Login

Virginity in a girl

last reply
13 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
We seem to be getting a lot of rather solemn research into various sexual matters.

Here is a question for you men.

Does it matter to a man that his bride (BRIDE not a casual partner) has had full physical intimacy with

1 ... another man or

2 ... several men

prior to her marriage to him?

and

3 ... is virginity in general of any relevance in today's society?

What do you men think?
Active Ink Slinger
No to all of the above. I'd prefer her to have had some practice first between the sheets and elsewhere. Nothing worse than an inexperienced clueless fumbler, teenager or otherwise
Active Ink Slinger
There is a trend over here in the US at the moment, whereby increasing numbers of women will not put out prior to marriage. It's a disaster More often than not though, they are happy to give head instead. Not like the real deal though.

I'm not sure it's for religious reasons or just a passing phrase - hopefully the latter.

Personally I wouldn't mind that she's had a number of partners, provided it isn't something like 100+. Not sure where the line is drawn on the actual numbers front I don't buy into the whole "you can teach her" argument at all, as an excuse not to have full intercourse prior to marriage.
Active Ink Slinger
Thanks Toby and Insomniac ... now what about our other male members
(ohmygod did I really type that ???)
(Susan re-reads - yes it's OK I thought for a moment I had written male's members !!)
Lurker
To me it didn't matter. My wife had some issues with it for a time, but eventually she got over it. However...that she wasn't a 'virgin' didn't necessarily make her 'knowledgeable' by any stretch of the imagination.

Virginity really doesn't have relevance today I don't think. In the past, going way back, too much emphasis has been placed on that very thing. So many lives lost, and so many hearts torn due to thoughts of what was 'right' or 'wrong'.

Number of men has no relevance (to me) either...since one man and woman could feasibly have sex several times a day for months, while one woman could feasibly have sex with ten men one time each, making her less experienced, less 'used'...and all that.

What matters is does she love me? That is relevant above all. Like it or not, love is what makes the world go 'round.
Lurker
Good question
Active Ink Slinger
I guess it could be an issue for some, but Hubby had no issue with the fact that I'd been with a few guys before I met him, and I was damned glad of the fact that he'd had quite a few before me, experience counts! We both came to the same conclusion, he/she had others before me, but I'm the one they want to be together forever with, so who cares?!?
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Active Ink Slinger
I hope I get to deflower a virgin someday, but I've never met one before.

I was my ex-fiancee's 10th partner, it did not bother me. I would only want to marry a virgin if I somehow knew she loved sex and couldn't wait to try everything with me.

In order to know virtue, you must first become acquainted with vice.
- Donatien Alphonse Francois de Sade

-------
En vis mann slår aldri en hund i klubben med en stokk, fordi hunden vil vende rundt og biter mannens ballene av.
Active Ink Slinger
I think if they were to educate us women on how we are supposed to enjoy sex and how it is to be done and stop telling us it is wrong then many of us would be more enjoyable. I know that I have had my awakening late in life but it is better to be late than never have any pleasures ever.

Behind every strong soldier there is even a stronger woman who raised him " Proud Army Mom"
Lurker
This is really a serious subject, good thing we are in the pub (General hangout area - enter at your own risk! ) I decided to give a serious answer.

It is none of my business who my wife slept with or didn't sleep with before our marriage. It is not a question I would ask her ever. If she chooses to tell me that is an other story. Even within marriage she has friends who she does things with, none of which is my business, I don't need or want a report. Again, if she wants to share that is her prerogative. Visa Versa.

On the question of virginity. It has never had any influence on any decision I have ever made. There are lots of places where the virgin status of the female is of some import. These are strictly religious or cultural in nature. Some places in the world women are killed for violations of sexual mores, often they are places where virginity is prized by males (the woman as property). I disapprove and have no tolerance for any religious or cultural value that enslaves or denies a woman freedom over her own body and life. Period.
Lurker
In thought, virginity is a nice ideal, even nowadays. But to actually find someone that you love and will cherish because the feeling is present in you for them, and the fact that more likely than not that person is not a virgin is highly likely.

I am glad to have found the one, and would not trade her for the world.zMdhpPdzQnzcu1Je
Lurker
Quote by stars00hollow
In thought, virginity is a nice ideal, even nowadays. But to actually find someone that you love and will cherish because the feeling is present in you for them, and the fact that more likely than not that person is not a virgin is highly likely.

I am glad to have found the one, and would not trade her for the world.SlVkt7vc6J4IRiNB

Lucky you!
Active Ink Slinger
Who cares how many men my bride has been with so long as she loves me? Virginity really means nothing, love everything.
Lurker
No issue whatsoever...although I do admit to getting a little bit nervous if/when a woman tells me: "uhmm, I've never done this before..."

When this happened in high school, it was conquest 'give myself a high-five' city. When it happened to me last year, I was considerably less enthusiastic...especially since we really weren't that serious. Suddenly I felt guilty about the fact that she can only lose it once and we were basically just casually dating and then it got carried away one night. Part of me wishes she'd just kept her mouth shut- it would've mentally gone much more smoothly (chuckles).

Either way though, it has no bearing on who the woman is, or what her worth is.