It was before my time, BUT

last reply
179 replies
7.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
51 years ago today, in a nondescript bar owned by the Mafia, the Stonewall Riots began.
Energizer
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
559 years ago today Edward IV was crowned king of England.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
182 years ago today Victoria was crowned queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. God Save the Queen!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
One year ago today I had the hiccups. ...oh wait, that wasn't before my time, was it?
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by Beffer
One year ago today I had the hiccups. ...oh wait, that wasn't before my time, was it?

If it is then you're breaking Lush rules.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Beffer

sorry, but Lush doesn't allow fetus's to join. Please return in 18 years. thank you.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
174 years ago Adolphe Sax patented the saxophone.
Butterfly
0 likes
162 years ago, first virtually complete dinosaur skeleton discovered in North America was unearthed by William Parker Foulke in Haddonfield, New Jersey in 1858.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
78 years ago today, my Auntie, Cherylanne Bonebreaker, of the House Kernacken, First of Her Name, Toyer of Men, Taunter of Women, Slut of the County Drexel, Queen of the Pure Prairie, and Bearer of Daughters was hurled from her own mother's womb.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by Bread8
51 years ago today, in a nondescript bar owned by the Mafia, the Stonewall Riots began.

For those more interested in the Stonewall riots... Stuff You Missed in History Class did a great episode on it. How the Stonewall Riots Worked
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
78 years ago today, my Auntie, Cherylanne Bonebreaker, of the House Kernacken, First of Her Name, Toyer of Men, Taunter of Women, Slut of the County Drexel, Queen of the Pure Prairie, and Bearer of Daughters was hurled from her own mother's womb.

And I thought this was going to end with "changer of her newborn nephew Jeff's diaper".
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by Ironic
On this day 46 years ago, the Soviet dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov defected from the U.S.S.R.

I loved him in White Nights.

Mana wahine
0 likes
1978: Beatrice Tinsley became the first female to be appointed as Prof of astronomy at Yale.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
On this day 104 years ago, 20,000 British soldiers were killed and 40,000 wounded on the first day of the Battle of the Somme.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In 1928, 92 years ago, the first television broadcasting station in the US, W3XK, went on the air.
Energizer
0 likes
Quote by Tantaleyes
112 years ago today, Thurgood Marshall, the first African-American justice of the Supreme Court, was born

Thurgood Marshall (July 2, 1908 – January 24, 1993) was an American lawyer and civil rights activist who served as Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States from October 1967 until October 1991. Marshall was the Court's first African-American justice. Prior to his judicial service, he successfully argued several cases before the Supreme Court, including Brown v. Board of Education.

Born in Baltimore, Maryland, Marshall graduated from the Howard University School of Law in 1933. He established a private legal practice in Baltimore before founding the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, where he served as executive director. In that position, he argued several cases before the Supreme Court, including Smith v. Allwright, Shelley v. Kraemer, and Brown v. Board of Education, the latter of which held that racial segregation in public education is a violation of the Equal Protection Clause.

In 1961, President John F. Kennedy appointed Marshall to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. Four years later, President Lyndon B. Johnson appointed Marshall as the United States Solicitor General. In 1967, Johnson successfully nominated Marshall to succeed retiring Associate Justice Tom C. Clark. Marshall retired during the administration of President George H. W. Bush.
Mana wahine
0 likes
3rd July 1963, DC-3 crashes into the Kaimai Ranges. (NZ)
Head Penguin
0 likes
Food rationing ended on this day in 1954. My Gran still says they should bring back powdered eggs.

D x

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
194 years ago, 2 former presidents, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams died on July 4, 1826.
Energizer
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
168 years ago, Frederick Douglas delivered a speech that is now named "What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July?"
Energizer
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
74 years ago, the bikini made a big splash in the swimsuit market.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
51 years ago, U.S. troops begin their withdrawal from South Vietnam.
0 likes
This was definitely not before my time, but I'm gonna mention it anyway:

25 years ago today on 11 July 1995, during the Bosnian War, the Srebrenica genocide started which resulted in the killing of 8000 Bosniaks, mainly Muslim men and boys, by the Bosnian Serb Army under the command of Ratko Mladić.
The UN, with a Dutch battalion stationed in Srebrenica, failed to protect the population. The genocide lasted 11 days.

It is said to be the biggest massacre on European soil since WWII. Until this day bodies are being identified and then buried during the memorial on 11 July. Today nine new bodies were buried.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srebrenica_massacre

Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Quote by noll
This was definitely not before my time, but I'm gonna mention it anyway:

25 years ago today on 11 July 1995, during the Bosnian War, the Srebrenica genocide started which resulted in the killing of 8000 Bosniaks, mainly Muslim men and boys, by the Bosnian Serb Army under the command of Ratko Mladić.
The UN, with a Dutch battalion stationed in Srebrenica, failed to protect the population. The genocide lasted 11 days.

It is said to be the biggest massacre on European soil since WWII. Until this day bodies are being identified and then buried during the memorial on 11 July. Today nine new bodies were buried.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srebrenica_massacre

That was a sad and brutal episode, shocking that it could happen there, and in this era. We could start a separate thread for all the times the UN has failed to meet its stated objectives - or worse.
0 likes
414 years ago painter Rembrandt van Rijn was born in Leiden, the Netherlands (then the Republic of the Seven United Netherlands).

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
222 years ago, the infamous Alien and Sedition Acts became federal law in America, courtesy of the Federalists.
Lurker
0 likes
40 years ago, the Black Entertainment Television network began televising with the Slogan "Yes to Black".....can you just imagine if there were a ...........