Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Which is more important? Having a good lover or being a good lover?

last reply
60 replies
6.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
When you first have sex with someone, is it more important to you that your partner is a 'good' lover or that your partner thinks you are a 'good' lover?
Active Ink Slinger
being a good lover because if you put effort in to it hopefully your lover will come to meet you
Anything you think is sweet, I'm a little more than that.
Lurker
Only by being, can you have.
Lurker
Being a good lover is better.
Active Ink Slinger
you cannot have one without the other
Lurker
Quote by Happy12

Yes!
Lurker
Quote by Happy12

Absolutely! Perfectly stated.
Active Ink Slinger
It takes 2 if you are a good lover they will become a good lover
Lurker
being submissive i would say being a good lover, my partners needs and desires come first and are most important to me that i fulfill his needs first. in general i think to have a good lover you also need to be a good lover, it comes from that intensity to please each other, those fireworks that explode by having a good lover and by being a good lover
Lurker
Quote by Happy12

EXACTLY
Weaver of Words
I think being a good lover, because you can also inspire or teach your partner to become one as well.
Rookie Scribe
Being a good lover LEADS TO HAVING A GOOD LOVER!
Lurker
Quote by Strongat47

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Active Ink Slinger
Being a good lover...
Rookie Scribe
If you are a good lover, whoever you are with will come up to your standards, making them good as well......
Active Ink Slinger
I'm all for being a good lover, BUT, it stands to reason that if you had a good lover, you yourself would rise to thier "level", in time no matter which one is chosen, the end result should be that, you would both be, good lovers.
Lurker
Being a good lover cus I love to please and I get off on pleasing my partner. Once her back arches and the toes curl it's time to really go the exxxtra mile ;) I think when you can totally please your partner everything cums into place ;)
Lurker
Having a good lover. why would I want to do all the work?
Lurker
Being a good lover of course! It' easy with the right lover.
Lurker
Honestly, I think it is good to have both in a relationship. My husband isn't just a good lover, he is a great lover. I feel as if I am being a good lover me. But that's for him to answer. Lol!
Lurker
To answer Pinkluva, you are the PERFECT lover for me.

As to the question at hand: I believe that it's more important to be a good lover. Having a good lover is a great blessing, but it seems selfish if that's all you are looking for and you may not grow sexually.

I always try to be the best lover I possibly can be. I do have weak areas but my wife tenderly helps me work through them. (Well, she can be quite rough sometimes, but that works for me too!)

Active Ink Slinger
Quote by Strongat47

So True!!!
Active Ink Slinger
Being a good lover comes first. If you don't have a good lover, then I suppose you can always find a new one (if one is so inclined).
Primus Omnium
Being a good lover is the main point of all sex. If I am not good for her, then she will not be good for me. Otherwise, it might as well be hand lotion and tissues.
Lurker
Being a good lover is most important to me, i love to please and be pleasing, knowing i am being a good lover is such an amazing turn on

Rookie Scribe
being a good lover...i gfet off on pleasing for one thing; for another thing, one can often teach pleasure by being a good example.
Lurker
I believe it would be more beneficial that the partner be a good lover... To teach what a good lover is all about.