#MeToo on Lush

last reply
87 replies
6.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
Quote by Liz
Some of you put waaay too much faith in Burquette's cool, calm exterior. She will fuck you up if you keep stinking up her #MeToo thread, even in the Spa. Seriously, I've seen her do it. She keeps a shovel and a bag of lye in her trunk.

Can't say you haven't been warned...

You're going to give me a reputation.
Normal Adjacent
0 likes
I just wanted to thank you, Burquette (again) for this thread.

I didn't repost my problems with my uncle from my childhood here. Once was enough over in the Weinstein thread. The fact that one family member thinks it's funny still sickens me. I won't/can't share the worst thing that ever happened to me because even though it was so many years ago, I still get physically sick to even think about it.

Although I think in some ways I am contributing to the problem with my inability to tell the story. Guilt again comes into play. I can tell myself I was and am not guilty of a thing. Knowing something and actually being able to feel it are two different things. But I am grateful that if I chose to I could share here and be safe in doing so because of your diligence in keeping this thread on track.

Can someone give Burquette a new shiny new badge or something? I just feel a thank you is not enough. But I am going to keep thanking her.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Gillianleeeza

Although I think in some ways I am contributing to the problem with my inability to tell the story.

no, you're not. the fact that you'e shared what you have, is scary and brave and amazing. i totally get it, btw. first couple of posts in the HW thread had me in the shower, trying to get clean while sobbing. it never gets any easier to come forward and it takes a lot of courage to do so - bless you.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter not
[Edited by Burquette for aggressive italics]

[Edited By Burquette. Contact me OFF the [self-edited for expletive] thread if you have a problem.]

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by noll

This is supposed to be a safe space where no offense is tolerated, right? Well I can't speak for others of course, but personally i find it offensive when I, as an adult, am treated as if I'm not an adult. I can handle "aggressive italics", thank you.

This thread is turning in a one girl show in blue.

i think all the women, and men, who've spoken up about their experiences here don't feel that way. we have a voice, and it's being excersized and heard. Ms B put this thread in the spa for a reason. people are free to go into the think tank and keep it business and usual, but, since it's an extra sensitive subject, we're really trying hard to ensure people feel safe when posting. trust me, it's not easy to open up in public. i am sure that you can understand why. thanks.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Quote by Gillianleeeza
I just wanted to thank you, Burquette (again) for this thread.

I didn't repost my problems with my uncle from my childhood here. Once was enough over in the Weinstein thread. The fact that one family member thinks it's funny still sickens me. I won't/can't share the worst thing that ever happened to me because even though it was so many years ago, I still get physically sick to even think about it.

Although I think in some ways I am contributing to the problem with my inability to tell the story. Guilt again comes into play. I can tell myself I was and am not guilty of a thing. Knowing something and actually being able to feel it are two different things. But I am grateful that if I chose to I could share here and be safe in doing so because of your diligence in keeping this thread on track.

Can someone give Burquette a new shiny new badge or something? I just feel a thank you is not enough. But I am going to keep thanking her.

Sprite and I were chatting when #MeToo came up. The idea is at least half hers.

I'm just so glad that people feel safe enough here to share. It transcends age and gender. It's a huge club.

All the love to you and everyone else who brings their support. Your story was compelling. Terrible. Thank you for sharing it in that thread.
Snake Charmera
0 likes
Thank you to everyone that is showing support here, hugs to all the survivors (I believe we are survivors not victims) and a huge thank you to burquette and Rachel for this thread.

My Anti-Valentine Entry 💔

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/a-valentines-date-to-remember

My first EP and a top ten from the Pride Competition
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/-love-is-love-.aspx

Hanging in the background but around

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by noll
[Edited By Burquette. Contact me OFF the [self-edited for expletive] thread if you have a problem.]

You know what it is already.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Chat Moderator
0 likes
Everyone here who has shared a difficult experience, or mentioned having one, is very brave. I thank you all for your courage, and for just being awesome in general.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by Lucky_lilDragonfly
I confronted the chefs when the guy left the kitchen. I asked them why they didn't help me. They just said something to the fact "Oh he is just like that." So I knew no one would help me or stop him. That is why I left and found a good job at a grocery store.

How sad that they thought that way. I'm glad you were able to find a better job in the long run... though you shouldn't have had to in the first place.
0 likes
Thank you so much to everyone who has posted. I think it shows how pervasive the problem is. Also, that the culture doesn't have to stay like this when everyone, male and female, are affected. You make me proud to be here.

Nerdzilla
0 likes
I'd been wanting join this kind of shout-out movement but I didn't want everyone I know in real life to question me about it. Thank you for giving me a safer place to do it. #metoo
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Delphi
I'd been wanting join this kind of shout-out movement but I didn't want everyone I know in real life to question me about it. Thank you for giving me a safer place to do it. #metoo

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
#MeToo

I'm late to the thread, to the movement and everything. I don't talk about it, I didn't join the Facebook ones. And I'd like to thank for this thread, and to thank all the amazing and brave people who shared their stories. For way too long, I didn't even think I had suffered it, seeing the things I've been through as much smaller than others' experiences, so they couldn't even compare. But I never forgot, it affected me, it does affect me, and it's hard to think of... Now I know, I'm another number on this list. It takes courage to talk about... I don't have it, yet, and I don't know if I ever will. So, it's clear to me how much courage it must have taken from all of you who own and share your experiences. You really are strong.

I don't make personal posts in forums, but this time, even late, I knew I had to add myself to this list, I've been there too. It's never just those moments, they linger, one way or another. And there's fear, the fear is too "natural".
0 likes
Quote by AwfullyCharming
#MeToo

I'm late to the thread, to the movement and everything. I don't talk about it, I didn't join the Facebook ones. And I'd like to thank for this thread, and to thank all the amazing and brave people who shared their stories. For way too long, I didn't even think I had suffered it, seeing the things I've been through as much smaller than others' experiences, so they couldn't even compare. But I never forgot, it affected me, it does affect me, and it's hard to think of... Now I know, I'm another number on this list. It takes courage to talk about... I don't have it, yet, and I don't know if I ever will. So, it's clear to me how much courage it must have taken from all of you who own and share your experiences. You really are strong.

I don't make personal posts in forums, but this time, even late, I knew I had to add myself to this list, I've been there too. It's never just those moments, they linger, one way or another. And there's fear, the fear is too "natural".

You're never late. Ellen Page just shared her story today. So did Aly Raisman.

Share as much as you are comfortable... you're pushing your own personal comfort level and that is BRAVE.

Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
I'm nodding my head throughout this thread, with my heart going out to everyone's heartrending stories.

Like you all, I feel awkward about saying Me Too. I'm just aware that incidents both major and minor have chipped away at my confidence and freedom and sexual expression to a certain degree. It's an inner cage a lot of us seem to have to exist within...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by curvygalore
I'm nodding my head throughout this thread, with my heart going out to everyone's heartrending stories.

Like you all, I feel awkward about saying Me Too. I'm just aware that incidents both major and minor have chipped away at my confidence and freedom and sexual expression to a certain degree. It's an inner cage a lot of us seem to have to exist within...

I understand that cage, it's the wall you've built to protect yourself. Sadly, those walls usually also keep the pain inside. There ought to be no shame in saying #metoo or in sharing your suffering, there is no guilt in being a victim.
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
No details, but #MeToo. It's affected me my whole life, both from my own experience and those of minors I used to work with. The trauma caught up with me and illness meant I couldn't squash it down anymore.

On a positive note, I learned a hell of a lot about fun (and friendship) from Lush and some of the people on here, that was previously inaccessible to me, and has meant I've got a more balanced view of what is and isn't "okay".
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
0 likes
Quote by Shylass
No details, but #MeToo. It's affected me my whole life, both from my own experience and those of minors I used to work with. The trauma caught up with me and illness meant I couldn't squash it down anymore.

On a positive note, I learned a hell of a lot about fun (and friendship) from Lush and some of the people on here, that was previously inaccessible to me, and has meant I've got a more balanced view of what is and isn't "okay".

Lurker
0 likes
"Me too," on Lush, gives me an avenue to write. My poems and stories are not for everyone. However Lush is my platform to share my thoughts with other writers.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
#MeToo

I'm happy to have found this thread here. This topic has been on my mind a lot in recent months, and it can feel so damn hopeless sometimes.

I have several #MeToo moments. Some of which I didn't even realize until months later. It's a terrifying experience to realize you were being taken advantage of without even being aware of it at the time.

My most recent moment was a few years ago when I was working as a receptionist for the headquarters of a fast casual restaurant chain. I worked with the security guard on a daily basis to assess visitors coming on the campus. My job required I work with him daily. He was nice enough for the first month or so, but about two-three months into me working there, he started talking to me about how unhappy he was in his marriage. Then that would escalate into him telling me, "I don't feel like going home tonight and listening to her nagging... You want to go grab some drinks?" I would always turn him down. He would keep asking.

I was in a relationship with someone else (who had his own abusive issues) during the start of this, and the security guard knew about this. He disregarded it completely. At first, when I was new, I didn't know how to handle it. I would just joke, "Haha, you need to stop. You know I'm with someone. We need to get back to work now." After another couple of months of that, I ended up leaving my ex, and my co-workers were heavy into gossip. That news spread fast, and it spread to the security guard. He became way more aggressive, saying, "You know, I going to leave my wife. I'm tired of her BS. Why don't you and me go get those drinks now?" I stopped joking and just told him, "No. Just stop. I'm not looking for anything like that."

He never would stop. It got really scary at some points. I used to go to happy hour with some of the girls at work, and he would find out from one of them. He'd show up there and just invite himself to sit with us, staring at me the entire time. They would always be completely fine with it. I tried to probe them later for more information about him to see if he acted that way around other women. I found out that he did. To every single woman that worked there, and they were all in on it like it was some fun game. I had one girl tell me, "Oh yeah, he's hilarious like that. We used to have a girl work in X department that actually REPORTED him. Can you believe it? That girl didn't know how to take a compliment." I couldn't believe what I heard, and it was the same story from several women.

After that, I kept it to myself and did the best I could to ignore him. Then one day, he corned me in the break room. He was a big guy, and he blocked the doorway with his arms, preventing me from leaving. He just smiled at me for a bit while I asked him to please move, then he said, "So how about you come home with me tonight?" I was in full panic mode, and I didn't know how to handle that. Luckily, someone else came into the break room when this was happening, and he dropped his arms and moved out of the way. I went back to my desk and ignore him.

I finally went to HR after that and reported him. I was basically told, "Oh, yeah, we've heard a few things about him. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do with that other than write a report, because he's the founder's best friend."

I quit my job after that.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by spacecat
#MeToo

I had one girl tell me, "Oh yeah, he's hilarious like that. We used to have a girl work in X department that actually REPORTED him. Can you believe it? That girl didn't know how to take a compliment." I couldn't believe what I heard, and it was the same story from several women.

That sounds truly scary. I can't imagine. Glad you quit that job, and left that boyfriend too. Nice to hear you have found someone who treats you well.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by spacecat
#MeToo

... I had one girl tell me, "Oh yeah, he's hilarious like that. We used to have a girl work in X department that actually REPORTED him. Can you believe it? That girl didn't know how to take a compliment." I couldn't believe what I heard, and it was the same story from several women.

I finally went to HR after that and reported him. I was basically told, "Oh, yeah, we've heard a few things about him. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do with that other than write a report, because he's the founder's best friend."

You've encountered two prime examples of culture. Girls like the one you mentioned, if they ever become moms, aren't very likely to teach their sons and daughters about respect and consent, and with that they may well be responsible for yet another generation of abusers and victims.

I'm glad you got away from that.
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
You know what #metoo

I was homeless in Portland Oregon a few years ago with nowhere else to stay and I met this older gentleman and a guy about my age (26 at the time) and gave me a place stay... A small place with only one bed. He suggested we all share the bed and wouldn't take no for an answer.

Long story short things were done to me and I was made to do things to them. I got away at about 2am and the friend that I called forced me to call the cops via a conference call with the three of us I found out that they were looking at him for having done this before.

So yeah first time I ever shared that. *curls up in the corner and tries to slow his heart down*
Newest Story: [Url=https://]After Prom (Change Comp)[/URL]
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by coryA
You know what #metoo

I was homeless in Portland Oregon a few years ago with nowhere else to stay and I met this older gentleman and a guy about my age (26 at the time) and gave me a place stay... A small place with only one bed. He suggested we all share the bed and wouldn't take no for an answer.

Long story short things were done to me and I was made to do things to them. I got away at about 2am and the friend that I called forced me to call the cops via a conference call with the three of us I found out that they were looking at him for having done this before.

So yeah first time I ever shared that. *curls up in the corner and tries to slow his heart down*

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by prettywild
#me too

These men will never know the scars they leave behind .

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by spacecat
#MeToo

I'm happy to have found this thread here. This topic has been on my mind a lot in recent months, and it can feel so damn hopeless sometimes.

I have several #MeToo moments. Some of which I didn't even realize until months later. It's a terrifying experience to realize you were being taken advantage of without even being aware of it at the time.

My most recent moment was a few years ago when I was working as a receptionist for the headquarters of a fast casual restaurant chain. I worked with the security guard on a daily basis to assess visitors coming on the campus. My job required I work with him daily. He was nice enough for the first month or so, but about two-three months into me working there, he started talking to me about how unhappy he was in his marriage. Then that would escalate into him telling me, "I don't feel like going home tonight and listening to her nagging... You want to go grab some drinks?" I would always turn him down. He would keep asking.

I was in a relationship with someone else (who had his own abusive issues) during the start of this, and the security guard knew about this. He disregarded it completely. At first, when I was new, I didn't know how to handle it. I would just joke, "Haha, you need to stop. You know I'm with someone. We need to get back to work now." After another couple of months of that, I ended up leaving my ex, and my co-workers were heavy into gossip. That news spread fast, and it spread to the security guard. He became way more aggressive, saying, "You know, I going to leave my wife. I'm tired of her BS. Why don't you and me go get those drinks now?" I stopped joking and just told him, "No. Just stop. I'm not looking for anything like that."

He never would stop. It got really scary at some points. I used to go to happy hour with some of the girls at work, and he would find out from one of them. He'd show up there and just invite himself to sit with us, staring at me the entire time. They would always be completely fine with it. I tried to probe them later for more information about him to see if he acted that way around other women. I found out that he did. To every single woman that worked there, and they were all in on it like it was some fun game. I had one girl tell me, "Oh yeah, he's hilarious like that. We used to have a girl work in X department that actually REPORTED him. Can you believe it? That girl didn't know how to take a compliment." I couldn't believe what I heard, and it was the same story from several women.

After that, I kept it to myself and did the best I could to ignore him. Then one day, he corned me in the break room. He was a big guy, and he blocked the doorway with his arms, preventing me from leaving. He just smiled at me for a bit while I asked him to please move, then he said, "So how about you come home with me tonight?" I was in full panic mode, and I didn't know how to handle that. Luckily, someone else came into the break room when this was happening, and he dropped his arms and moved out of the way. I went back to my desk and ignore him.