last reply
14 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hey guys,

I didn't know where to go for this and it's a little strange for this site. I had no idea where else to go and you guys are always so very nice and helpful.

Basically not too long ago I got jumped by 3 people, they broke my nose bruised my face, dislocated jaw etc and well I just can't get it out of my head. It's awful I always feel unsafe in places I used to feel perfectly safe in and I bothers my sleep sometimes.
Any advice?

Sorry if this is abit of a dark or full topic I just needed you guys advice.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Is there in person counseling available to you? Talking to someone face to face about it would probably help. And, I might suggest a self-defense class, at the very least for peace of mind.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I have not looked to see if any counselling is available but the self defence class sounds like a good idea if I can find one.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Crossdresserboy2
I have not looked to see if any counselling is available but the self defence class sounds like a good idea if I can find one.

I suggest you think seriously about some counselling given this is affecting your sleep etc.. The emotional baggage that would come with being jumped by 3 people, getting a broken nose and a dislocated jaw is something that I would need help with personally. Self defense classes might take care of future assaults but will it really make you feel any safer, and would it still be enough to fend off 3 adults? I'm not suggesting counselling will enable you to fend off 3 adults, but it may help you sort out the fear you feel when you're out.
Mazztastic
0 likes
I'm sorry this happened to you.

I think the suggestion of counselling is an excellent one, but you might also want to consider something like Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), which can help you to let go of the emotional attachment to what's happened and free you to move on. It's a technique which has been used to great effect in the treatment of PTSD.

If you like, you can pm me and I can put you in touch with someone in your area.

Best of luck to you x
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had a similar experience when attacked by a neighbour as I put the key in my front door one Christmas Eve. Even though I now live in a different country every time I put the key in the lock I remember it. I have learned to just push the thought away when it gets so triggered, My advice would be that it will get less and each time you have the memory consciously push it away eventually it will get less painful and can be pushed away faster but unfortunately it may still happen albeit less sharply.
Lurker
0 likes
That's called PTSD and there IS treatment for it. It might involve drugs and/or seeing a therapist (sometimes one is effective sometimes both are required.)
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
so that you know, all of these (except "moving") are great suggestions. just be aware that it takes time. it's not something that you'll just find a cure for. it takes time and work and distance and by time, it can be measured in years, not weeks or months. sorry, but that's the cold hard reality. something happened to you, something awful, something that left more then just physical scars. if it helps, i understand. a lot of people do. you're not alone.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
I am very sorry this happened to you. I agree with the others. You probably have PTSD and need some professional help to assist you in healing after this very traumatic experience. Be kind, gentle and patient with yourself while you cope with this horrible incident.
Lurker
0 likes
I am sooo sorry this happened to you.

Moving wouldn't help.

I would go to trauma counseling or at least some sort of professional to help you deal with it.

Much love and hugs to you precious sweetheart..
Xoxo
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Thanks for all your helps guys and gals. You have all helped a lot and although I would never move because of this (scum will never make me move hehe) that was also a good suggestion and I thank you for that.
I'm not for everyone
0 likes
I am sorry you had to experience that horrible cowardly act.
I cannot stress enough what others have said here, counseling and support groups are the way to go.

Keep a stiff upper lip my friend, stay strong and I wish you good luck.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I am so sorry this happened to you. You can definitely get hep. Doctor will probably put you on anxiety medicine.

I had a situation when I was a teen. I was attacked by a man. It was a horrifying experience. I just dealt with it and had many problems.

I eventually got help. Also found comfort in support groups with people dealing with these kinds of situations.

I will pray for you and hope you get the help you need.

Xoxo
Lurker
0 likes
I've dealt with some PTSD-related stuff during and after my deployments to the desert. You can PM me if you need to talk.