Twinkies

last reply
13 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
'Twinkies may last forever, but the same can't be said for Hostess Brands Inc., the company that makes the popular cream-filled spongecake.

Hostess has asked a bankruptcy judge for permission to go out of business and lay off 18,500 workers, blaming a strike by members of the Bakery, Confectionary, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union.

"We deeply regret the necessity of today's decision, but we do not have the financial resources to weather an extended nationwide strike," Hostess Chief Executive Gregory F. Rayburn said in a statement Friday.'

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hostess-closing-20121117,0,3494153.story

Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Twinkies were invented in my hometown!
Primus Omnium
0 likes
They have a Hostess plant near here. I loved them when I was a child, but they must have changed the recipe. They taste different now.
Lurker
0 likes
There will still be the off brand imitators on the shelves, but it still wont be the same.
Lurker
0 likes
I miss twinkies
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I have honestly never eaten a Twinkie in my life. When I tell people this, they always seem shocked. Isn't it just spongecake with whip cream or something? I've never understood why they're so popular.
Nerdzilla
0 likes
You're not missing much, Doll. No worries.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree, they were better tasting years ago. The sponge cake tasted more like pound cake back then.

If you are craving a Twinkie or Ho Ho, don't despair. There is a bid for that portion of their business in bankruptcy court. Hostess has already sold their Wonder Bread, Beefstake Rye, etc. bread business.

Twinkies will rise again!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I have honestly never eaten a Twinkie in my life. When I tell people this, they always seem shocked. Isn't it just spongecake with whip cream or something? I've never understood why they're so popular.

OMG! You have to try one. Im not saying that Twinkies are really that special, although they are right up there with White Castles when it comes to quenching the "munchies" crave. But you cant go through life saying you are a Twinkie virgin!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm making these!
Lurker
0 likes
Oooh I must say I had to look twice at the heading of this thread.... I admit, I am also a twinkie virgin because we don't have them here.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

OMG! You have to try one. Im not saying that Twinkies are really that special, although they are right up there with White Castles when it comes to quenching the "munchies" crave. But you cant go through life saying you are a Twinkie virgin!

I haven't been to a White Castle either. lol. But we don't have them here.

Twinkies have always been around but my mom was very anti-junkfood growing up, so I always had healthy snacks. When I was able to sneak off and buy sugar on my own, I always went for the the hardcore candy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
At one time they made a chocolate Twinkies. They were good also.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

I haven't been to a White Castle either. lol. But we don't have them here.

Twinkies have always been around but my mom was very anti-junkfood growing up, so I always had healthy snacks. When I was able to sneak off and buy sugar on my own, I always went for the the hardcore candy.

Up until about 5 or 6 yrs ago, I had never been to a White Castle before 3 AM, LOL!! Taste much better at that time, LOL!