3.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I can't see any chat rooms today.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
glad to see im not the only one who noticed,i thought it was my computer crashing on me again
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
Let us not panic. I am sure it has something to do with site maintenance and things will return to normal shortly. Good chance for some to get some fresh air.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SydneySider
Let us not panic. I am sure it has something to do with site maintenance and things will return to normal shortly. Good chance for some to get some fresh air.

Haha Is it a ploy by lush to force some users to get some much needed vitamin D?
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Kinda looks like the page is hacked, with the panic button (in Spanish) in bottom right corner that has a "Panic, leave lushstories now!" tooltip.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I thought it was my computer messing up best part I just got this one 2 weeks ago
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
the chat rooms are now a pay by the hour feature. if you haven't paid up front, you will have no access. please send your cc information to lush in care of sprite. i also take cookies. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
fyi - i just created a room as a test - if you do that, not only does your room show up, but all the regulars do, too - obviously some sort of a glitch - we'll get it sorted asap, promise. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
actually, if you just hit the create room button without creating a room it takes you to the regular page. weird. btw, i'm posting naked pictures in one of the rooms - come take a look-see? ;)

0 likes
Quote by sprite
fyi - i just created a room as a test - if you do that, not only does your room show up, but all the regulars do, too - obviously some sort of a glitch - we'll get it sorted asap, promise. smile

Unless the panic button is a prank joke by Gav, while he's doing maintenance, it maybe wiser to not use the chat rooms at all. Because if someone, other than Gav, can just add such a button on the page, they can probably also inject some nasty scripts that may compromise one's privacy.

Normal Adjacent
0 likes
I saw that button too and thought, nope not going there now. It was sort of disconcerting to see that. I did think something was wrong and restarted my computer and scanned the whole thing. I'll stay away until it gets sorted out. I'm sure it will be. Or I may panic and hit the button anyway, lol.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by noll

Unless the panic button is a prank joke by Gav, while he's doing maintenance, it maybe wiser to not use the chat rooms at all. Because if someone, other than Gav, can just add such a button on the page, they can probably also inject some nasty scripts that may compromise one's privacy.

we actually have a sister site in spanish, and that's where that button came from. i don't believe it's a hack. silly

0 likes
Quote by sprite
we actually have a sister site in spanish, and that's where that button came from. i don't believe it's a hack. silly

I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by noll

I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I pushed the button. It's fine, all it does is take you back to your browser home page.
0 likes
Quote by Wolvesgirl

I pushed the button. It's fine, all it does is take you back to your browser home page.

The I guess you have Google as your homepage ;)

Site administrator
0 likes
Well I never .. I heard a rumour that the chat rooms would not be available on Sundays since we are all encouraged to spend the day in church repenting our sins .. perhaps its not a rumour after all.

edit - hang on ... yay day off for me then!

I have sent Gav a pm probably got loads of em by now.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by noll

The I guess you have Google as your homepage ;)

Nope. Guess again.
Normal Adjacent
0 likes
I tried making a room and the other rooms did show up but once I left my lonely room it reverted back to not showing any rooms. Now any ideas on how I can make that room go away. If anyone sees a room called Shhh, that's mine and no one is in it including me since I can't get back to it. Shhh, don't tell anyone, lol.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by sprite

lol there are about 3 zillion member created rooms mostly empty .. well ok a few thousand anyway.
Blonde Ginger
0 likes
Quote by Gillianleeeza
I tried making a room and the other rooms did show up but once I left my lonely room it reverted back to not showing any rooms. Now any ideas on how I can make that room go away. If anyone sees a room called Shhh, that's mine and no one is in it including me since I can't get back to it. Shhh, don't tell anyone, lol.

you don't have to actually create a room. leave everything blank and just click on create a room and all the others will show up
0 likes
Quote by Wolvesgirl

Nope. Guess again.

Well, that is where the button should take you to:

[code]
$('#panic').click(function (e) {
e.preventDefault();
$('body').remove();
location = 'http://www.google.com';
});
[/code]

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by noll

Well, that is where the button should take you to:

[code]
$('#panic').click(function (e) {
e.preventDefault();
$('body').remove();
location = '';
});
[/code]

Weird. I pressed it and it took me to Bing (yes I know bing sucks, I just like the pictures)
0 likes
Quote by Wolvesgirl

Weird. I pressed it and it took me to Bing (yes I know bing sucks, I just like the pictures)

Setting the location to an empty string (as in the altered quote) will just reload the page.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by noll

Setting the location to an empty string (as in the altered quote) will just reload the page.

I didn't change the location, it altered it automatically when I quoted it from you. When I clicked the button it took me to bing, I have since scanned my computer and there is nothing untoward.
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
We're all doomed.......

(estamos todos condenados - for our Spanish listeners)
You should first read this Looky Here!!

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
Lurker
0 likes
just click the create a room, Do not put a name or any description just click on create a room and the rooms pop up...
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
we have identified the problem. It's Noll's fault. smile

0 likes
Quote by sprite
we have identified the problem. It's Noll's fault. smile

Do I get a badge for that?

OK, let me explain: I was waxing the bonnet of my car when I spilled some wax on the chat page (hurray for mobile browsing!), so now the rooms don't stick there anymore. Sorry!

Lurker
0 likes
just click the create a room, Do not put a name or any description just click on create a room and the rooms pop up...