Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Hierarchy of Categories?

last reply
4 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
I was wondering: is there a hierarchy for determining to which category a story needs to be submitted?

I know the Story Submission Guidelines have this to say on the matter:

Categories — Since many stories fit into multiple categories, we recognize that it might be difficult to choose the correct one. Please keep the following in mind when selecting a category: Stories with sex between or among family members must go in ; stories featuring any magical entity or occurrence belong in Supernatural; stories about dominance and submission need to be in BDSM; and stories in which any party is hesitant should go in Reluctance. Other fitting categories may be used as tags. We reserve the right to move any story into a different category if we see fit.

I'm hoping for further clarification, as my concern is when a story qualifies for more than one of the above categories, is there an order to use when selecting in which to place it. For example, should they be considered in the same order they're listed in above, so that stories that contained, say and ghosts, and bondage, or , ghosts, and bondage would be placed in the category, while one that contained just ghosts and bondage would belong in the Supernatural category, while one that involved a girl who had to be talked into letting her boyfriend tie her to the bed and spank her would go in BDSM since it comes before Reluctance in the above list. If the preceding list isn't the order of the hierarchy, but one exists, could somebody please point me to it or clarify it further here.

Cadrac
Cad, welcome to Lush. This post seems to have gotten buried by the Open Office info. The following is the very humble opinion of a Lush nobody, so take it all with the appropriate amount of salt.

1. If in doubt, ask. Lush is a fairly informal place. Don't hesitate to contact Nicola (she who must be obeyed) or anyone else with a working title (mod, story checker, etc.)

2. Rumple's Rule of Thumb: Pick the category that will piss off the fewest readers, then add other categories in the tag field.

3. If you need a more concrete guideline, follow the order Nicola mentione: A. , B. Supernatural, C. BD/SM, D. Reluctance.

Looking forward to your first story. Be sure to add a link to it on your sig line and stop by Rumplation's to 'pinp' your story.

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Quote by RumpleForeskin

3. If you need a more concrete guideline, follow the order Nicola mentione: A. , B. Supernatural, C. BD/SM, D. Reluctance.

Yeah, I'll agree with Reverend Rump...that's a good order... stories always get a lot of views, so try to put all your stories there...always make your main characters brother and sister, and you should have no problem...

Then you could just add the other stuff in the tags, like "lesbian, toys, pirates, circus clowns, space ship, fresh ginger, anal bleaching, whatever"...

It should work out nicely...and if you stop by Rumplebations, make sure you buy the regulars a drink...it's sort of a custom here on Lush...

You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories
Quote by DirtyMartini

Yeah, I'll agree with Reverend Rump...that's a good order... stories always get a lot of views, so try to put all your stories there...always make your main characters brother and sister, and you should have no problem...

Then you could just add the other stuff in the tags, like "lesbian, toys, pirates, circus clowns, space ship, fresh ginger, anal bleaching, whatever"...

It should work out nicely...and if you stop by Rumplebations, make sure you buy the regulars a drink...it's sort of a custom here on Lush...

, LOLing out loud, great advise DM. But I'd go with this one Cad.

1. If in doubt, ask. Lush is a fairly informal place. Don't hesitate to contact Nicola (she who must be obeyed) or anyone else with a working title (mod, story checker, etc.)
Don't over think this, you're making it much too difficult. Do follow what the official stance is on story placement. However, if your story contains content that fits multiple categories, simply pick the one that addresses most of the action. After that, pick tag lines that closely fit the content of the story. Using categories as tags is a great idea!

We have a good team of mods here, if in doubt pick one and we'll place it accordingly.

Happy writing...