155 replies
11.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hello Lushies

The 2011 NFL Season Is Upon Us

As the same as the 2010 NFL Season. I have put together a pro football pick 'em league on www.yahoo.com just for the Lush Community. Last year we had 12 in the league and hoping to have more this year. It was fun for all.

The rules are simple all you have to do is go to fantasy pro football pick 'em and sign in at join a league and you are in. All I ask that you use your Lush name here so we all know who you are in the league. If you are interested to have some fun with your other Lush friends here is the information that you will be needing: Group ID# 3384, password: 2011season, League of Lushers is the name.

Now if you are up for another challenge. I have also started new for this year a survival league where you pick 1 game a week. If you are interested in this also, Group ID#1230, password: NFL2011, Survival of Lush is the name.

If you have any questions??? You can come to me here on Lush and I will try to be of help.

Edit:

Pro Football Pick 'em
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

Survival League
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joingroup
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'm in. Got to improve on 3rd place from last year.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm in. Gotta take the title from LadyX.
Lurker
0 likes
Invite Ya Friends
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
No time this year, sorry folks.
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
I would love to join in! (fantasy league)

What were the standings last year (top 5 winners and their wins/losses)?

How does the Survival Game work? and you pick only one game a week? Can you tell us more?

Thanks!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Steelers all the way. Always.

Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Yahtzee

How does the Survival Game work? and you pick only one game a week? Can you tell us more?

Thanks!!

I'll let lone_wolf tell you about the survival game, as I'm new to that.

As for the standings, here they are:

1 Xuani Trinh 134 134-115
2 VanGogh 130 130-119
3 Pixie 127 127-122
4 Jacknife 126 126-123
5 eiotis 3
6 gerryooo 126 126-123
7 Lone Wolf 124 124-125
8 Jebru 119 119-130
9 Peppermint Patty 117 117-132
10 chas 102 102-147
11 heraussiebaby 94 94-155
12 Hollywood3 89 89-160
13 clsw 85 85-151
14 SouthernJim 66 66-183
15 INNOCENTMISERY 25 25-224
16 Remington 14 14-235

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst12606p9_Lushers-League-NFL-Pick-39em.aspx
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Jebru
Quote by Yahtzee

Thanks!!

I'll let lone_wolf tell you about the survival game, as I'm new to that.

As for the standings, here they are:

1 Xuani Trinh 134 134-115
2 VanGogh 130 130-119
3 Pixie 127 127-122
4 Jacknife 126 126-123
5 eiotis 3
6 gerryooo 126 126-123
7 Lone Wolf 124 124-125
8 Jebru 119 119-130
9 Peppermint Patty 117 117-132
10 chas 102 102-147
11 heraussiebaby 94 94-155
12 Hollywood3 89 89-160
13 clsw 85 85-151
14 SouthernJim 66 66-183
15 INNOCENTMISERY 25 25-224
16 Remington 14 14-235

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst12606p9_Lushers-League-NFL-Pick-39em.aspx

Thanks Jebru

Well to let you in on a little secret; I also added the confidential points in the mix this year as well with the standard point spread.

If you're not familiar with the pick'em game here is an example Cleveland -3 at Pittsburgh

Cleveland is the favorite over Pittsburgh by 3 points. Well you win if you pick Pittsburgh and if you pick Cleveland. The Cleveland bunch has to win by 4 for you to win. If Cleveland wins by 3 nobody wins.

Now to the confidence points ya place those next to the most confident game there is that week. Example Cleveland + 15 @ Pittsburgh. If you think this game is the best on your confidence you place a 16 on the game. You continue until you use all the numbers down to one.

Now to the Survival League. You pick one team a week. You win you keep playing. The catch is you can only pick winning team once so if you pick Pittsburgh to win in 1st week you can't pic them for the rest of the year. You have to pick 17 straight different winners for the season.

If I have confused the hell out of ya well I'm not good at teaching
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Jacknife

3rd??? Look again. Jebru brought the totals over
Lurker
0 likes
the Survival Game sounds deadly!!! LOL ..... I am game!

See you all in the pools!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Yahtzee

the Survival Game sounds deadly!!! LOL ..... I am game!

COOL!!!! New Blood

I see ya black widow ... LadyX
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I tried the password you listed, but I get an error message every time. Please spell out the password as it should be copied and pasted into the password box on the page. Thanks.
"Happiness is doing it rotten your own way."Isaac Asimov (1994)
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by standingbear
I tried the password you listed, but I get an error message every time. Please spell out the password as it should be copied and pasted into the password box on the page. Thanks.

The password is correct as shown. You're probably trying to enter it from the Yahoo Fantasy Football page. It has to be from the Pro Football Pick'em page. Same for the other league, it has to be from the Pro Football Survival page. It's a slight pain, but once you realize that, it works in a snap.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by Yahtzee

I'm already there.

C'mon everybody!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
Quote by standingbear

The password is correct as shown. You're probably trying to enter it from the Yahoo Fantasy Football page. It has to be from the Pro Football Pick'em page. Same for the other league, it has to be from the Pro Football Survival page. It's a slight pain, but once you realize that, it works in a snap.

are you a YAHOO!!!!! and as LadyX said, Pro Football Pick 'em and you're in smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I M IN FOR THE RAVENS ALL THE WAY
doing my best to be good..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
OK, I'm in too! The begining of the season, especially the first few games, seems to be the hardest picks. No stats to study.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by tomlando
OK, I'm in too! The begining of the season, especially the first few games, seems to be the hardest picks.

You only staying a couple of week?

After the first couple of weeks you will be ready to get serious and win the golden piggy or the lavish flusher in the pick 'em league. Also the more we have the less likely Ms LadyX aka Black Widow of Pick 'em Football has of repeating.

Love Ya X
Lurker
0 likes
IM IN....

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Lone_Wolf
Quote by tomlando
OK, I'm in too! The begining of the season, especially the first few games, seems to be the hardest picks.

You only staying a couple of week?

After the first couple of weeks you will be ready to get serious and win the golden piggy or the lavish flusher in the pick 'em league. Also the more we have the less likely Ms LadyX aka Black Widow of Pick 'em Football has of repeating.

Love Ya X

haha, Nooo, I'm in it for the long haul. I'm just saying the first few games may be more differcult to pick because of team changes and the lack of stats. But, come to think of it, there are always upsets throughout the year. Looking forward to the big ego's and 'smak talk' throughout the season. :-) Good luck los...I mean, my good friends! haha
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Lone_Wolf
Quote by LadyX
Quote by standingbear

are you a YAHOO!!!!! and as LadyX said, Pro Football Pick 'em and you're in smile

Yes. Yes I am a Yahoo. Funny you should ask.
"Happiness is doing it rotten your own way."Isaac Asimov (1994)
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Lone_Wolf
Quote by Jacknife

3rd??? Look again. Jebru brought the totals over

I noticed that. Yet I have a third place trophy from last year for some reason. Might have something to do with play-offs
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ok Wolfie I joined but if you think i am picking for the whole season before they have even come out of camp your are friggin crazy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Philadelphia Eagles ( The Dream Team )
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Red_Dragon
Ok Wolfie I joined but if you think i am picking for the whole season before they have even come out of camp your are friggin crazy

I am crazy Not nutz Now in the Survival League I may do the whole season before the start.

If you pick teams before the point spread is locked-in. You have a time machine that you are not telling any one about.

Pie Eagles are good. We'll see come February
Lurker
0 likes
I don't care how I do on this, as long as I beat SouthernJim *My dom* than I will be happy. beating Lone_Wolf *Jon* would be fun too. heart
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by AlwaysHisAngel
I don't care how I do on this, as long as I beat SouthernJim *My dom* than I will be happy. beating Lone_Wolf *Jon* would be fun too. heart

Hello My Lil Freckles

We are all here to have fun and see what happens by years end. Also to let you know there are weekly prizes of the golden piggy and the lustful flusher.

For me I'm hoping to do better than my 124-125 record of last year. We all are trying to dethrone the Queen.

Honi Bring On Ya New England Bad~Ass Self.fIkDjrhvdN5IOmNk
Lurker
0 likes
Maybe A Little Taste of Steelers Football

Do bad feelings about Goodell motivate Steelers?

By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports
Aug 7, 8:01 pm EDT

LATROBE, Pa. – Great athletes are often driven by adversaries. Arnold Palmer had Jack Nicklaus. Bill Russell had Wilt Chamberlain. Larry Bird had Magic Johnson.

Right now, the Pittsburgh Steelers have … NFL commissioner Roger Goodell?

In the aftermath of the four-game suspension quarterback Ben Roethlisberger(notes) suffered before last season and the $100,000 in fines linebacker James Harrison(notes) endured during the season (not to mention a new team fine system for illegal hits adopted this offseason that seems aimed at the Steelers), there is suspicion that Goodell is against the Steelers.

Ryan Clark believes commissioner Roger Goodell is biased against the Steelers.

Actually, it’s beyond suspicion. It’s a belief up in these parts of Western Pennsylvania.

“He is,” Steelers safety Ryan Clark(notes) said, straight-faced, serious and without the slightest sense of doubt. The team was so adamant in this belief that it was the only one to vote against ratifying the new collective bargaining agreement as Steelers players symbolically voiced their displeasure over Goodell maintaining control over the personal conduct policy.

But with the season now set to start in just about a month and the Steelers trying to get back to the Super Bowl for the third time in four seasons and fourth time since 2005, the question for the Steelers is whether putting figurative pictures of Goodell up on the locker room dartboard is productive or a distraction.

“Frankly, I think that’s a media-generated issue more than something our players really talk about,” Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin said Saturday evening, as his players went through a spirited short-yardage session at the end of practice. “It’s my job to keep the pulse of our team and I don’t think that’s really an issue.”

Perhaps, but between Clark’s assessment, Harrison’s comments about Goodell in Men’s Journal (for which he has apologized) and the CBA vote, the Steelers don’t seem to be backing off on Goodell.

That could end up being a good thing. Again, an adversary can drive someone to greater heights of performance.

“I’ve always preferred guys who are self-starters, but this is football,” said Pittsburgh defensive coordinator and Hall of Famer Dick LeBeau, who has spent more than 50 years playing and coaching in the NFL. “Guys tend to play a little harder when they’re angry. It’s a violent sport, after all.”

LeBeau shows the slightest of grins before saying, “Coaches are more than happy to point out when somebody from the other side says or does something that can be interpreted the wrong way, to get your guys a little riled up. It’s a coach’s version of poetic license.”

Harrison doesn’t smile very much and just bringing up Goodell’s name requires delicacy.

“I don’t need anybody to be my adversary, to get me motivated to be a better player,” Harrison said. Despite getting the day off from practice, Harrison had the look of a guy who had just chewed on a toothpick made of rebar. “I’m motivated every year to become a better player and prove people wrong. All those people who say you’re getting too old and you can’t keep doing it. I want to prove them wrong another year. They’re always going to be right at some point, but the longer you can prove them wrong …”

You hesitate to point out to Harrison that the doubters are actually the very adversaries he doesn’t think he needs. But this is like Bluto ranting about Germans and Pearl Harbor in “Animal House.” The vital difference is that Harrison is no joke, so you just take the quote, wish Harrison well and move along.

That’s when you spot safety Troy Polamalu(notes). Despite his Head & Shoulders commercial stare-down of Joe Mauer, Polamalu is perhaps the nicest, most polite and thoughtful man in the NFL.

“A lot of times, it’s what drives an athlete,” Polamalu said. “Whether your adversary is someone at the same position or somebody across the ball or whoever it may be from across all sports, that person can serve as a reminder of what you need to do to push yourself. For me, I’ve always felt that my greatest adversary was within myself, the person pushing me to work the hardest, even if it meant death.

“It’s more of an ego-driven situation. By ego, I mean your own ego driving you to be the best you can, your pride driving yourself.”

So can Goodell fit within the parameters of that adversary role?

Polamalu didn’t seem too sure about that.

Linebacker LaMarr Woodley(notes) didn’t think so at all.

“The commissioner doesn’t bother me, he’s never fined me,” Woodley said. “Now, if I was getting fined $100,000, I’d probably have a different opinion on that, but I’m not in that situation. … When I’m out there playing ball, it doesn’t take anyone to get me fired up. I don’t need some adversary to drive me to play hard because if you’re not fired up when you’re out there, somebody is going to knock you out.

“If you’re out there thinking about Roger Goodell, you’re not thinking about the right things. You’re not thinking about the game. You ain’t focused on the game the right way.”