Super Bowl

last reply
22 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
A man had 50 yard line tickets for the Super Bowl. As he sits down, a man comes down and asks if anyone is sitting in the seat next to him.

"No," he says, "The seat is empty."

"This is incredible," said the man. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the Super Bowl, the biggest sporting event in the world, and not use it?"

He says, "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Super bowl we haven't been to together since we got married in 1967."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else-a friend or relative, or even a neighbor to take the seat?".

The man shakes his head.

"No, they're all at the funeral."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Algol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

You're killing me! Stop!
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Lurker
0 likes
Who do you like for the Super Bowl?
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
I'll be pulling for the Saints at least 100%. But if I had to bet the ranch, I'd have to pick the Colts.

Here's you a Super Bowl factoid, Rocco. In 10 of the past 43 SB's, one of the starting quarterbacks was born and raised in Louisiana. Their combined record is 7-3. In this year's SB, one of the starting QB's is Peyton Manning of the Colts, who was born and raised in New Orleans.

Based on that history, the Colts should be better than a 2-1 favorite, right?

Rumple Foreskin
RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'll be pulling for the Saints, Like RF I would have to bet on the Colts. I just hope it’s an interesting game and not a blowout.
Algol
Lurker
0 likes
Me too! Saints just cause. What time does it start? 6? Kick off I mean.
Lurker
0 likes
well ... if the story was about me and one of my husbands, and he had passed away ... I sure and hell would be at the Superbowl! Cheers! LOL

Go Saints Go!

Van
Lurker
0 likes
I like the Saints because I lived there and they never won the Bowl before.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Pats fan, so gotta pull for the Saints!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I just gotta go for the Saints! Quarterback Drew Brees is and ex-Charger... and they should have kept him here!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Me too! Saints just cause. What time does it start? 6? Kick off I mean.

6:28 p.m. EST
Algol
Matriarch
0 likes
I think Chelsea
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
LMAO! Go Niners! Shit....just remembered they didn't make it!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
ummm...go Colts!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
go Saints and crush Manning to a pulp!
Lurker
0 likes
I don't really like either team, but I'll give my blessing to anyone who plays against Dallas or Indianapolis. So I'm pro-Saints
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
FLEUR DE LIS POWER!

Rumple Foreskin
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Lurker
0 likes
Not the talent I'll be watching. I want to see some bone crunching going on. Some REAL football for a change and not ref football.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Not the talent I'll be watching. I want to see some bone crunching going on. Some REAL football for a change and not ref football.

I was never into the "rough" trade, you understqand, but I'd be sorely tempted to let either one of them crunch on my bone, any day.

Rumple Foreskin

Lurker
0 likes
Boooo!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It was a very good game but the colts got cocky!
Lurker
0 likes
I liked it too. Drew was a surprise. That interception(74 yards) by Tracy Porter was fun to watch too.
I also thought Jeremy Shockey was outstanding.
But the commercials were boring and The Who looked and sounded like they died and forgot to lay down.