Login

Battle of Awesome: Bacon vs. Cheese

last reply
34 replies
3.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
In the red corner, it's made from swine and sure tastes fine, peppered, smoked, maple, or plain, it's one meat you just can't beat, it's BAAAAAAAAAAAACON!!!

In the bleu corner, it's cultured, it's ripened, hard or soft, sharp or mild, behold the power of CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!
Lurker
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese! Man that stuff is good!
Active Ink Slinger
Firmly planted in the curd nerd corner here.

I remember going through phases of buying blocks of cheese from the store across the road from school just for snacks and giggles. Gruyere and emmental were year round favourites. The bigger the eyes and longer the aging the better. A good soft aged or blue vein would never goes astray either.
Lurker
I'm a cheese girl. Paired with a good wine and I'm hooked. I can spend lots of time and money in a fine cheese store. Not as fond of Kraft and something they pass off as cheese called cheese slices in plastic sleeves but, a good aged Roquefort and I'm putty in your hands.
Lurker

Stilton cheese and wine. Add a french baguette....heaven on earth.

Tomato wedges to cleanse the palate if you also have Roquefort and Parmesan between sips.
Lurker
I could live without bacon, it's an occasional treat as far as I'm concerned. But live without cheese? NO WAY! Not many foods that aren't made better by adding cheese......including cheese.
Divine Rapscallion
Cheese, please!

(Why I would need a knife and fork for cheese, I don't know, but it seemed the most appropriate emoticon, aside from .)
Maggie R
Matriarch
Quote by eviotis

Tomato wedges to cleanse the palate if you also have Roquefort and Parmesan between sips.

How soon can you get here?
Lurker
Gotta make a quick stop....any cravings?

Matriarch
Quote by eviotis
Gotta make a quick stop....any cravings?

Yes, make sure you bring some of that stilton, I have a 1995 Shiraz that will go nicely with.

While you're there, can you also pick up some Vacherin Mont d'Or, Comte, Saint Maure and don't forget the Fourme d'Ambert
Lurker
Mmmmm, the later two for sure, and a little Pâté de foie gras to coat the slices of baguette.

I think I'll pass on Martini's recommendation, they seem to be all out.
Lurker
ooooh, I am a cheese girl .....

so much more can do with cheese than bacon (though every bacon lover will argue that!)

Cheers!

Van
Her Royal Spriteness
i love my cheese! the the subtle, the pungent, and it goes with or on pretty much anything!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
Quote by DirtyMartini
Is there some reason why we can't have both? Why isn't "both" an option?

Isn't it a bit cruel to make us choose??? Just saying...

Ah my thoughts exactly Alan why can't we just live happy and have both? Throw a couple of eggs and you got the perfect meal
“I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.”~Frank Sinatra~
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by DirtyMartini

Nice! Guess what I'm making for breakfast this weekend? LOL
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by BicycleBum
Quote by DirtyMartini

An appointment with a cardiologist?
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by LusciousLola
Quote by BicycleBum
Quote by DirtyMartini

An appointment with a cardiologist?

That would be Monday.
Lurker
Quote by nicola
Quote by eviotis

How soon can you get here?

Can I Join? Please....!
Lurker
Bacon is the food of gods...
Active Ink Slinger
I voted cheese, but to be honest my favourite is home made mac cheese with diced up grilled bacon through it. best of BOTH worlds!
Follow my blog! Latest post: Shake Your Bootie
Lurker
...mmmm...Mac n cheese....

If ever in a town with a Capital Grill in it. Go there, the Lobster Mac n Cheese is awesome.
Lurker
Cheese goes with almost everything
Active Ink Slinger
A hard mature chedder. no brie, camembert or blue cheese BLURGH
Lurker
I could easily forgo cheese for bacon...it's just too damn good!
Lurker
Okay, bacon. No, cheese. No! Bacon! Both! Both, damn it! Why do we have to choose?
Quote by chefkathleen
I'm a cheese girl. Paired with a good wine and I'm hooked. I can spend lots of time and money in a fine cheese store. Not as fond of Kraft and something they pass off as cheese called cheese slices in plastic sleeves but, a good aged Roquefort and I'm putty in your hands.

Here here, a fine cheese paired with the proper wine....Mmmmm so yummy!
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Lurker
I like both, but I had to vote.LYen63c1vql3nRwQ Mark