Login

Challange to capture the moment.

last reply
1 reply
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
Take a moment, a moment that fills your senses. What do you see? What do you hear?
Capture it in a paragraph as it happens.

I will start with my own>

The rain has returned, heavy sheets of it drenching my vista. Waves of rain, moving across the water, each gust represented. The palms fronds move with each gust but hang heavy with water. The glass table, struck with each drop, displays circular patterns from each, the light reflecting on each minuscule wave. The rain has a sound of its own, steady, solid, constant, yet each drop finds its own note as it strikes; be it water, wood, metal or canvas. The distant thunder rolls, slowly passing into silence. A duck, matriarch of her pride is in the middle of the waterway, is seemingly oblivious to the rain, but her head is down, and she flaps her wings to shed the water. Her brood is nearby, finding shelter beneath the overhang of a trawlers bow. Perhaps she teaches them to not fear the rain.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Here's a moment from earlier today at work:
I took a break from cleaning under the bottom shelf to listen to my coworker talk. She didn't have anything much to say and she wasn't much to look at, but anything is a good excuse to take a break from cleaning under a liquor store shelf. It felt like the grime and detritus of the place were soaking into my skin. I looked up and saw that she had taken her hair down to retie the knot she wore it in. I had never seen hair like that. I have always thought brown was an ugly color, the color of dirt and shit. But the brown of her hair was the brownest brown, with threads that caught the light and reflected it in a dozen different colors. I don't know the names of any of them, but they were all brown, all shades of my least favorite color made so beautiful. I wanted to touch that hair, to feel it slip through my fingers. Was it as silky as it looked? Would it smell as fine? I have no idea what she was talking about. I interrupted her to say, "You have beautiful hair." Then I apologized for interrupting and she tied it up in a knot on the back of her head and the moment ended. But I'll never look at her quite the same way again.QtE1XbuxH0VIZ19R