8 votes remaining
Do nothing (0 votes) 0%
Hope she'll finish with you first (4 votes) 50%
Be honest and end it with her (11 votes) 138%
Have an affair (1 vote) 13%
Other (2 votes) 25%
Lurker
0 likes
How do you end a relationship with a woman.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Be honest and end it with her.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The correct answer would be to "Be honest and end it with her".

Unfortunately, in real life (as a much younger man), I was always too chicken-shit to want to face the music - probably afraid of her making a scene or whatever. Therefore I tended to manuoevre the relationship towards one where it would begin to whither on the vine so to speak, resulting in the inevitable confrontational speech where she would 'demand' to know if there was any point in carrying on the relationship and thereby providing my lily-livered soul the 'out' I was looking for. Gave me the false impression the break-up was mutual.

Terrible really, with hind-sight.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Lurker
0 likes
The best thing to do is be honest and end it. In my experience its been, be a total wanker, get her to break up with me so I dont seem like the bad guy.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by MMonroe
The best thing to do is be honest and end it. In my experience its been, be a total wanker, get her to break up with me so I dont seem like the bad guy.

Wow, we must be dating the same guys...
Lurker
0 likes
Hell if I know. Never broken up with a woman. Life would be simpler if I could do it. I see the door everyday, but don't know how to leave. It looks nice outside too. Sigh.
Lurker
0 likes
We ended it together, agreeing on the terms. And we are far, FAR happier now, because of it.
Lurker
0 likes
End it as friends. just be honest
Lurker
0 likes
Let her know why it's over and be truthful. There is nothing worse than thinking it out and replaying everything over in your head wondering what you did wrong, so give her the curtsey and be upfront and honest. Break ups are never easy.
Lurker
0 likes

Honesty is the preferred and best policy ... unless you are playing Survivor or poker ~ regardless YOU will still know the truth.

Van
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just be honest and straight forward. We might hate u for it now but will get over it LOL.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Being straight-up is usually best but I have been known to walk on the crazier side when it comes to picking ladies and in one past case she was so unstable all I had to do was wait for the next time she tried to break it up.

Edit: I knew a guy who had a pretty bad story with a former wife. They were poor, fighting about who knows what and for revenge the wife burned his old collection of trading cards while he was out THAT VERY DAY busily getting them appraised and offered thirty thousand dollars for. That's a pretty big coffin nail in a marriage.
Lurker
0 likes
With true and honest word and do it fast....faster to heel for both parties
Lurker
0 likes
Be honest and end it with her....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
just say its over, no more arguments, no drama! silly
Lurker
0 likes
Honesty... as hard as it may seem.. it's like a credit card bill.. the cost gets higher the longer you ignore it. Try to be sensitive where you can.. but don't insult her with the 'no baby it's not you it's me' or 'You'll be better off' shit.. that's just insult to injury.