A big thanks to LIZ for helping with the new header design

last reply
29 replies
2.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
It was getting really cluttered up there, and people missed the home and help links.

So we redesigned the header slightly, using icons to save space, and added a few things back in.

Thank you Liz!
Artistic Tart
0 likes
It looks awesome!

What CAN'T she do?

=d>
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
She can't pick her nose with her little toe I bet.....

It does look great, some people might get locked in here tonight though, can someone check all of the rooms before bedtime ...
My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
Lurker
0 likes
Just saw them & they are awesome!

Great job Liz
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by curious3045
She can't pick her nose with her little toe I bet.....

It does look great, some people might get locked in here tonight though, can someone check all of the rooms before bedtime ...

i'll take that bet! biggrin

no, really, the girl is amazing, right? i'm pretty lucky and proud to call her a friend (don't tell her i said that, it'll just go to her head).

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i love it...more organized and streamlined! great job, thankie very much smile
my newest :)
Velvet-Voiced Titillator
0 likes
Great Job Liz!!

You'll have to come see me for your reward for being so helpful

Green Bay Packer Fan
0 likes
This is a big improvement....looks much cleaner. Thanks Liz.. smile

Prolific Writer
0 likes
Job well done Liz. It is much neater looking. Looks great.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
Excellent work Lizzy....fucking super woman.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Yeah, Great...

(And those of us who spent SIX HOURS wondering where our "ACCOUNT" went owe you a drink...)

xx SF
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Love it! Lizzy is my hero. She's also really hot.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nice job Liz, so much cleaner up there. A job well done !! smile
Lurker
0 likes
Yet NOW I can't click from here to my Message Box?

Meh...

xx SF

But I CAN buy a Dildo! (So that's all fucking right...)
Lurker
0 likes
Looks fantastic, Liz, great job and thanks!
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

Yeah, Great...

(And those of us who spent SIX HOURS wondering where our "ACCOUNT" went owe you a drink...)

xx SF

Here here Steph, I feel your pain.

As for you my dear Liz, you never fail to surprise me with your talents! You are a very gifted woman.
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Lurker
0 likes
Big Thank You Liz....
Looks stunning!!!

And

To you too Nicola....
Head Penguin
0 likes
Lizzy is the best! In fact if we do merchandise, we should have a printed T shirt with that!

Lizzy. Sigh....

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by HotBttmInBriefs
Love the new design.

But several of my icons are actually missing this morning. I can hover over them and a drop down menu appears but the actual icons are not showing up. Probably some kind of weird bug or glitch in the system.

Anyone else having that problem?

Yes someone else reported that in the Help Desk forum ... its been put down as a blip I think since it all seems fine now. smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

Yes someone else reported that in the Help Desk forum ... its been put down as a blip I think since it all seems fine now. smile

I'm still having the same problem. Now even after logging out I have lost 2 more buttons at the top. The symbols for mail and friends has disappeared too.

All I have now are the words and numbers.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by HotBttmInBriefs

I'm still having the same problem. Now even after logging out I have lost 2 more buttons at the top. The symbols for mail and friends has disappeared too.

All I have now are the words and numbers.

I have notified Admin. smile
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
I've just noticed I've got the same issue. The icons aren't visible, though when you hover over where they ought to be, the drop-down menus still appear.

Abigail Thornton is having a similar problem.

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by naughtyannie
I've just noticed I've got the same issue. The icons aren't visible, though when you hover over where they ought to be, the drop-down menus still appear.

Abigail Thornton is having a similar problem.

Same issue here. Can't see some of the icons. They are there but you have to guess where they are
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Glad you all like the new design smile

I think the missing icons might have just been a server blip, they are all showing up for me again now.
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Well, I've now got the round wheely one, but not the others...

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nice to see the Help options back up again on the top bar.

If I was to cast a critical eye though, I'd say that at first glance I get the impression that focus has more slightly further away from stories - which I know isn't true, it's just that's how it looks to me. If you're just looking at the menu bar it can appear simply to be a forum and chat site.

The settings icon should be for settings only and something you shouldn't need to click on that often - Timeline and Friends Activity don't really belong there.

Now there's more room on the bar maybe a "Stories" drop-down can be added with options such as the existing "My stories" and "Reading queue" together with other options like "Followed authors", "Story guidelines", "Favourites" and more. This might have the added bonus of increasing the feel of inclusiveness for the many authors that don't participate in chat or the forums.

EDIT: Maybe a further consideration could be the combining of the Search drop-down and the Search Stories input box. Much like the search box on Firefox which allows you to either select Yahoo, Google, wikipedia etc the Lush search box could allow author and user searches (and maybe forum searches) too
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ok, I've lived with it for a week but I can't get on with it. I have to say, I preferred it how it was.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
Nice to see the Help options back up again on the top bar.

If I was to cast a critical eye though, I'd say that at first glance I get the impression that focus has more slightly further away from stories - which I know isn't true, it's just that's how it looks to me. If you're just looking at the menu bar it can appear simply to be a forum and chat site.

The settings icon should be for settings only and something you shouldn't need to click on that often - Timeline and Friends Activity don't really belong there.

Now there's more room on the bar maybe a "Stories" drop-down can be added with options such as the existing "My stories" and "Reading queue" together with other options like "Followed authors", "Story guidelines", "Favourites" and more. This might have the added bonus of increasing the feel of inclusiveness for the many authors that don't participate in chat or the forums.

EDIT: Maybe a further consideration could be the combining of the Search drop-down and the Search Stories input box. Much like the search box on Firefox which allows you to either select Yahoo, Google, wikipedia etc the Lush search box could allow author and user searches (and maybe forum searches) too

Thank you for your input. Knowing a little about your background, it is valued.

The header is a work in progress

Nothing has changed from how it was before, except we've iconified the easiest things that people will recognise the most.

That is actually a really good point about the stories drop down.

We have never had a stories link in the header before, so nothing has changed, other than iconifying the links to save space. I DO like that idea. It should be the first link in the header if you ask me.

The "Store" link can be turned into an icon and moved over to the RHS.

I'd like chat and forum buttons too, but they might prove problematic in terms of easy recognition for people. The chat with a couple of speech bubbles for example, could work.

We have plans for another few additions to the site - "Groups" has been in the works for a while, as have a couple of other things. We need more header space freed up, there's nothing much we can do about changing what we had, short of adding a second nav bar, and that really ends up messy, design wise.