You know you're getting old when...

last reply
69 replies
5.5k views
3 watchers
2 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I was flipping through the channels and saw that Driving Miss Daisy was on. I watched a little, remembering how much I liked the movie, and what some people said about the racial dynamics and relationship between Morgan Freeman's and Jessica Tandy's characters. I then thought to myself that she looked great. I wondered what she was up to. What new projects was she working on, etc. Morgan Freeman, we know, is always working. Well, I looked. Then, it hit me. I'm getting old.

I knew Driving Miss Daisy was not a current movie, but I didn't think it was released in 1989!!! That's almost 30 years ago!!!

Jessica Tandy passed away from ovarian cancer in 1994 at the age of 85. She was 80 in the movie. Today, she'd be 109 years young. Ugh.

I was shocked that I was oblivious to how much time had passed, and how quickly it had.

What has made you realize that you are getting older?
Lurker
0 likes
My inability to sit cross legged on a wooden floor has for sure shown me how old I am.

Other then that my clear hate and unwillingness to put up with extra bull has proven I am old.

OH and I was born when that movie was released.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When I rush upstairs to pee and then forget why I'm rushing.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
when you no longer recognize people on magazine covers. (hell, if you still by mags!)

Say. Her. Name.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by vanessa26
When You have to look up new slang words

True! After a conversation with my kid sister, I have to go check the urban dictionary!
0 likes
Some of my favorite recent musicians are young enough to be my children.

I have co-workers around my age becoming grandparents.

My son is old enough to buy beer (19 in Ontario) and knows more about it than I do.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You basically have no control of your bladder.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When I wander into the kitchen and can't remember why I'm there.
Love is the answer, love is a flower you gotta let it grow - John Lennon
0 likes
Quote by vanessa26
When You have to look up new slang words

This! I didn’t realize just how far behind I was until I couldn’t understand half of what the teens are saying. Working with kids has completely opened my eyes to my age, not to mention they don’t even know who Demi Moore is! They’ve never even heard of the movie The Labyrinth!
I didn’t realize 34 was old but I sure feel it now
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When they say Happy B'day!!! lol
Hope Breaking taboos around my sexuality.
I can understand you might be a little apprehensive to chat with me because of my age.
It is difficult for ladies to want to chat with me, because there is a huge stigma and a certain level of taboo connected to my age.

What is it exactly that makes mature woman attractive to me?
Have you ever really looked deeply at and felt a mature woman?

For me…
There is a sense of something rich, mature and possibly deep that can emanate through her body, a quality that is attractive in and of itself.
She usually offers an image of the aging gracefully, sexy mature woman as something that is desirable, something that aspire me to and look forward to being one day – beautiful mature women. They still so radiant because what’s inside always shines outward. They teach me to love myself, and love my life, and I will attract others.
My Personal Vids and pics updated Sep. 22, 2018 HAVE A GREAT DAY!! Meow!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Dam, What was it that I was going to say???? Ohh Yeaa,

Now it takes me all night, to do what I used to do all night !!!

My kid says, "Way back when I was young;"!

My 'smart' phone makes me look really stupid.AM98Kzm0HKUY4510

Than, I'm forced to get my 8yo grandson to explain what I doing wrong with it!

Also, They used a god-dammed flame thrower, to light the candles on my last B'day cake!

One more thing, Shit! I forgot what I was going to say, AGAIN!!!
0 likes
When I get aggravated by loud music in passing cars. Then think to myself I was once one of those people that played my music loud in my car.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You know your getting old when you get up in the morning and you fart with every step you take.
0 likes
The Prime Minister of your country is younger than you (I was in Grade 1 when Justin was born).
Lurker
0 likes
your daughter can outrun you and makes fun of you for being so slow
Lurker
0 likes
"You know you are old when you can live without sex, but not your glasses."
Lurker
0 likes
'Ya know you're old when ya can't even get your dildo hard any more.'
Lurker
0 likes
'Ya know you're old when ya used to hit the ground running, but now just try not to hit it too hard.'
Lurker
0 likes
'Ya know you're old when the only thing hard in the morning,...is getting out of bed.'
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When the hair in your ears grows faster than the hair on your head..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by ivanka_simkiewisz
'Ya know you're old when ya can't even get your dildo hard any more.'

Ivanka_simkiewisz, You posts are so funny their killing me! No, I mean that literally... Uggh, Stop, Drop, Flop ---- 123---ZAP!-- ZAPP!-------ZAAPPP! AH, better now.... hehehe! I know, I know, I know, Absolutely, NO TASTE! I AM getting old, I'm out of shape, and, hypertensive. Does that count for anything???
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by GraceW
I'm told this can be a serious problem for men: You pinch your scrotum as you slide to the edge of the bed.

Grace, that is SO true. You know when you're getting old, when playing "pocket pool" turns into a game of soccer!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ok, Ok, Just one more, When you franticly search your house for over a half-an-hour, desperately looking for your glasses, and as you wipe the sweat off your brow you discover that you're wearing them! If that one is a joke, than guess that I'm the butt-end of it...
Lurker
0 likes
When you read all of these posts and find yourself saying , yup done that...yup that one too...oh yeah did that...oh that happens to me all the time. The most annoying thing happening right now is falling asleep when I read. I read a lot and at night and now I get about two pages and ZZzzzz. It gets really embarrassing if I'm reading a Lush story...snoring, mouth open, drooling, hand down in my panties.