I'm going to be filthy rich

last reply
14 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I just received a letter from a kind soul in Portugal telling me that some distant relative and his family were wiped out in the 2004 Tsunami and left behind $US10.5 million. All I have to do is contact this guy and he'll arrange for the transfer of these funds into my bank account. Gee with that type of money I can quit my job, buy a huge mansion with lots of semi-naked maids, buy the biggest yacht available, travel around the world, the list just goes on. I could hold a party for all my Lush friends, at my expense, on my new yacht after picking you all up in my new Lear jet. Wouldn't that be just great! Who wants to come?

Boy I can't believe they are still trying these old scams but it must mean there are idiots out there that fall into the trap. Has something like this happened to you before? I have received e-mails before but this was the first mailed one to me and as stated it came from Portugal.
"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, I just report them.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Lurker
0 likes
A lot of mine come from Nigeria. They just need my bank account number to deposit my funds....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My spam filter catches them now. So I guess I'm going to be poor the rest of my life.
Well that's just my opinion, sorry if you don't like.

BigDaddyRich
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by BigDaddyRich
My spam filter catches them now. So I guess I'm going to be poor the rest of my life.

LOL. So does mine BDR but, sometimes they sneak through for a laugh.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Good one folks.

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
according to the spam I get my penis is too small. and i could get pills from Nigeria to help.
Thousands of user submitted stories removed from the site. You are nothing without your users or their freely submitted stories.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
A lot of mine come from Nigeria. They just need my bank account number to deposit my funds....

Yeah usually get them from there myself. Nice to have a good laugh first thing in the morning.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I actually got an email that said it was from a friend from a long time ago. She was stranded in another country and wanted to come home and needed my help immediately please send my info so they can repay me.

HAHA i just laughed and said sorry, I havent heard from you in 15 years? You will be stranded for the rest of your life if you think I can help you.

Some people go to all lenghts to get your attention.
Get on Get in Enjoy the ride
Lurker
0 likes
Here's the one from today. Makes me laugh.

Dear Beneficiary ,

From the records of outstanding foreign payments due for release with bank in London and Africa, your name and contact was discovered as next on the list of the outstanding foreigners' payment which are still hanging on and who have not yet received their payments.
I wish to inform you today that your payment is being processed and will be released to you as soon as you reconfirm your details to us so that we can authenticate the claim legally.

Also note that from our record the London Auditors has mapped out the sum of US$5,500,000.00 (Five Million and Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) to be release to you for now as your part-payment, after which the remaining part of your claims will be released to you.

Kindly re-confirm to us the followings:
1) Your Full name.
2) Home Address
3) Phone,
4) Fax.
5) Occupation & Age.

In receipt of the above information, your payment will be approved and paid to you by telegraphic wire transfer (T/T) to your designated bank account; you are advice to get back to me immediately you receive this mail for immediate payment release.

Note: Your payment is schedule to hold within 72 hours immediately you get back to me with the above mention requirement and call me . You can contact me on any of the stated above number or E-mail Me, expecting your immediate response.

We look forward to hearing from you to enable us serve you better .

For and on Behalf of,
Alpha Bank Ltd, London .

Yours faithfully,
Evan Achilleos .
Head, Financial Controller Manager .
+ Alpha Bank Ltd, London.
+ Private Banking Department,
64 Brook Street, London W1K 5DX
( Direct Tel .
( Ext 202 .
( Direct Fax .
Alpha Bank London is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registered in England number 185070 whose registered office is 64 Brook Street London W1K 5DX. With faith, loyalty and vision, Alpha Bank preserved the principles and values that have governed its operation since its establishment. Our primary aim is credibility, reliability and efficiency in banking services. Our everyday concern? Constant qualitative and quantitative improvement of our products and services, modern and responsible treatment of all the banking needs of our clients.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
It's no wonder Nigeria is so full of poverty stricken people is it? They are sending all their money to us.
If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Check this out from the FBI but check the area code it's for Washington state
ANTI-TERRORIST AND MONITARY CRIMES DIVISION
FBI HEADQUARTERS IN RUSIAN FEDERATION
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
J. EDGAR HOOVER BUILDING
935 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE, NW WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535-0001
Email :
Telephone:

ATTENTION FUND BENEFICIARY,

THIS IS AN OFFICIAL ADVICE FROM THE FBI FOREIGN REMITTANCE/TELEGRAPHIC DEPT., IT HAS COME TO OUR NOTICE THAT THE C.B.N (CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA) HAS RELEASED The paper work of 100,500,000.00 U.S DOLLARS INTO BANK OF AMERICA which was been handled by UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA. and your name was included as the BENEFICIARY,BY INHERITANCE MEANS.

It comes to our notice after several meetings with the UNITED NATION (U.N) over Internet Fraud which have been going on around the globe recently and rendering innocent individual homeless and bankrupt, therefore we have made connections with every NATIONAL GOVERNMENT and we have been successful so far by getting most of the funds released and we are transferring it into the rightful beneficiary accounts..

Therefore you have to report back to us through email so that we can confirm the paper work of your fund that the bank sent down and process the investigation so that the transfer can be deposited into your designated bank account and you can finally get your inherited fund that was denied of you by some unscrupulous element de-frauding you and taking your hard earned money.We will advice that you do not make contact with any individual, firm and company who claims you have won a lottery or you have some fund somewhere because they are all frauds and lies.

Immediately we recieve your response, we will direct you to the bank where your fund is and you will make contact with them and your fund will be transferred into your designated bank account through thier ONLINE BANKING SYSTEM (OBS) within 72hrs immediately your form are submitted.You are to note that this should be keep profoundly secret so as to avoid loss of funds by any means.

MRS. MARY E GALLIGAN
FBI FOREIGN REMITTANCE/TELEGRAPHIC DEPT

Lurker
0 likes
Another sure fire give away is how they say things. Either spelling wrong or the syntax gives it away for me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It still amazes me that anyone falls for it. People must see dollar signs flashing before their eyes and forget to put their brains into gear.