Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Why do some want a fwb instead of a relationship?

last reply
25 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Is it the right to fuck whomever whenever they want or is it that they just dont want a relationship?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
not sure i understand? why can't you have both?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Quote by doctorlove
Is it the right to fuck whomever whenever they want or is it that they just dont want a relationship?

Hey doctorlove,

You can have sports sex ( aka indiscriminate sex) with anyone, or you could have FWBs or even be in a relationship with all three. But, if you're in a committed relationship it should be one where there's open communications with each other so if you are involved with FWBs or sport sex there should or will be no nasty surprises for anyone.

Of course, that's just my take on things.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by JackStay

Hey doctorlove,

You can have sports sex ( aka indiscriminate sex) with anyone, or you could have FWBs or even be in a relationship with all three. But, if you're in a committed relationship it should be one where there's open communications with each other so if you are involved with FWBs or sport sex there should or will be no nasty surprises for anyone.

Of course, that's just my take on things.

Being in a relationship and being open about sex with others is fine by me but it seems difficult to find someone that'll be ok with it or at least comfortable enough to be open and admit the lifestyle is their cup of tea.
Marx Sister
0 likes
Quote by sprite
not sure i understand? why can't you have both?

This.

My somewhat longer answer is summed up by noting that the two are wildly different experiences. Both can be good. Both at once can sometimes be better. For that matter, more than one romantic relationship, more than one FWB, or any combination can also be good – as long as it is ethically handled, i.e. everyone involves knows, everyone is responsible about their health and communicates well. At the moment I have two partners, but have had as many as four, or three and an FWB at different points. I'll admit that it can be a lot to handle in terms of emotional labor and scheduling, but in my experience it is often worth it.

Returning to the original question, it's a different experience and often leads to a very different type of sex. Sometimes when both parties want companionship and sex but don't have the emotional energy to invest in a romantic relationship (especially if either of them are particularly attached to the relationship escalator), it can be the best option. The trouble comes when one person is trying the FWB thing while hoping for romance (either secretly or openly), but when everyone is truly on the same page it can be amazing.
My Featured Stories
The Snowglobe Conspiracy – Solving a great mystery | There Is No Butterfly – Time Travel competition entry | Incurable Arousal – Most viewed | Toxic, But Not Sinister – Mutual loathing at its finest | You Were – An experience in the second person | Desiderium – A scattering of lovers
0 likes
Quote by doctorlove

Being in a relationship and being open about sex with others is fine by me but it seems difficult to find someone that'll be ok with it or at least comfortable enough to be open and admit the lifestyle is their cup of tea.

That would be true. My wife and I opened our marriage in the spring of 1977 at her request. We'd been married for just under five years. I had reentered the Navy after an eighteen month hiatus and she was a second semester junior studying fine arts in a small southeast college located on the coast. It worked for us primarily because we could not just talk to each other but listen to each other as well.

How do I suggest someone go about it? Very carefully, with a lot of sensitivity, patience and love. And with the understanding it may blow up on you.

Sorry if this isn't a roadmap to an open relationship, but this is the best website to others who may have other suggestions or ideas.
0 likes
First off, I would argue FWB is a relationship, just a different order of one from a committed partner like a spouse.

I can see the appeal, too. Sex and companionship, but with more personal space than with a traditional partner. I'm an introvert and sometimes find that living with someone takes up a lot of energy or makes it hard to "get away" (though it's improved now that my child is out of the house).
Щíccαη Щoods Щhore
0 likes
Everything existing ist a relationship in it's "literal" sense.

FWBs may or may not be living together, und so defined slang by current demographics as a "relationship", may or may not be married.

There ist little difference otherwise except the different strings both of you have chosen to attach your infatuation.

If these strings become weaved into rope, then twined into links, und finally links of a chain between your hearts,
then your "I love you" FWBs has become "I'm in love with you" relationship...
whether ya wanted it or not...smiles

Without personally knowing them?
I'm thinking each person may have their own many reasons.
So this question stated as such a general inquiry?...
Can have response of a most probable irrelevant answer.
. . .♀♌TT☩✯⁂⊕⧋▽⧊ )◯( ψΨ∅ǯǮǯ∞✾❈❁✤. . .
Saucy Little Minx ♥️
0 likes
FWB on the hunt LoL ~ to me it means someone you get along with sexually as well as just to hang out with every once in a while just for drinks or dinner, travel possibly.

Relationship - not looking for that, been there done that like my freedom now. If it ever happens they will need to live next door smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by bria_xo
FWB on the hunt LoL ~ to me it means someone you get along with sexually as well as just to hang out with every once in a while just for drinks or dinner, travel possibly.

Relationship - not looking for that, been there done that like my freedom now. If it ever happens they will need to live next door smile

I like this view of the FWB. Even though I'm in a LTR and don't have any desire to give it up, I'd really like the idea of a FWB relationship. I have an on-line FWB but would really like a physical one but no luck to this point.
Lurker
0 likes
My wife had fwb's in college. Her relationship was with me, but I was away at another college. She made it clear to the guys that she went with them for fun. If they tried to get a romantic relationship going, she dumped them. For her, it was either no sex during the weeks when i wasn't available or sex with a fwb.
0 likes
I couldn't careless about being in a relationship and I most definitely don't want friends w/ benefits as they're not friends so there's no benefit.

Some are sexual partners.
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Because sometimes you just want to have a fuck.

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by bria_xo

Is the place next door for sale? Asking for myself.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I have both. If you have a S.O. who doesn't mind you fucking other people, you get the best of both worlds.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
We have both. As one of a very comfortable FWB group we have our favourites but share everything with each other - the girls are far more Bi than the guys.
Our FWB group of six (four very regular) have been enjoying our relationship for over two years without any problems. We all have accepted the relationships we have with one and all without compersion.
Saucy Little Minx ♥️
0 likes
Quote by scottob1234

Is the place next door for sale? Asking for myself.

LoL there is a home available about 4 doors down ~ but due to the virus outbreak we’ll have to do a lot of social distancing could look at it like a lot of teasing smile

Meggsy & Beffer lucky ladies indeed!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by bria_xo

LoL there is a home available about 4 doors down ~ but due to the virus outbreak we’ll have to do a lot of social distancing could look at it like a lot of teasing smile

Meggsy & Beffer lucky ladies indeed!

Go throw a sold sign out front, I'll be there Friday.. Stop by,, at least 6 feet away
Saucy Little Minx ♥️
0 likes
Quote by scottob1234

Go throw a sold sign out front, I'll be there Friday.. Stop by,, at least 6 feet away

Done - I’ll leave my front door unlocked you can just stand there and watch smile
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by doctorlove

For me a FWB saw more and better sex, and less dramas with the rest of my lifestyle.

Maybe I'm better at picking FWB than partners. Lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Is it FWB by name and BWF in reality? Secondly, does this assume heterosexuality? All these words that classify billions of "relationships," as "types" doesn't mean a thing to most people, nor to me.
Why can't every singular connection between two be worked out by those two people? Maybe the word "human" means connections between people can't be anything but singular.
Don't these labels, "married," "divorced," "friends with benefits, " all have some kind of definition so we can figure out what we have or don't have?
It seems to be that if we really wanted classifications for certain "kinds" of connections between, among, or whatever else, human beings, then we are honestly going to have to have MANY, I mean, MANY "kinds" of "disconnectedness.' 10? 20? 30? 40?....as many as there are connected people?
Aren't those "relationships" defined by religions and governments, not by the connected people themselves?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have always enjoyed being a friend with benefits
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
No strings just sex
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
First off, I would argue FWB is a relationship, just a different order of one from a committed partner like a spouse.

I can see the appeal, too. Sex and companionship, but with more personal space than with a traditional partner. I'm an introvert and sometimes find that living with someone takes up a lot of energy or makes it hard to "get away" (though it's improved now that my child is out of the house).

I think FWB is a relationship too. I used to think it wasn't a way of dating, but it is.

For me FWB is when I'm physically attracted to someone, sexually in sync, and both parties know that we're not "number one" in each other's lives. That's how I think about it, and how's it worked out best in my experience.

"The Punished Nonpartisan" <- Extreme BDSM and humiliation story. Heavy on plot. Served on a plate of political drama with a side of domestic terror. Currently Free download.

Jocelyn the Wicked <- futanari, fantasy fan fic, and some tentacles that escaped the laboratory

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Some people just like the freedom, not just sexually, but personally. Most relationships I've been in--same goes for most of the people I know--there's compromises and adjustments people make to accommodate a life for two.. some people aren't willing to do those things, but would still like to have someone they can trust to have sex with. Personally, I'd only engage in a FWB situation if the person agreed to mutual sexual exclusivity.
**Shameless Plug - Latest Story**

Off-Market Listings
Butterfly
0 likes
I'd prefer getting best of both worlds :P
Lurker
0 likes
There are many websites for you to find the ones you need to visit, but you should visit this website. I think you won't be disappointed. atari breakout