felix
Big bowl of Phở.

Phở cures EVERYTHING!

My last hangover was my 50th birthday party...waaay tooo much tequila, threw up from drinking for the first time in 25 years of marriage and my poor hubby was "holding the bag" literally! Got up in a blacked out state at 3am and got in the shower...wtf?

Next day, one broken toenail, brusied knees (??) and a bite mark on my shoulder...tooo bad I can't remember any of it!

Worst part, we had the party at my office so had to get up early (still drunk btw) and clean the mess... GROAN!!!!!

I knew I could count on a fellow Californian to back me up on pho's magical healing qualities smile