thoughts are with the people of glasgow

last reply
14 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Mazztastic
0 likes
I used to drink in this pub. Hoping that my friends and everyone else are okay.

Listening to the eyewitness reports on the news, I am so proud of Glasgow tonight. Puts me in mind of the foiled terrorist attempt here some years ago - (be clear that I do NOT think this was a terrorist thing in Glasgow tonight, and it looks as though some heroic piloting may have saved lives)

But, in true Glasgow fashion, a gemme luggage handler at Glasgow airport dragged one of the terrorists from his car and gave him a kicking... He was hailed as a hero and kind of epitomises the place for me...

Billy Connelly pays him a nice wee tribute...

Billy Connelly on terrorist attack in Glasgow

I'm so proud of my city and its inhabitants tonight... smile

Hoping no one has been seriously hurt.
Lurker
0 likes
My thoughts also go out to those injured or worse from this.

Tragedies always bring out the best in people, I hope that it continues.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Shocking news. I hope there is no loss of life and the speed of reaction by the emergency services minimises the injuries and damage.
Candyman
0 likes
Prayers and wishes to all involved.
"I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free." Nikos Kazantzakis

Lurker
0 likes
Oh fucking hell! That's terrible news! My thoughts and prayers for all involved. I was due to go there next week!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Update from Glasgow (04:45) is that people, some injured are trapped inside, and it's non-too-warm either. My heart goes out to the people of Glasgow, and the family and friends of those trapped.
They are a brave and stoic bunch up there, as Mazza will tell ya, they'll make it through i'm sure.
My Dad is a Glaswegian and worked on the Clyde, (now retired) he knows that boozer, and has drunk in there. He's been near the scene from the word go, wanting to help, texting me every 30 minutes with news, he refuses to go home in case any of his pals are inside, sort of sums him up and the city.
Lurker
0 likes
It's at times like this, it does make you proud to be Glaswegian. The way they all band together is really nice. I hope everyone gets out safe, with as few injuries as possible.

The sad thing is that I've always wanted to go to that pub. Seen it on my travels and it just seems like a nice cosy place. It's a real shame that it came down the way it has, not just for the building's sake, but for the sake of those trapped, too.
Lurker
0 likes
Bloody hell, that's terrible news, my thoughts are with all involved. I was in Glasgow 2 weeks ago and passed the pub a couple of times...
Lurker
0 likes
My prayers are with those involved - the injured, the families of those who have died, and the wonderful Emergency Service teams.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mazza
I used to drink in this pub. Hoping that my friends and everyone else are okay.

Listening to the eyewitness reports on the news, I am so proud of Glasgow tonight. Puts me in mind of the foiled terrorist attempt here some years ago - (be clear that I do NOT think this was a terrorist thing in Glasgow tonight, and it looks as though some heroic piloting may have saved lives)

But, in true Glasgow fashion, a gemme luggage handler at Glasgow airport dragged one of the terrorists from his car and gave him a kicking... He was hailed as a hero and kind of epitomises the place for me...

Billy Connelly pays him a nice wee tribute...

[url=]Billy Connelly on terrorist attack in Glasgow [/url]

I'm so proud of my city and its inhabitants tonight... smile

Hoping no one has been seriously hurt.
Well said Mazza!, as we now know nine people have been killed and a number injured. I was not surprised to hear of the bravery of Glaswegians what a fantastic effort from ordinary folks.
Lurker
0 likes
My toughts are with the families of the Nine people who are known to have died in this tragic accident. I also leave my thoights with those injured still in hospital especially the three that are critical in Intensive care . I would also like to praise the work of all the emergency crews and the bravery of the general public who helped pull people out on the night .
Lurker
0 likes
Horrible. I give a warm thought and wish for the people of Scotland and Glasgow. I hope no one else loses their life and that the people injured heal speedily. The families are left with a hurt that will last most likely a very long time. Sad.