Who else here likes calligraphy?

last reply
22 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I like it. I haven't written it in a long time. But now I am going to buy some calligraphy things again and try it out again.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I like calligraphy. Took some classes as a teen and got very good at it. I've calligraphied poems to my wife. And after calligraphying a Mother's Day card to my mom, found out I had raised the bar and now she expects that kind of input everytime.
Lurker
0 likes
I do! Learnt in school in art class. Was about the only thing I was good at in art, apart from appreciation. Can't draw for toffee sad
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
It's beautiful... and I can't do it to save my ass.
0 likes
It's beautiful. I am a little envious of those who can write like that.

I have tried numerous times and could never manage to grasp it.
0 likes
looks beautiful. i used to use fountain pens at school but never did anything decent with them. seems like a good thing to get into.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
finger painting for the win.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Marx Sister
0 likes
I love calligraphy. Japanese, German, English and French. I'm not good at it, but I enjoy it.

On a similar note, I have an intense enjoyment of illuminated manuscripts, as well.
My Featured Stories
The Snowglobe Conspiracy – Solving a great mystery | There Is No Butterfly – Time Travel competition entry | Incurable Arousal – Most viewed | Toxic, But Not Sinister – Mutual loathing at its finest | You Were – An experience in the second person | Desiderium – A scattering of lovers
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by She
I love calligraphy. Japanese, German, English and French. I'm not good at it, but I enjoy it.

On a similar note, I have an intense enjoyment of illuminated manuscripts, as well.

Oh yeah!! I LOVE Japanese calligraphy. I have a couple t-shirts with calligraphic characters on them.

Troublemaker
0 likes
Calligraphy is cool...I had a set of pens I used to experiment with but I lack the patience for it...
Lurker
0 likes
I'm actually amazed that so many people are into calligraphy.

I got into it in elementary school when I was forced to take a class in it. Soon I had numerous calligraphy sets with various pens and different coloured inks. There's something about the attention to detail that appeals to me. Every word and sentence has meaning. If one mistake is made, the page is ripped out and you start again until you achieve perfection.

I think that mindset is missing in our digital age.

I hate individualistic cursive because it makes it difficult for others to read it..... If you've ever had to try and read medical charts or an MDs handwriting you will completely understand.

Thus, I still always print instead of writing cursive.

But adherence to a specific style is very appealing to me. I always preferred Old English.
The Linebacker
0 likes
When doing a calligraphy project I rarely make a dyslexic error like I do typing or writing normally. I don't have an explanation for that.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Do metal band logos fall under calligraphy? ;)

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Lurker
0 likes
I think calligraphy is very beautiful and admire those who can write in calligraphy well. I tried it once and it didn't turn out so well.
0 likes
Quote by Buz
When doing a calligraphy project I rarely make a dyslexic error like I do typing or writing normally. I don't have an explanation for that.

More focussed maybe?

I'm with Nymphwriter, though. I appreciate good calligraphy but can't do it worth beans.
Sophisticate
0 likes
Quote by IAMLOVE
I like it. I haven't written it in a long time. But now I am going to buy some calligraphy things again and try it out again.

Me too. Focusing on something like that is a great way to clear your mind and the results can be so beautiful.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by principessa

Me too. Focusing on something like that is a great way to clear your mind and the results can be so beautiful.

I'm glad.