last reply
442 replies
15.9k views
7 watchers
150 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by noll

Newsom can't be running mate to Harris as they're from the same state.

Wording on that rule is confusing. Snopes has a good breakdown of it. The rule is about how electorates are cast.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/president-vp-different-states/

That being said because of the sheer amount of electorates from CA this could be an issue to avoid. It might skew some weird split ticket scenario because of these ancient rules.

Good catch though, completely forgot about that rule.

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

for various reasons, I'm not a fan of Harris being the nominee.

but if she is - I think she should pick the Gretchen whtimere from mich for vp.

I think two women ganging up on those other two losers would be far too much for them.

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes

Quote by mmmmm_wong

for various reasons, I'm not a fan of Harris being the nominee.

but if she is - I think she should pick the Gretchen whtimere from mich for vp.

I think two women ganging up on those other two losers would be far too much for them.

So is that like "pussy power" ? 😆

Constant Gardener
0 likes

major mic drop and MAGA begins wondering why Trump picked Vance at all - his public speaking skills rank just below Trump's own slurred, halting - off topic raging and wandering.

I love when a plan comes together: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2024-07-23/bloomberg-evening-briefing-harris-rakes-in-record-81-million-in-24-hours

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Constant Gardener
0 likes

This has got to be a first... The GQP party leaders are encouraging the rank & file to reign in their racist, misogynist commentary against Kamala.

Maybe they should inform the Wombat sex offender running for President too - and his sons and his daughters in law...

FFS

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republican-leaders-urge-colleagues-steer-010159487.html

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Biden was so obviously impaired during that debate that it dampened any remaining enthusiasm in liberal leaning younger people. If he remained on the ticket turnout would have been wrecked. Harris on the ticket will turn out more dependable Democratic voters who would otherwise think ‘Why should I drag myself to the polling place we’re doomed?’. Then the whole D ticket including Senate and House races would be in more danger than ever. Most liberal leaning voters do think Harris has a better chance than Biden even if it’s only a few points.

At least with a Harris ticket there will be better Democratic turnout and better House and Senate results even if we end up with the Donald anyway.

An old favorite story of mine: The Chaise Lounge
Common Sense Iconoclast
0 likes

Looking in from just outside the USA, you get a different, more objective perspective. The increasingly highly polarized USA media, essentially going along with what the billionaire class dictates, has caused a near fatal clash of two camps that seem to hate each other to death. It looks like y'all will be fucked up badly if the GOP holds power or worse, tries again to lie and steal their way to power. The media c-suites and media owners obviously want trump because they can make more $$$ with him in the WH, and they keep more money with more tax cuts. No one seems to care about decency, telling the truth, or feeling ashamed about lying or acting corruptly.
Meanwhile, things look really bad for everyone not making $200K/yr, and for most of the civil service that actually gets shit done. Years of neglecting civics education and neglecting science education has turned most Americans into blithering self-entitled idiots. The only winners, no mattter who wins the election, will be the top 0.1% , the true "deep state". America is already half-fucked. It would be totally fucked if trump gets back in.
You have to give Biden and the Democrats in power some credit for waiting until the GOP locked in their slate from hell before having Biden fall in his sword. Brilliant tactical, selfless move to give America the best shot of remaining a beacon of democracy..No candidate is going to be perfect, but at this point, ABT - Anyone But Trump.. Anything but Project 2025, the road to Gilead.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open one's mouth and remove all doubt" - Mark Twain (or Lincoln, or Confucius, or...)
Constant Gardener
0 likes

If Trump is stupid enough to debate Kamala - and they both get their 2 minute opening statements - I so want her to place her hands on her hips, turn away from the cameras and look him directly in his eyes...

And begin to read him his Miranda rights. When she's finished, she'll have one minute to state the obvious differences between the dictator and the freedom fighters.

Constant Gardener
0 likes

Quote by WellMadeMale

The other guy sowed chaos on a daily basis when he was in office. Lies flowed from his lips about everything. He was the greatest in the world of doing everything for everyone, some say. He failed to deliver on anything sensible - didn't pull the US out of Afghanistan over 4 years, increased drone useage levels over that of the Obama years, more soldiers died doing their jobs - than have under Biden - 65 to 16 is the score on that point.

He created further division between the far right and everyone else who don't identify as racists, misogynists or selfish/greedy borderline criminals. And then he tried to overthrow a fair election and our current form of government when he got his ass kicked in the 2020 election. January 6th and his involvement/instigation should disqualify him from holding even a mayorship in any small redneck town in a red state.

Biden/Harris - should run on their fantastic record of achievements for ALL Americans. I'm not going to type a wall of text reflecting those accomplishments, it's easy to look them all up elsewhere. Biden has restored dignity and diplomacy while strengthening our NATO partnerships - Trump wants to let the dictators of the world - start wars of aggression (he held Ukraine hostage for months prior to the Russian invasion in Feb 2022 - and if elected - Ukraine will be swallowed up whole).

Now is Kamala's turn to take the reigns (and the war che$t of donations already accrued by Biden) - she's the Veep and the most logical choice to combat the wombat in November. She'd wipe the floor with him and the Harvard Hillbilly. She simply needs a strong VP choice of her own, to help.

The shitshow lasted from 2017 to 2021 culminating in the most embarrassing and violent attempt at a coup de'tat in American history.

Just for you, Thorn. I called it here on Saturday 7/20 - about 20 hours before Biden finally stepped down. And only after he resisted for four solid weeks after his admittedly disasterous June 27 showing in the debate. And only after the leading Dem voices all began piling up on him to withdraw and let someone - anyone (some were calling for Kamala) to pick up the reigns. It looked like it was going to be a brokered convention similar to the 1968 catastrophe - for the previous week before Biden finally fell on his sword - maybe he waited - on purpose, until after Trump selected his VP choice. If that was Biden's plan - it has worked brilliantly.

Trump's already backing away from the previously agreed upon debate faster than a lobster fleeing a ray. His spokesman is spitting out stupid excuses even faster than Trump himself.

Very few Democratic leaders were calling for Kamala to take over. But she was the only logical choice and in the 8 days since Biden resigned and recommended her to take his place - the entire Democratic party has united around her. Records have been set for monies raised by any political party in this short of a timeframe.

But yeah, I was wrong about Biden toughing out the rough sledding and staying around. I was right about Kamala being the Chosen One.

I guess that makes me right about half the time. I'm batting .500, what's your record, Chump?

Constant Gardener
0 likes

Quote by Magical_felix

Do you think the SS were in on actually killing him or setting up a photo-op?

I feel Trump wanted the most ass-kissy culty SS so they were incompetent like everyone else he chooses.

Doubtful they were in on anything. It wouldn't have taken a vast conspiracy to pull this stunt off. Maybe one or two SS sharpshooters who actually had eyes on the dork who was climbing a ladder to the roof of the building he then crawled across the top of. If he got discovered by any other cops (not in on the scheme) the sharpshooter could plug him and that would be the end of the whole shebang. Dead men tell no tales, etc.

His team of SS agents who were assigned to protect him on stage or whisk him off the stage into a waiting armoured vehicle wouldn't have to know anything. Nor would the other local law enforcement working to secure the area and guide traffic, etc... It would just take one or both of the reported sharpshooters with their spotters to be recruited and informed so they could ensure the patsy had free reign to climb the ladder, get himself in position then fire projectiles (he's a lousy shot so he'd likely miss Trump and maybe hit other people, for added effect) or maybe he had 2 or 3 live rounds and 5 or 6 blanks given to him before he climbed said ladder.

It's not difficult to slice through an obvious Roger Stone rat-fucking production. You have to have the audacity to think up what creatures like Stone and Bannon would dream up and then try to implement. They own some of the darkest hearts & minds of all the animals who have been promoting Trump since 2015.

The rat-fucking isn't over either. Again, you have to try to think like those inhumane motherfuckers. They've been pulling dragon/rabbits out of their hats for over 40 years from the GOP book of dirtyfuckingtricks. Stone and Manafort learned under the tutelage of Lee Atwater - who thankfully, died a slow painful death (Karma struck) over 33 years ago.

Something I'm curious about... Did Trump get to hand pick this current team of SS agents to guard him AFTER he left office on 1/20/21... or did the agents who erased their government issued smartphone call and text logs from 1/6/21 stay on with him and were they part of these keystone cops who failed in their role as protectors on July 13th? Was it a new team of LOYAL SS agents - or were they part of the same team who tried to hide their communications and probably roles in the insurrection?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by WellMadeMale

Just for you, Thorn. I called it here on Saturday 7/20 - about 20 hours before Biden finally stepped down. And only after he resisted for four solid weeks after his admittedly disasterous June 27 showing in the debate. And only after the leading Dem voices all began piling up on him to withdraw and let someone - anyone (some were calling for Kamala) to pick up the reigns. It looked like it was going to be a brokered convention similar to the 1968 catastrophe - for the previous week before Biden finally fell on his sword - maybe he waited - on purpose, until after Trump selected his VP choice. If that was Biden's plan - it has worked brilliantly.

Trump's already backing away from the previously agreed upon debate faster than a lobster fleeing a ray. His spokesman is spitting out stupid excuses even faster than Trump himself.

Very few Democratic leaders were calling for Kamala to take over. But she was the only logical choice and in the 8 days since Biden resigned and recommended her to take his place - the entire Democratic party has united around her. Records have been set for monies raised by any political party in this short of a timeframe.

But yeah, I was wrong about Biden toughing out the rough sledding and staying around. I was right about Kamala being the Chosen One.

I guess that makes me right about half the time. I'm batting .500, what's your record, Chump?

I'm really not impressed with predicting the winner of the match as the final seconds tick off the clock. I'm really also not impressed with guessing the vice president would succeed the president. Like, it's literally her job.

My records a lot better than 50/50. It's easy to see these things coming if you use logic and reason.

If you want a conspiracy theory to dwell on though, the Democrats are choosing a candidate with no input from primary voters. The process is completely undemocratic. With Biden's late withdrawal, an actual primary would be impossible. So if you want to believe Biden had planned all along to leave at a very specific time you also believe the Democrats do not want to give the people the right to choose their candidate. Makes more sense than your Trump shooter insanity.

Wild at Heart
0 likes

Quote by RowanThorn

I'm really not impressed with predicting the winner of the match as the final seconds tick off the clock. I'm really also not impressed with guessing the vice president would succeed the president. Like, it's literally her job.

My records a lot better than 50/50. It's easy to see these things coming if you use logic and reason.

If you want a conspiracy theory to dwell on though, the Democrats are choosing a candidate with no input from primary voters. The process is completely undemocratic. With Biden's late withdrawal, an actual primary would be impossible. So if you want to believe Biden had planned all along to leave at a very specific time you also believe the Democrats do not want to give the people the right to choose their candidate. Makes more sense than your Trump shooter insanity.

This guy is the new "Ironic", says he's on the left but endorses Trump and spews right wing talking points.

What a joke lol

Constant Gardener
0 likes

Thorn is a Johnny come lately punk ass beyotch. Since 2010, we've seen half a dozen such of his type come into these threads trying to influence anyone who reads his tripe, to sway opinion.

He practices whataboutism, changing the subject. His arguments are hollow and transparent.

Too bad Damon wasn't here to trash his garbage so I could sit back, crack open a cold one and laugh my ass off. Too bad Damon was damaged beyond repair. Of course that's the sort of thing that happens when you catch a rusty bolt in your eye from a Murphy bed.

Thorn, you're a poor fifth place behind other, more practiced fuckwads who've invaded Lush Forum since 2010. I await your implosion so I can heartily laugh in Roevember,

Constant Gardener
0 likes

Quote by RowanThorn

I'm sure you've never heard of nor read, Robert's Rules of Order. Biden could die in office and Harris would ascend - automatically.

Since he backed out and promoted his Veep - he was doing what came naturally. He chose her to be his successor in case of such an event, in 2020. The choosing of a Vice Presidential candidate by the presidential candidate addresses this situation (and others) and is one of the most important first decisions a presidential candidate makes before an election.

She doesn't need to be approved of in a primary runoff, you dipshit. People who voted for Biden in 2020 - also voted for Harris and her succession - should it be required.

You sound like the GQP majority leader, instead of a thinking human being.

You're batting average is hovering just above .000. Have you ever been right about anything you've blathered on this forum in the last 15 months? I fail to remember such.

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

A few weeks ago I was worried about Trumps use of social media to spread his propaganda, he was on huge podcasts and really diversifying his audience and Biden was just impotence personified but I have to say the Harris campaign online has been nothing short of brilliant. Of course I don’t know sentiment on the street but her use of current pop culture is genius.

In essence, doing a late stage switch is a brilliant tactic because it doesn’t allow the opposition to launch the full scale smear campaign and Kamala Harris is an eloquent and vital speaker with an impressive resume which puts her in a strong position to mobilise late stage voters. I hope it works.

"A dirty book is rarely dusty"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I'm sure sleeping better since old smiling Joe dropped out.

took long enough. didn't think he'd ever leave.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

This seems to be Harris' election to win. I think the polling will pull further and further in her favor. She's going to draw a lot more women to the polls than Joe would.

She just needs to avoid thinking she can coast through the campaign when it starts looking good. Clinton ran her entire campaign that way and that's exactly how Trump won. Harris should win this thing, but 100 days is a long time to hold this momentum. If they can get Trump on a debate stage with her it will go even better.

She's been calling him out as a coward, and those shots at his ego are a good choice to force him into a bad move. I doubt Trump will show up for two debates, he'll get walloped in the first and claim the whole thing is rigged.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by RowanThorn

This seems to be Harris' election to win. I think the polling will pull further and further in her favor. She's going to draw a lot more women to the polls than Joe would.

She just needs to avoid thinking she can coast through the campaign when it starts looking good. Clinton ran her entire campaign that way and that's exactly how Trump won. Harris should win this thing, but 100 days is a long time to hold this momentum. If they can get Trump on a debate stage with her it will go even better.

She's been calling him out as a coward, and those shots at his ego are a good choice to force him into a bad move. I doubt Trump will show up for two debates, he'll get walloped in the first and claim the whole thing is rigged.

yes, that all looks good and I'm sure they're not counting on his self destructing etc - but

the reeps are one step ahead - some 70 county election officials in the swing states are election deniers.

and will not certify results, throwing the election into chaos.

and will the good money on him being the phoenix rising from all that?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

If Trump loses the election I fully expect there to be some bullshit from his side trying to subvert the results. It won't work out. Even with the most right-leaning courts taking some of the election cases on the last election, they threw out the BS with prejudice.

Should they try something more violent, Democrats control the ability to send out the National Guard. If Trump was in office I would have been more concerned about that.

Wild at Heart
1 like

Quote by PrincessC

A few weeks ago I was worried about Trumps use of social media to spread his propaganda, he was on huge podcasts and really diversifying his audience and Biden was just impotence personified but I have to say the Harris campaign online has been nothing short of brilliant. Of course I don’t know sentiment on the street but her use of current pop culture is genius.

In essence, doing a late stage switch is a brilliant tactic because it doesn’t allow the opposition to launch the full scale smear campaign and Kamala Harris is an eloquent and vital speaker with an impressive resume which puts her in a strong position to mobilise late stage voters. I hope it works.

I like how he waited until after the Republican convention. I was against it at first but seeing is believing I suppose. Can’t trust polls, I mean polls said Hillary would win by a landslide but Kamala seems to be doing alright with online vocal democrats at least. Hard to tell with everyday Americans who aren’t online though.

Wild at Heart
1 like

Quote by RowanThorn

If Trump loses the election I fully expect there to be some bullshit from his side trying to subvert the results. It won't work out. Even with the most right-leaning courts taking some of the election cases on the last election, they threw out the BS with prejudice.

Should they try something more violent, Democrats control the ability to send out the National Guard. If Trump was in office I would have been more concerned about that.

Harris is pro Israel too, unfortunately. Harris winning would be devastating to your plan of Trump winning so that he can create so much chaos the Green Party will take over in the future.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by Magical_felix

Harris is pro Israel too, unfortunately. Harris winning would be devastating to your plan of Trump winning so that he can create so much chaos the Green Party will take over in the future.

I actually think the Greens (or another third party) doing well is exactly what America needs. The Democrats and Republicans are both so deep in the pockets of corporations and billionaires it's embarrassing.

Wild at Heart
0 likes

Quote by MC1982

I actually think the Greens (or another third party) doing well is exactly what America needs. The Democrats and Republicans are both so deep in the pockets of corporations and billionaires it's embarrassing.

What does the Green Party doing “well” look like?

The Green Party also has a history of corruption and they don’t even have power. How exactly will the Green Party control corporations?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by Magical_felix

I like how he waited until after the Republican convention. I was against it at first but seeing is believing I suppose. Can’t trust polls, I mean polls said Hillary would win by a landslide but Kamala seems to be doing alright with online vocal democrats at least. Hard to tell with everyday Americans who aren’t online though.

You’d know better than I what the vibe on the street is but to me her campaign is making politics really accessible which seems like an intelligent move. She really IS brat plus she’s also good looking which works in her favour. The juxtaposition between her and Biden also makes her look like the best politician ever in the biz.

As an external observer the next few weeks are going to be really interesting to watch.

"A dirty book is rarely dusty"
Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Trump is self destructing in real time. Today every Congressional Republican avoided questions about Trump questioning Harris’ racial identity.

And more over that wasn’t even the worst shit from that interview. Everyone is focusing on the racial comments and not the “all police should have blanket immunity from everything” comment.

The woman of color calling him out left and right is not something Trump can deal with. It makes him lose more decorum than usual. And considering how little he has on a good day I’m just going to assume this will get more offensive by the day.

Constant Gardener
0 likes

Quote by PrincessC

What I enjoyed reading today was how Biden secured the prisoner exchange about an hour before he came on domestic TV and announced he wasn't going to run for the Presidency again and then immediately endorsed his own choice to be his Veep as the next logical candidate to take up the reigns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/08/01/deal-us-russia-prisoner-swap/

He's old, he's decrepit, he can't debate Trump coherently and scares Americans out of their shoes for the next few weeks, but Dark Brandon still has the political acumen and wherewithal to engineer the captive hostage exchange with various American allies to the satisfaction of Putin's people. He's pulling off the best deal America and her allies can get.

He's negotiating on a level that Trump could never hope to achieve - and Trump denounces it immediately as the details come to light... Trump never accomplished anything on this level when he was the big kahuna. He just gave a $2,000,000,000,000.00 tax cut to the upper 1% and corporations. That's his greatest claim to fame, aside from stacking the supreme court with the shitholes he installed.

https://www.rawstory.com/news/biden-s-historic-prisoner-swap-an-indication-putin-betting-trump-will-lose-pundits/

Constant Gardener
0 likes

Quote by Dasiydoes

Please tell me why vegetarians won't eat meat ...but wear leather shoes ,belts, coats and purses. .........It's all a matter of choice...don't you think ....no one is right or wrong . If you don't like whom is running ...don't vote ...let your neighbor decide whom is elected!!🍷

Vegetarians won't eat meat, because the smell of roasted flesh makes them want to puke. Here's an anecdote you may or may not get. A buddy and I used to take lunch at a steakhouse within 2 miles of where we worked. This was more than ten years ago - so you were probably still eating whatever your parents threw in front of you.

He was 30 and I was 45. We both tried choking down the 50 ounce Cowboy Cut Porterhouse with 3 pounds of side dishes - anyone who could do that - got their $60 meal for free. Provided they didn't vomit any part of it out, within 10 minutes of declaring they were done. --- It's a midwestern American thing so it probably won't apply to you.

His Corvette had seats and interior trimmed out in the same glove soft cattle leather that his jacket and mine and his driving gloves were manufactured from - cowhide.

My cowboy boots were made from bird (ostrich) and his sandals were made from pig skin.

I've bought and given as gifts - rabbit fur coats, minx fur coats, chinchilla fur coats. Gave my mother a fox fur stole, 40 years ago at Christmas.

And I am a progressive liberal who grew up to regret many of my past decisions. Maybe someday, you will too. Dasiy

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Harris is enjoying a honeymoon. The REpublicans are very skilled at using fear, have no compunctions about lying and will keep throwing mud until something sticks. Honestly, i think Biden has done a better job than anyone gives him credit for, but I'm glad for the Harris/Walz ticket. That said, this is difficult. It's an uphill battle to hold onto the Senate because most Americans have not yet figured out the Republicans are the true extremists in American politics. I hope more than anything that Kamala Harris wins. But that won't end the struggle until MAGA is well and truly defeated as a political force in America. One bad election, and Democracy is over.