Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

How much is too much when it comes to your profile?

last reply
13 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
I've perused many profiles here on Lush and I've often wondered why people share what they share. Some reveal everything while others leave a little to be desired. I understand that discretion is important. And I understand not wanting anyone to know who you are. I'm speaking in terms of the kind of person you are.

Is less really more?

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
It is if they want to be private on here. Sometimes Lush is a persons Dirty Little Secret.
Can you imagine a senator telling who is he and where he works along with a picture of him in a dog collar drinking out of a dog dish? Don't think that would fly.
Or the pastor of the church down the street?
How about the school teacher from the high school?
We've had lawyers, doctors and a whole range of people here that have flown under the radar because of their professions or small towns or just cause they like to "become" someone else for awhile.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You should reveal whatever you feel comfortable revealing. But not telling anythig about yourself is a sure way to get ignored. You dont have to tell much but its nice to see a little something about what you like and dislike so we can see if we have any common ground to talk about.

And you dont have to do it all at once. You can edit your profile over time, either adding things or taking some away.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
It is if they want to be private on here. Sometimes Lush is a persons Dirty Little Secret.
Can you imagine a senator telling who is he and where he works along with a picture of him in a dog collar drinking out of a dog dish? Don't think that would fly.
Or the pastor of the church down the street?
How about the school teacher from the high school?
We've had lawyers, doctors and a whole range of people here that have flown under the radar because of their professions or small towns or just cause they like to "become" someone else for awhile.

I understand in not revealing literally WHO you are. I meant in terms of revealing some insight to the kind of person you are.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
I go back and forth with my bio and such. I've come to realize I shouldn't reveal so much information about myself because like everyone else here,
I'm a complete stranger to them and they are to me (besides the one's I've had the opportunity to know more about). You never know what people
are capable of. Sometimes if you let someone know too much, they take that information and run with it, which is not so pretty. In the end it is all
up to what You want to share as an individual. I decide not to share so much to random profiles, and show more to my friends' that I actually get
to know.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The ones using fake pics drive me nuts. What the hell is the point? I can pick out adult content pics a mile off and so many women here use them, you can do a reverse pic look up so easy, these women are pathetic. For them to accept all these compliments about pics they bought online, these broads have serious issues.......Please, I get the privacy issue, the avatar I use isn't my lips, nor do I claim them to be. Use a generic avatar like that rather than buy pics and say they are you on a site like this. So fake pics is too much on a profile as far as I'm concerned.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012

I understand in not revealing literally WHO you are. I meant in terms of revealing some insight to the kind of person you are.

NightFox and Nikki have the right idea. Do what you're comfortable with at the moment until you get to know a few people. For instance, you can say what music, books, authors etc. without that being too personal. As people get to know you, you can reveal a little more each time you log on. You can change it to add more or take things out as many times as you wish. Do you like the outdoors, riding bicycles, beaches or mountains? That's fairly generic and a safe subject to start with too.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SensualSharon
The ones using fake pics drive me nuts. What the hell is the point? I can pick out adult content pics a mile off and so many women here use them, you can do a reverse pic look up so easy, these women are pathetic. For them to accept all these compliments about pics they bought online, these broads have serious issues.......Please, I get the privacy issue, the avatar I use isn't my lips, nor do I claim them to be. Use a generic avatar like that rather than buy pics and say they are you on a site like this. So fake pics is too much on a profile as far as I'm concerned.

I know! I hate that as well!
0 likes
Quote by SensualSharon

Sharon, fake pics are not limited to the women. Guys routinely post obviously fake pics of their privates, made worse by complements from the gals.

The fakes are always all too obvious!!
Either say they are not your photos or don't use them...
Lurker
0 likes
I think your avatar should reflect you and your age.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by SensualSharon

Seriously? People actually buy the rights to a picture so they can say it's them? I wish I had the money for that, I'd have a different look for every day! But actually, inside, I think it would hurt, to know that the compliments are about some random woman who got paid to get her bits out, because I didn't think mine were good enough to show, or I just wasn't brave enough to let it all hang out.

Freud would have loved Lush.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think people are different on why they only share some, and others share a lot. Some are more open about their lives, while others are very more secrative (maybe hiding it from family and work colleagues who may come across their account somehow).

Me personally, I share enough to make people a little curious but not enough to allow anyone into my life online quickly. A lot of that is due to being very open over the years in past to 'so-called friends' who went on to turn on me after discovering maybe how I looked, my disability, or more about my life, and going through that pain of being damaged by people you thought you trusted. Learning to regain that trust is a difficult, slow path once you've been burned.

It is difficult to judge some people though when they offer very little to go on from their profile and I guess for a lot it's trial and error with people.
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Every thing I share in my profile is true. What I don't want people to know, or at least not until I know them better, I just do not put out there. Personal details such as name, exact location, age are rally not relevant, and in many cases, make people prejudge you. Other details such as your interests, hobbies, and other similar details provide others with a starting point to talk to you. I don't understand why people are reluctant to share at least those details, yet expect people to converse with them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When it came to putting a bio in my profile, I knew exactly what I wanted to put. I put enough there to let people know who I am what what I was, without delving too much information. It tells the person reading it exactly who I am and where I stand without being offending to anyone. Most people understand where I am coming from and respect that.
"So don't cry to me.
If you loved me,
You would be here with me.
Don't lie to me,
Just get your things.
I've made up your mind."

--Evanescence