last reply
135 replies
9.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Ajax

Meh ! i wasnt Happy with team Canada because Jonathan Toews should have the been the team captain this time .

interesting you mention that.........you might already know this - that when Crosby was named captain, he immediately went up to Captain Serious and asked him if he (JT) was ok with that, so, yeah, that's about as ultimate a tribute to captaincy as you can get. JT shoulda just said fuck that I'm captain lol. Ultimately moot though, considering the result. Hopefully this tournament has finally opened up people's eyes to Jamie Benn.
0 likes
Quote by GardenerGuy
Hopefully this tournament has finally opened up people's eyes to Jamie Benn.

To your point, yes Jamie Benn is fantastic but I also hope that people will also take notice of Matt Duchesne as well. Man can that kid skate.

As for the captaincy, there should be no debate. Sidney Crosby is the best player in the world and he showed it even more during the Olympics. Babcock and the management team made the right call with him.
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious
[Sid] showed it even more during the Olympics. Babcock and the management team made the right call with him.

hmmm.......sure, from a team standpoint, he contributed well to the shut-down game for preserving leads (and yeah Babcock attested to Sid's dominance in the last two games), but, one goal in four games.....the kid was making me worry way too much throughout the tournament in that regard.

Let's just hope that Errol Thompson gets the C in 2018, eh? (*IF* the NHL'ers compete again in the Olympics - which, at this point, looks highly unlikely)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious

To your point, yes Jamie Benn is fantastic but I also hope that people will also take notice of Matt Duchesne as well. Man can that kid skate.

As for the captaincy, there should be no debate. Sidney Crosby is the best player in the world and he showed it even more during the Olympics. Babcock and the management team made the right call with him.

Best Player and Captain are two totally different entities. I am not saying Crosby should or shouldn't have been captain. The guy who is the team captain should be there more to be a motivating factor and be able to handle the responsibility of leadership much more than his on ice ability. In 1980, Mike Eruzione was not even close to being the best player on Team USA, much closer to being the worst. But he had leadership and motivational skills and it seemed to work out!

As for NHL players in 2018, I heard on a local sports radio station that many players, especially European players, have already stated they ARE intending to play in 2018 even if they will face fines from their teams if they disobey the leagues position. It seems that winning a Gold for their home country is more important to them than winning a Stanley Cup for the team that is paying them Mega-bucks.
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

Best Player and Captain are two totally different entities. I am not saying Crosby should or shouldn't have been captain. The guy who is the team captain should be there more to be a motivating factor and be able to handle the responsibility of leadership much more than his on ice ability. In 1980, Mike Eruzione was not even close to being the best player on Team USA, much closer to being the worst. But he had leadership and motivational skills and it seemed to work out!

As for NHL players in 2018, I heard on a local sports radio station that many players, especially European players, have already stated they ARE intending to play in 2018 even if they will face fines from their teams if they disobey the leagues position. It seems that winning a Gold for their home country is more important to them than winning a Stanley Cup for the team that is paying them Mega-bucks.

A woman who loves and follows hockey.....dreamy sigh
I'm in love!
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by GardenerGuy

interesting you mention that.........you might already know this - that when Crosby was named captain, he immediately went up to Captain Serious and asked him if he (JT) was ok with that, so, yeah, that's about as ultimate a tribute to captaincy as you can get. JT shoulda just said fuck that I'm captain lol. Ultimately moot though, considering the result. Hopefully this tournament has finally opened up people's eyes to Jamie Benn.
mmmm ...... You think Crosby was a little embarrassed by being named Captain over Toews? he should be imo. I think it has more to do with politics than anything else. The Canadian side of the NHL wants Cindi to be the face of the league. Anyone who agrees he should be the face of the league, is just on the bandwagon with blinders on.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious

Crosby is a better goal scorer. Toews is the better all around player and a far superior team captain. A lot would argue toews has performed better at the Junior level and at the NHL level. If someone was gonna start a new team and had a draft, they would select Toews over Crosby hands down.

Crosby is the superior diver/whiner, i'll give him that though
Lurker
0 likes

A letter written from the Women Olympic Hockey Team to the Mens Hockey Team for game daybiggrin
Lurker
0 likes

trending:

#hardtotrashtalkcanada
#hardtotrashtalksweden

you have to love good sportsmanship from the players, as well as the fans of the country. Proud to be Canadian!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
It seems that winning a Gold for their home country is more important to (the Europeans) than winning a Stanley Cup for the team that is paying them Mega-bucks.

and good on'em - kudos

Quote by Ajax
mmmm ...... You think Crosby was a little embarrassed by being named Captain over Toews?

lol no idea if he was skulking over to JT about it.

Quote by Ajax
Anyone who agrees he should be the face of the league, is just on the bandwagon with blinders on

hopefully I'm not included in that observation.

racquel11: awesome letter!! smile
Sophisticate
0 likes
I loved the Canadian coach giving a Russian a ski to replace his broken one so that he could finish his event with dignity. That is sportsmanship.

I don't want to annoy the Americans here, but the comeback of the Canadian women in hockey was inspiring. They never gave up. It was a true demonstration of grit and heart.
Sophisticate
0 likes
Quote by javabomber
how much sex are the athletes having in Sochi? Beautiful, in their prime, lots of testosterone .... It's got to be good.

I heard somewhere that they had handed out more than 100,000 condoms.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by principessa

I heard somewhere that they had handed out more than 100,000 condoms.

Apparently Tinder (mobile app) was verrry popular in the Athlete's Village - it's typically used on college campuses to meet like-minded hook ups.

It makes sense - they are all in the best shape of their lives, in their sexual prime, all those endorphins and adrenaline, pent-up stress and nerves. There must have been some damn good sex going on!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
There must have been some damn good sex going on!

possible Olympic Village Romp story.....?