90 replies
4.2k views
2 watchers
20 likes

Who listens to drivel like that?

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Quote by noll

"try that in a small town" is a phrase used by right wing people whenever they see anything they don't like. Like say a man dressed as a woman. "try that in a small town".

The irony of this thread is that it implies that you shouldn't step out of line in a small town (rural America) or else they will get violent and put you in your place.

Chryses was very triggered by the statistics showing rural America has a higher murder rate. Yet he starts a thread about a phrase meaning rural America will get violent without hesitation.

Quote by noll

It's a #1 hit.

Quote by Chryses

It seems Mr. Aldean doesn’t like criminals in general and rioters in particular. Are those views now out of bounds? The overwhelming majority of Americans hate crime and hate riots. The problem here is that the video depicts BLM/Antifa riots ("mostly peaceful"?), which are darlings of the special few.

It actually doesn't. The "riots" depicted in this video are either stock images of staged riots and/or are from other countries. So apparently Mr. Aldean hates international staged riots one can access with a Shutterstock subscription.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Quote by Buz

It's a #1 hit.

LOL. I mean, my condolences on your common bad taste.

Quote by noll

LOL. I mean, my condolences on your common bad taste.

It's a hit on the country chart...

Quote by Magical_felix

It's a hit on the country chart...

Yep, the country you and Buz live in. So, I'd like to extend my condolences to you too ;)

Quote by noll

Yep, the country you and Buz live in. So, I'd like to extend my condolences to you too ;)

No I mean country music as in country music not country like a nation.. There are different charts for different genres. The country chart always has terrible music on it.

Quote by Magical_felix

No I mean country music as in country music not country like a nation.. There are different charts for different genres. The country chart always has terrible music on it.

Duh!

Quote by noll

Duh!

Yeah well sometimes you get tripped up with English. Wasn't sure.

Quote by Magical_felix

Yeah well sometimes you get tripped up with English. Wasn't sure.

That was the whole plot ;)

Quote by Magical_felix
The country chart always has terrible music on it.

That's a matter of taste, I suspect. As the wise writer Theodore Sturgeon said, "ninety percent of everything is crap" which means that the country charts likely have no more terrible music on them than other charts. Frankly, I find the current pop scene quite awful, which may be part of why I have embraced metal late in life. At least there's interesting stuff happening in at least some segments of that genre.

Quote by Dani
So apparently Mr. Aldean hates international staged riots one can access with a Shutterstock subscription.

Or didn't really get involved with the video, just let the director has their way. Either way, it makes one wonder about whether the video is "authentic" or just targeting a particular perceived audience (MAGA hat wearers mostly).

A poem for your enjoyment. Little something that came to me a couple days ago

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-mistake-4

I'm not a country music fan, but there are some songs I really like. Back in the day, I watched music award shows, which was my introduction to songs I would not have heard otherwise. Almost every time, the country artists stole the show. Those guys could really play. You can always tell when there is polite applause from the audience, and real genuine appreciation for a performance well done.

That happened when Waylon Jennings played "Waltz Me To Heaven", Ricky Skaggs and His Boys played "Highway Forty Blues" and The Charlie Daniels Band played "The Devil Went Down To Georgia"

Quote by Seeker4

Or didn't really get involved with the video, just let the director has their way. Either way, it makes one wonder about whether the video is "authentic" or just targeting a particular perceived audience (MAGA hat wearers mostly).

Yep. And this thread's existence is a clear indicator that it reached its target audience.

Rage farming is pretty lucrative these days, and nothing wets panties quite like a pro-assault rifle mass shooting survivor who makes a song condemning leftists through the use of caricatures, hyperbole, and general grandstanding against specific groups of people. Funny shit.

Quote by Chryses

Yes, it does. The ANTIFA/BLM riots are the focus of his song. A video needs video, and the best video is not provided by the telephones of the protesters.

A simple google search yields plenty of clear authentic images and video, many of which are open domain. Doesn't make very much sense for someone who has such a clear message to take a subtle route. It's almost as if he wanted plausible deniability in case he didn't evoke his intended response.

But you won't get much of an argument from me. Mr. Aldean's transparent antics and his beef with protest stock footage makes me laugh, but beyond that doesn't register as interesting enough for me to debate over. Lol.

There is only one actual song about a small town's point of view....and it isn't the one that's in the news now.

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.

Quote by WellMadeMale

There is only one actual song about a small town's point of view....and it isn't the one that's in the news now.

"Yeah, I can be myself here in this mall town.
And people let me be just be what I want to be."

Here's another famous small town song that paints an entirely different picture though:

Jason Aldean stood at night, on a wide open stage with stage fans blowing on him and got too hot and cancelled his show mid-song.

This guy wearing a cowboy hat/tejana is stolen valor really.

Quote by Chryses

Mr. Aldean was an actor in the video. A choreographer and director set the scenes, and a producer assembled the product using images thought most likely to fit the narrative.

Are you suggesting Aldean does/might not approve of the message the video conveys?

Quote by Chryses

... chuckling ... Did I post anything you can quote that could honestly be interpreted as suggesting Mr. Aldean does/might not approve of the message the video conveys?

So then what was "Mr. Aldean was an actor in the video." about?

Quote by Chryses

I am pleased you have decided to drop the notion that I might be suggesting Mr. Aldean does/might not approve of the video's message. Was it because you were unable to quote anything that could honestly be interpreted as suggesting Mr. Aldean does/might not approve of the message the video conveys?

You're mistaken. I did quote you. Let me do it again. Maybe you can answer the question this time. What was "Mr. Aldean was an actor in the video." about, if not for suggesting Aldean does/might not approve of the message the video conveys?

Just another occasion for conservatives to blow minor shit out of proportion in order to cry persecution. It's tough times for straw men.

Don't believe everything that you read.

Quote by Ironic

I guess it depends on what you consider minor shit. If your business was vandalized, looted, or burned, would it still be minor shit?

Yep.

Quote by Ironic

I guess it depends on what you consider minor shit. If your business was vandalized, looted, or burned, would it still be minor shit?

i'm more concerned about angry exes walking in and shooting the place up than i am about being vandalized (like the capitol was on jan 6 by... well, not blm or antifa).

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Quote by Just_A_Guy_You_Know

Just another occasion for conservatives to blow minor shit out of proportion in order to cry persecution. It's tough times for straw men.

hopefully they start spending their time burning barbies for a while.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

In the big city your wife gets groped smh

Quote by sprite

i'm more concerned about angry exes walking in and shooting the place up than i am about being vandalized (like the capitol was on jan 6 by... well, not blm or antifa).

The capitol wasn't a small town, sprite.

This thread is about what people won't try in a small town based on a song from a mainstream country artist who wasn't born and raised in a small town. Please stay on topic.

Quote by Dani

The capitol wasn't a small town, sprite.

This thread is about what people won't try in a small town based on a song from a mainstream country artist who wasn't born and raised in a small town. Please stay on topic.

yes, ma'am. curious, btw, after looking up where Aldean lives and where he grew up. i was kind of thinking that a small town would be a few thousand people. i think we need to have some sort of agreement on how small a small town really is. i mean, Macon, GA and Nashville, TN are now considered small towns?

Quote by Ironic

My response to you is the same as my response earlier. Your business must not be worth much to you. I suspect Just_A_Guy_You_Know thinks his business is important to him.

my business isn't really a business. if you mean my place of employment, then yes, it is incredibly important to me but to be blunt, i'm less worried about it being vandalized than i am about conservatives shutting down the funding.