Login

Hey UK!

last reply
18 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
I would ask DBarclay but he's like a cop. Never around when you want him.

Is there a dish in England called Pea Salad? Here at the grocery/food store called Publix they have something called English Pea Salad. Is there such a thing?
It had green peas, red onions, hard cooked eggs and chunks of yellow cheese. (cheddar I assume). I think the sauce was a basic mayo.
Matriarch
Quote by chefkathleen
I would ask DBarclay but he's like a cop. Never around when you want him.

Is there a dish in England called Pea Salad? Here at the grocery/food store called Publix they have something called English Pea Salad. Is there such a thing?
It had green peas, red onions, hard cooked eggs and chunks of yellow cheese. (cheddar I assume). I think the sauce was a basic mayo.

I've never heard of it in the 26 years I lived there.

There seem to be a fair few recipes for something along the same lines though: http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,pea_salad,FF.html
Lurker
Maybe they call it that because the peas are supposed to be English peas. Is there a difference between green peas and English peas?
Matriarch
What is this, lushcooking.com?

Generally in England, peas are the little green things coming out of a pod. Most people have no idea about all the other varieties - chick peas, split peas etc. In fact if you actually showed people a pod, without opening it up, a lot of people would have no idea what was inside. They normally get them out of the frozen food section in a bag.

I was lucky, when I was growing up we had a massive veggie patch, and grew loads of different vegetables. Fresh out of the garden veggies taste so much better.
Active Ink Slinger
LOL
Carpe Diem

Red out
Lurker
What is this, lushcooking.com?

Of course it is. I thought you knew that I hold cooking classes in the nude every Tuesday and Thursday.
Lurker
Where does the line form.
Active Ink Slinger
Well shit i'm in
Carpe Diem

Red out
Lurker
That could get to be painful if you're not careful...

Ling
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by Ling-Li
That could get to be painful if you're not careful...

Ling

Nope, never heard of it either. Think they made it up, but maybe it'll catch on ...

*The Dark Room*

How do you talk to an Angel available from Amazon.
Lurker
Alright Red and Shame. $250.00 a piece unless you cum together then it's $425.00. Tonight we'll be learning the art of fruit. Where to stick it and how to make it your own creation. See you both at 7:00 sharp. LOL
Oh and Shame? Don't forget your bath robe this time for the after shower. You scared the cat the last time. She's not right yet. Keeps rubbing her eyes and shaking her head.
Active Ink Slinger
You gotta love the forum. Where else can we go from a query about English pea salad (which I've never heard of as a Brit) to bordello talk in less than one page?

Kudos to you Chef for handling your admirers so well. Got room for one more? Any discount for groups?
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Lurker
I have never heard of pea salad. I think chick peas would be much nicer in my opinion. Egg salad yes with all the things you said but not with cold peas in ewwwwww.
Lurker
I did find a recipe that had the small baby peas, and it said tinned baby small peas. They are sweeter.
Lurker
Discounts for nude chef school? Why not? So far we have two in fruit. What's your pleasure sir? I'm running a special on gingerbread men if that tickles your fancy. $200.00 and you'll be biting the head off a GBM in no time.
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by chefkathleen
Discounts for nude chef school? Why not? So far we have two in fruit. What's your pleasure sir? I'm running a special on gingerbread men if that tickles your fancy. $200.00 and you'll be biting the head off a GBM in no time.

Okay Chef, sounds good. However, my priority, given the looming holiday season, would be for a practical demonstration of how best to stuff a bird over the kitchen counter. Any tips? Do you prefer stuffing with the bird on its back or front? Should I tie her, er.. I mean its legs? LOL
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Lollipop Girl
lol can i take notes?
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Lurker
Ok. I'll have you struttin in no time. And yes SBSCG you can take notes.

Lollipop Girl
OMG LMAO im still laughing
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy