Story behind your avatar

last reply
623 replies
51.1k views
3 watchers
3 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I ain't ever showing my actual self as my avatar. Current pic of the waving bear is good, so i thought I'd use that.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes

Since the site changed a year ago, I've just used the face part of the card pic I sent in to get verified here.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Looks very similar to the way I do.

0 likes

Do you want the long story or the short story?

0 likes

A dear friend here sent it to me during my first couple weeks on the chat. She is now gone, but i will always appreciate her for giving the bunny "brand" ahah. I feel that my avatar shows my sweet exterior while also my chaos.

Headbanging ape from cold North 🀘
0 likes

Thought I had told it before but maybe in another thread. I have been fond of great apes, especially gorillas, since childhood. King Kong and Planet of the Apes played a role but I also just have a natural fascination for them, I think. The gorilla in my avatar is an Eastern Lowland Gorilla that photographed at Disney's Animal Kingdom when we took our son to Disney in 2010. The rainbow flag was added by a former member and mod here whose name is drawing a blank right now (which bugs me because I quite liked her). It was for Pride month one year and then I just started using it as my base instead of changing it for that one month every year.

Apes can talk dirty, too. Here's my entry in the "Dirty Talk" competition. Read it and let me know what you think. A virgin student gets a special present from his female housemate.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/free-use-friday-or-a-sweet-taste-of-cherrys-pie-3

0 likes

I mean, do I really need an excuse to use an avatar of 2pac?

But honestly, this is one of the coldest photos of him ever and around the time I put it up, I read about his approach to writing which was, "you get stuck on something, move onto something else and come back to the other thing later." Probably why he had so much posthumous music released.

I wanted to adopt that principle and did briefly, but fell into procrastination again this year. Trying to overcome that now and hopefully make myself a very productive writer going forward.

My last published story: Good For Nothing

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

It's a fountain pen. Or it might be an ink pen that looks like a fountain pen, that looks like a quill. Hard to tell in the Etsy pictures, but I'm hoping it is a fountain pen, which is kinda the closest to what I was looking for on the terms of a mystical or magical pen that'd be used by a god[dess] to scribe the stories, creating myths and legends. A rather theme to go with my pen name; Min Kamadeva Babalon.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by M_K_Babalon

It's a fountain pen. Or it might be an ink pen that looks like a fountain pen, that looks like a quill. Hard to tell in the Etsy pictures, but I'm hoping it is a fountain pen, which is kinda the closest to what I was looking for on the terms of a mystical or magical pen that'd be used by a god[dess] to scribe the stories, creating myths and legends. A rather theme to go with my pen name; Min Kamadeva Babalon.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1269660803/qrimoire-custom-fountain-penwedding

It's nice.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Commitment , care, loyalty, respect, discipline, control, fun, class and limitless potential Kinda sums it up

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I was tired of being a handsome middle-aged man.

The Goddess
0 likes

Loving my body

His GODDESS πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹

Every second of every day. πŸ’•πŸ’

Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes

ego sum qui sum, at least once upon a time.

Wouldn't you rather have a nice cup of tea?
1 like

My avatar is a reimagined tarot card: The Hermit. The hermit symbolizes knowledge and wisdom gained from solitude and contemplation. That seems to reflect my personality perfectly. I'm not much of a follower, and god help you if you try to follow me or expect that I'll lead you anywhere you want to get to. I'm more of a wanderer. No particular destination in mind, but always looking around and checking out the scenery, occasionally reporting back to whoever cares to listen (or just muttering to myself). I'm very independent-minded, a bit of a loner, and constantly thinking (at times to the point of inducing anxiety - I'm working on that). Anyway, the Hermit from the traditional Tarot deck was adopted by Led Zeppelin (pictured on the gatefold of their fourth album - the one with Stairway to Heaven on it). While I like Zep, it's not the association I was going for, so I like this updated version better. The artist, Maarten Donders, does work designing album covers and concert flyers for stoner rock groups, which is how I first encountered his art.

Don't believe everything that you read.

Headbanging ape from cold North 🀘
0 likes

Quote by Seeker4

Thought I had told it before but maybe in another thread. I have been fond of great apes, especially gorillas, since childhood. King Kong and Planet of the Apes played a role but I also just have a natural fascination for them, I think. The gorilla in my avatar is an Eastern Lowland Gorilla that photographed at Disney's Animal Kingdom when we took our son to Disney in 2010. The rainbow flag was added by a former member and mod here whose name is drawing a blank right now (which bugs me because I quite liked her). It was for Pride month one year and then I just started using it as my base instead of changing it for that one month every year.

Pride version is gone now since I redid the base gorilla with a new crop of my original photo.

And it was Liz who did the Pride version. Have no idea why I drew a blank on her name that day.

Apes can talk dirty, too. Here's my entry in the "Dirty Talk" competition. Read it and let me know what you think. A virgin student gets a special present from his female housemate.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/free-use-friday-or-a-sweet-taste-of-cherrys-pie-3

childless cat lady
1 like

I like cats.

That's all. 😊

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I used to belong to a travel group called The April Fools, because we always traveled in April. I stole this logo from the Motley Fool website and colored it with Jamaican colors, because we usually traveled there. When I joined this website, I repurposed that logo for an avatar.

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes

I really adore her. She's so much fun and full of energy, just like me!😊 Every time I consider changing it, I receive requests to keep her as she is. So, she remains. I'm a bit hesitant to post a picture of myself.