Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Why are most adults afraid of being nude?

last reply
42 replies
3.3k views
0 watchers
2 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I like being nude but my wife is afraid to. When we have friends over for a pool party, I'm the only one that goes nude.
Rainbow Warrior
1 like
Two reasons mainly... Inhibitions against violating societal norms, and self-consciousness over the appearance of their naked bodies. I'm a nudist/naturist, so neither of these inhibit me from being nude in front of others. I'd display my nude pics here on Lush if there weren't so many jackasses who steal others' pictures and either upload them to dumpsites or use them to pose as someone they're not.
0 likes
I think I would be a nudist if circumstances were different. I certainly enjoy being naked. My wife gets cranky about me going around in my underwear, though, let alone starkers so ain't happenin'.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
nudist/naturist community sounds like Utopia, where do i sign up?
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
My husband and I spent four wonderful days a Flavo-Natura in the Netherlands before he took me on a tour of swingers clubs. Nudism and Naturism is know more in Europe as FKK.

I will be putting together a resort-swingers club and sexual therapy clinic in Germany two hours south of Berlin. The entire resort is FKK.
remember to always
Surrender, Submit & Obey
Your Goddess Germanika
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I should also add that seeing hundreds of nude people all day with normal bodies I never worried about how people saw mine.

When I got to the swingers clubs I was far more comfortable with being nude and was annoyed that you need to wear clothing in the bar area. maybe a weird law? But annoying.

I recommend go to a place where people are naked.
remember to always
Surrender, Submit & Obey
Your Goddess Germanika
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Beffer
Two reasons mainly... Inhibitions against violating societal norms, and self-consciousness over the appearance of their naked bodies. I'm a nudist/naturist, so neither of these inhibit me from being nude in front of others. I'd display my nude pics here on Lush if there weren't so many jackasses who steal others' pictures and either upload them to dumpsites or use them to pose as someone they're not.

Good words about the jackasses for us on here to adhere to. Pedophiles and other creeps don't use their pics to try to get pics from others. My pics are me, work hard to keep the body, dick must have been inherited although between my left hand and my girlfriends that muscle gets daily exercise, but if someone uses them without a face I would hope it would cause concern.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
My wife got me to go to a nudist resort. I loved the freedom I experienced. We're just a puritanical nation of prudes.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
I'd just as soon not have to see the average American, buck naked at McDonald's or window shopping at the mall.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by Beffer
Two reasons mainly... Inhibitions against violating societal norms, and self-consciousness over the appearance of their naked bodies.

This. I prefer a state of undress at home, but then i have no shame about being nude.
Lurker
0 likes
Not really a think tank subject....

This seems like a newbie nudist doing what newbie nudists tend to do.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by DamonX
Not really a think tank subject....

This seems like a newbie nudist doing what newbie nudists tend to do.

Probably should be moved to the pub, tbh.
0 likes
Quote by Milik_the_Red

This. I prefer a state of undress at home, but then i have no shame about being nude.

You are definitely a nudest..

{You changed your picture..}
Click below to see

Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by Simplicity

You are definitely a nudest..

{You changed your picture..}

You aren’t a nudist

(So did you )
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Milik_the_Red

You aren’t a nudist

(So did you )

Her profile pic is better tbh. No offense.

To answer the question 1. Body shame. 2. Afraid of judgement. (What would the natives think?) 3. Afraid of being defenseless
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by Lokis_Sidekick

Her profile pic is better tbh. No offense.

None taken I can’t get away using a hot blond as an avatar. My wife is a hot blond so it works for her.

I was using Jim Morrison here for years and wanted to go back. I always felt a kinship with him, like I was the scream of his butterfly
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by Milik_the_Red

None taken I can’t get away using a hot blond as an avatar. My wife is a hot blond so it works for her.

I was using Jim Morrison here for years and wanted to go back. I always felt a kinship with him, like I was the scream of his butterfly

I bet it opens a few doors for you Milik....
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by angieseroticpen

I bet it opens a few doors for you Milik....

I hope so.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Body confidence can be an issue. When I was very much overweight I wasn't body confident and preferred covering up .Since I lost weight the opposite now applies.
Active Ink Slinger
1 like
I think we learn a lot of these values at home. My mother was a lovely woman and thought nothing about flitting around the house naked, something my sister and I learned from her. Dad and my brother were a lot more prudish. I remember being a bit embarrassed when my breasts began to bud -- but soon got over that. My mother enjoyed her nudity until her dying day, and I intend to do the same.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Easy answer this one. We don't look like others think we should.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i am not afraid to be nude i love it and do not care who sees me nude
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Probably fear of being compared to others and feeling that they do not measure up. The nice thing about getting older is you get too old too care what others think.
Lurker
0 likes
1. Sunburn
2. Cold
3. Leaking fluids
4. Laws
5. Insect bites, cat claws, and similar hazards
6. Trapping my balls in furniture, as happened to some guy on a beach chair.

I am nude now, since lush got me hard again, but I will need clothes later.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Part of the year because it's cold and we don't have fur. Then again, fair skinned folks might get skin cancer. Pasty white skin doesn't make for a pleasurable nude scene.

But hard bodied, tanned or dark skin people should just go nekkid. Just gotta use a lot of fabric cleaner on the sofa, and 409 those wood chairs.

I've been naked at nude beaches and at a nudist resort, it is what it is. We do sometimes skinny dip in the pool with friends. Seeing nude dancers at a high end gentleman's club grinding their stuff is more tantalizing. It may just be the sex charged atmosphere.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Buz
Part of the year because it's cold and we don't have fur. Then again, fair skinned folks might get skin cancer. Pasty white skin doesn't make for a pleasurable nude scene.

But hard bodied, tanned or dark skin people should just go nekkid. Just gotta use a lot of fabric cleaner on the sofa, and 409 those wood chairs.

I've been naked at nude beaches and at a nudist resort, it is what it is. We do sometimes skinny fip in the pool with friends. Seeing nude dancers at a high end gentleman's club grinding their stuff is more tantalizing. It may just be the sex charged atmosphere.

Years ago, when young and dumb, I went to Black's Beach near San Diego. I was already nice and tanned so I didn't worry about suntan lotion, sunscreen was a thing of the future then, and learned the hard way that the bits and pieces hurt when sunburned. They hurt a lot.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Have you seen most adults? Just go shopping sometime and look around. There aren't very many I really want to see nude so maybe shyness is a blessing.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by ryann88
Have you seen most adults? Just go shopping sometime and look around. There aren't very many I really want to see nude so maybe shyness is a blessing.

Went to Blackpool seaside resort recently. The ones with decent bodies tend to keep themselves covered up and the larger size tend to be happy in letting it all hang out . I fit in the former category but tend to be of a shy nature .