Login

I want to wish...

last reply
8 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
everyone here on lush a happy early thanksgiving. smile It's that time of the year where we break our diets for some good food. :) Enjoy all.
Just let it go.
Lurker
May our American friends and family have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!!

And don't forget to make some real cranberry sauce!!

Cranberry Sauce

1 cup of port/sherry/brandy
1/3 cup of sugar
2 cups of fresh cranberries, washed
a bit of lemon rind
about 1/2 cup of water

Toss it all into a pot on medium heat until it starts to bubble. Turn down to low and simmer and STIR OFTEN until the cranberries burst and the liquid is thickened (about 25 mins or so).

(you can reverse the alcohol and water amounts for a less boozy taste)

Enjoy with your Turkey Bird!
The Linebacker
Have a Fantastic Thanksgiving to everyone, my fellow Americans and my friends from all other places* too! (*that especially includes my Lush friend from Australia, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, South Africa, etc.)

I plan to eat lots of turkey & dressing, biscuits with gravy, grilled corn on the cobb (or white cream corn), broccoli casserole, field peas, green beans, honey baked ham, sweet cole slaw, apple crumb pie, German chocolate cake and whatever else I can stuff into myself. (Also hoping for some coconut cake and would really love to have a banana pudding hot and fresh out of the oven.) And then I will vegetate in a recliner or sofa and watch football on television. I want to watch the Detroit Lions led by quarterback Matthews Stafford (a Georgia Bulldog great) kick the Green Bay Packers' asses! So go Lions and kick some ass!

Active Ink Slinger
I would also like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Just like Buz said. To all lush friends everywhere.
For all that have any traveling to visit family and friends. Be Safe. I'm one of the guys who has quite a lot
of traveling to do.
Active Ink Slinger
Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!

I think my brother and I and some friends are pitching in and everyone bring some food over. We will grill some hamburgers and drink beer and watch football on TV. It's all people like me that we don't really have a family or what family we got don't invite us over. And who'd want to go see those assholes anyhow? Who needs them?
My first story for Lush is posted, The Goodbye Fuck.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/the-goodbye-fuck.aspx
I would like to wish all my Lush friends a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Yes, I know it is an American holiday, but sharing a feast with good friends is International.

In one month here I have made more friends than if i shared a bottle of aged Scotch in a dark alley; though with the Scotch they may not remember the next morning.
So in that spirit (of the morning after) I share a recipe for Hazelnut Coffee Syrup >

Hazelnut Syrup Recipe (suitable for coffee)
1/2 cup of Finely Chopped Hazelnuts
2 tbsp of Butter
3/4 cup of Syrup (preferably maple)

Making the Hazelnut Syrup: Melt the butter in a frying pan and toss the hazelnuts in. Cook them until they turn light brown. Add the syrup and heat thoroughly. (Do not boil.) For a stronger favor, add 3/4 cup of finely chopped hazelnuts.
While the syrup is still warm, place a metal strainer over a bowl and pour the syrup into the strainer to seperate the hazlenuts from the syrup. Store the syrup in an air-tight container, preferrably a glass bottle with a twist cap. This syrup will last for up to 4 months.
Lurker
I want to wish all my friends a great new year filled with joy and happiness along with good health to them and the families
Active Ink Slinger
I want to wish all of my Friends to find Love happiness, and good health in 2012.