last reply
11 replies
2.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hey all,

I have recently started my first proper story that I want to post on here, and I am looking for someone to edit, guide and give judgment during the wiritng process. If anyone is interested please drop me a message. I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to publicly sharing my work but want to take the plunge

Happy New Year

Much love
Pringles
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hey there! I'm a newbie on this too and I was thinking exactly what you're thinking. Maybe we could help each other with editing and feedback on our writing?
Let me know if you're interested.

Ava
Matriarch
0 likes
Hi Pringle,

Let me know if you still need help with your story.

Our moderators DO actually help edit a lot of stories when they have time (although to verify stories is their primary role), and always give constructive feedback if a story is rejected.

If I were you, I'd do as best as you can, thoroughly spellcheck the work and make sure it's formatted correctly, and see how you go!

Cheers,

Nicola
Velvet-Voiced Titillator
0 likes
I am always happy to give feedback on stories, but my editing skills aren't up to much. I have in the passed asked lush friends to help with my own editing.
It's a great way to learn, and I feel I have improved a lot.
One thing I would say, is be careful that when someone edits the story, they are looking at grammar and spelling. I prefer it of they don't comment to much on the content of the story, as I wouldn't want them to change the direction of my story. You may find that you don't mind getting creative help, but for me I like to keep my own voice and ideas. That's not to say that I don't welcome story ideas from friends, but I still like to keep control over my original idea for the direction.

Good Luck with your writing.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Jayne33
I am always happy to give feedback on stories, but my editing skills aren't up to much. I have in the passed asked lush friends to help with my own editing.
It's a great way to learn, and I feel I have improved a lot.
One thing I would say, is be careful that when someone edits the story, they are looking at grammar and spelling. I prefer it of they don't comment to much on the content of the story, as I wouldn't want them to change the direction of my story. You may find that you don't mind getting creative help, but for me I like to keep my own voice and ideas. That's not to say that I don't welcome story ideas from friends, but I still like to keep control over my original idea for the direction.

Good Luck with your writing.

Good advise. Clarify what you want the editor to focus on.

Good luck!
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set her free." -Michelangelo

Please Enjoy: The Beach, The Workout, The Hike
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hi Looking for someone to help me edit my storys please
drop me aline if anyone is intersted thanks
Sophisticate
0 likes
Quote by Nips
Hi Looking for someone to help me edit my storys please
drop me aline if anyone is intersted thanks

If you are serious about writing for this site, the first thing you should do is read the information available here in the Writer's Resources. Editing input from someone else can help you, but the quality of your work will only improve if you learn and put some effort into it. Basic things like spelling and grammar do matter, so even if your story idea is a good one, it will be ruined if it does not meet a standard of literacy.

Read some of the stories on this site that have been given EP awards as exemplars.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm also looking for an editor as being german and still going to school my grammar can be lacking.Don't get me wrong I'm looking for someone to edit my stories with me and not for me if anybody is nterested please drop me a line
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My career average is above 90 when it comes to spelling and grammar. (Thank you Mom & Dad) I'm also new here, haven't done any creative writing in a while, but shaking off the cobwebs. I'll be more than happy to help anyone, who can withstand an objective point of constructive critique, from a stickler for details.
Lurker
0 likes
found one
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Looking for a female editor i enjoy writing but always need help with my editing if you don't mind helping out send me inbox and thanks in advance