Worst actor / actress in Hollywood?

last reply
55 replies
5.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's a tricky one to call, but I'd have to say Nicholas Cage. He's so wooden he makes Pinocchio look real - I mean, seriously:

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was amused by your comment, Filmgoer. I don't see much cinema but I have read the name in reviews I suppose. Now at least I know what he looks like too.

Who do you rate as worst among the females?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Sami
I was amused by your comment, Filmgoer. I don't see much cinema but I have read the name in reviews I suppose. Now at least I know what he looks like too.

Sandra Bullock. No-one comes close to how abysmal she is as an "actress".
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Filmgoer
Quote by Sami

Sandra Bullock. No-one comes close to how abysmal she is as an "actress".

My husband fancies her --- any time he sees her in film I know I'm in for a nice time later LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree, Sandra Bullock is terrible.

Keanu Reeves is pretty bad, but his "Own Private Idaho" wasn't that awful. The Matrix was fun.

Tom Cruise for me. What a stinker
Matriarch
0 likes
Kevin Costner turns me off totally. So overrated.

Tom Cruise also, especially coupled with all his scientologist propaganda.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Surprised there were this many responses and Ben Affleck hasn't been mentioned yet
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was just thinking about this the other day...

Worst Actors:

Tom Cruise
Steven Segal
David Hasselhoff

Worst Actresses:

Lindsay Lohan
Paris Hilton
Jessica Alba, yes, she's hot as hell, just can't act for a damn
Lurker
0 likes
Add to the list any singer that's made it big and decided to get into the movies.

Janet Jackson, Streisand, Jessica Simpson, male singers, etc.
Lurker
0 likes
Hayden Christensen ...I tried really but he gets worse with every movie...I had to stop watching Star Wars 2 because his acting was so dire...

Nicholas's Cages hair piece(it gets more and more fake with every movie)

Lindsay Lohan as well(especially in the travesty of a movie called 'I know who killed me' )
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
Add to the list any singer that's made it big and decided to get into the movies.

Sorry, Rocco, have you ever heard of a gentleman named Frank Sinatra? And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Streisand have an Oscar?
I do however agree with Cage as about the worst actor out there, and however lovely she may be, Alba cannot emote to save her life. She just sits there with that sort of half smile and a dazed look.
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes
Hate Russell Crow. Way too full of himself.
Lurker
0 likes
A lot of the times she's a good actress, but when Meryl Streep does a role where she has to do an accent, I can't stand her performance, or her assumed accent.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by castlequeen
Quote by roccotool

Sorry, Rocco, have you ever heard of a gentleman named Frank Sinatra? And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Streisand have an Oscar?
I do however agree with Cage as about the worst actor out there, and however lovely she may be, Alba cannot emote to save her life. She just sits there with that sort of half smile and a dazed look.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In the category of Worst Male Actor in Hollywood, the nominations are:
(Far, far, far too many to list.)

In the category of Worst Female Actress in Hollywood, the nominations are:
(Again, far too many to list.)

It truly seems that there are NO truly believable actors/actresses in Hollywood any more (although I know that comment will probably spark others to start listing those who ARE.) Most of the "Greats" are either dead or completely overlooked by the studio heads who deem them as being "too old" for anything except maybe, possibly, a cameo.

Now, if we were going to look at Most Under-Used Actors/Actresses in Hollywood, my nomination for the Male category would have to be Jim Carey. He is a B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T!!!! actor who has a range so vast that the galaxy seems a bit small to contain it. But, as is most often the case, he has become streotyped as being a "funny man" and is, himself, overlooked when it comes to being concidered for an intense dramatic roll.

For the Most Under-Used Actresses category, I would have to say that this "honor" would have to go to Kirsten Dunst. I mean, c'mon, let's face it she was S-P-E-C-T-A-C-U-L-A-R in "Interview with a Vampire"!!!! She looked soooo sweeeet and innocent but she played Claudia with such fire and intensity that I found it hard to beileve she was just THAT convincing! Of course, now, she'll probably be forever known as Mary Jane Watson-Parker, living out the rest of her acting career waiting to be called and asked if she's still up for doing "Spider-man 20".
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Tagnikzuur
In the category of Worst Male Actor in Hollywood, the nominations are:
(Far, far, far too many to list.)

In the category of Worst Female Actress in Hollywood, the nominations are:
(Again, far too many to list.)

It truly seems that there are NO truly believable actors/actresses in Hollywood any more (although I know that comment will probably spark others to start listing those who ARE.) Most of the "Greats" are either dead or completely overlooked by the studio heads who deem them as being "too old" for anything except maybe, possibly, a cameo.

Now, if we were going to look at Most Under-Used Actors/Actresses in Hollywood, my nomination for the Male category would have to be Jim Carey. He is a B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T!!!! actor who has a range so vast that the galaxy seems a bit small to contain it. But, as is most often the case, he has become streotyped as being a "funny man" and is, himself, overlooked when it comes to being concidered for an intense dramatic roll.

For the Most Under-Used Actresses category, I would have to say that this "honor" would have to go to Kirsten Dunst. I mean, c'mon, let's face it she was S-P-E-C-T-A-C-U-L-A-R in "Interview with a Vampire"!!!! She looked soooo sweeeet and innocent but she played Claudia with such fire and intensity that I found it hard to beileve she was just THAT convincing! Of course, now, she'll probably be forever known as Mary Jane Watson-Parker, living out the rest of her acting career waiting to be called and asked if she's still up for doing "Spider-man 20".

I think Kirsten needs to build her acting chops. That movie was 15 years ago and she was 12. She's got a long way to go. Promising perhaps but a long way to go.

Jim Carey has made his bed and now has to lay in it. Unfortunatly his movies are of the low brow entertainment that people have come to expect from his acting choices.

Another over looked actor is Paul Giamatti. Perhaps because he doesn't have the "leading man" looks that hollyweird wants.

I myself can't see what the big deal is about Keanu Reeves, Owen Wilson or Zac Efron, or Johnny Depp but people seem to go ga ga over them. They have no acting ability to me at all.
And the female versions of them are the same, Jennifer Aniston, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Cameron Diaz,Hilary Duff.
It's a shame that hollyweird thinks because they have what they consider "pretty faces" then that means they can act.
Lurker
0 likes
"Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Aniston win an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series in 2002 and a Golden Globe in 2003?"

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
The honor for worst actress (the envelope please) Roseanne. Taking top honors in the male catagory (drum roll please) Chevy Chase.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
"Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Aniston win an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series in 2002 and a Golden Globe in 2003?"

Have no idea. I thought her tv show sucked.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The thing about the Emmy's AND Oscars is that they are handed out by the actor's/actress's peers, not by the public at large. An actor/actress could be very popular among his/her peers, not have acting ability for crap, been able to deliver,essentially, a once-in-a-lifetime performance and---WHAM---they get an award. On the other hand, a relatively unknown actor/actress, who has talent coming out of his/her ears, consistently delivers believable performances time after time and gets---------nothing!

Of course, the public could demonstrate that it is little better in picking out talent; opting to go with the ones who exhibit the most glitz and glam instead of focusing on substance.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Tagnikzuur
The thing about the Emmy's AND Oscars is that they are handed out by the actor's/actress's peers, not by the public at large. An actor/actress could be very popular among his/her peers, not have acting ability for crap, been able to deliver,essentially, a once-in-a-lifetime performance and---WHAM---they get an award. On the other hand, a relatively unknown actor/actress, who has talent coming out of his/her ears, consistently delivers believable performances time after time and gets---------nothing!

Of course, the public could demonstrate that it is little better in picking out talent; opting to go with the ones who exhibit the most glitz and glam instead of focusing on substance.

I agree.
Lurker
0 likes
Right on, Tag. My point exactly.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
How about Ashton Kutcher? He may have been funny on "That 70s Show" but he, in my opinion, is not a very good big screen actor.
"So don't cry to me.
If you loved me,
You would be here with me.
Don't lie to me,
Just get your things.
I've made up your mind."

--Evanescence
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SensualDesires83
How about Ashton Kutcher? He may have been funny on "That 70s Show" but he, in my opinion, is not a very good big screen actor.

I agree. He's fine until he opens his mouth.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
i cant stand kristen stewart, in twilight she was so awkard, and couldnt act if her life depended on it, her acting wasnt believable at all..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
my most hated actor, Samuel L Jackson

since his shocking performance in Snakes On A Plane I haven't seen another movie with him in it
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
my most hated actor, Samuel L Jackson

since his shocking performance in Snakes On A Plane I haven't seen another movie with him in it
Lurker
0 likes
He cracked me up in Pulp Fiction. I have a sound bite of his from that movie as my start up on my computer.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MerryAnita
Hate Russell Crow. Way too full of himself.

Russel Crow is my fave actor of all time
He's da man! If he cant do it! Clooney can!