Login

I need some advice and alittle help

last reply
4 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
when talking about my characters in my story can I just stick with main character or how would i go about introducing other characters to the story?.I set up a cabin scene in part one of a story I did,but just foucsed on her and her fiancee and problems there going throught,but there's another character that is the other woman of one of the characters say mistress,can i switch between characters? like do alittle bit of one character and then bring in the other? i wanna show what i got in my story so far but i don;t know if I'm aloud to post part if it here.one more question can i put swear words in my story too,not alot but some? I'll just show a small preview if some of you have read the first part of my story, Moonlight romance you'd get the idea of where im comming from. plz dont flip out or anything im still testing the waters to writing stories.

With her face in her hands lucy sulked and cried realising her fiancee Sarah has been
Unfaithful to her for last 3 months,she said to herself Even tho the sex was amazing last night
I still have no idea If It is true about Sarah and person I am thinking about for her sake She
better not be cause if I find out that it is true not only will I break of the engagment I will
tell the secret I have known for four years about this certain person.

Lucy stood up from her chair and began to pick herself up,Still wearing her short red booty shorts
blue tank top,no bra her hair up she started to clean up around the cabin,Still her fiancee
being unfaithful still weighing heavily on her mind about who she is cheating on her with?
she spoke uncertainly." I can't say for sure If it is her but there is only one person
in the world that I know that would wear that type of perfume, I don't want it to be true
but in the back of my mind womans intuation is speaking high volumes that It has to be my sister Jamie.

this is what i mean I introduced lucy and her fiancee,but now i wanna bring Jamie into the mix but I don't know how to go about it.
should i wait abit,till she finds out if it is the sister or switch characters and bring Jamies side of the story..
Cocolicious
You should do what feels natural within the flow of the story. If a character's introduction seems forced or interrupts the interactions between current characters, then hold off. It also depends on the story, if the new character is not an integral piece of the story, then why involve another?

As a story mod, I'll tell you this. If your post is indicative of the way you're going to submit your story, it will be returned; there would be too many grammatical issues to approve. Good luck!
Advanced Wordsmith
No this isn't what im going to submit just doing a rough draft thats all and dont worry im not sumbiting my story like this was just showin what i had a small preview am I still aloud to swear in my story ahah
Lurker
When I'm writing a rough draft of a story, what I find helps is getting into the head of the main character, so I'm not only writing the story, but also living it and pretending I'm the protagonist. I slip off into an alternate reality and, in my mind, everything in the story is happening around me.

I get all kitted out in my best clothes, crack open a can of lager, slip on my sunglasses, and just let my imagination run wild. I even stop writing every so often and act out a scene and say the dialogue out loud. The problem is, sometimes I get carried away and start speaking too loudly and my girlfriend will peek her head around door and say something like, "What the bloody hell are you doing up here? I can hear you from downstairs".

She thinks I'm mental, and she's probably right. Look, I don't get out much these days, so I've gotta do something to liven myself up.