Someone questioning my Sexuality

last reply
18 replies
2.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I Have not done forum like this in such along time,but this was kind of eating at me all yesterday,and through out today so here is my story I'm not sure if this is the right call or not but it kind of did piss me off,Here's my story Some guy from a diffrent chat site asked me a question about my sexuality I politely tried to explain that at one point in my life I use to like guys back when i was teenager, through 14 to1 17, I liked guys yes,but i eventually started to find myself attracted to girls more then I did then guys mostly and this guy couldnt get that fact that I had to hide my sexuality from my family cause well back then 7 yrs ago no one really herd of anyone being lesbian or bi or gay.so It was kind of hard subject around my family comming from the old school kind of way,I didn't really fully come out of the closet untill I was 19 mature,and new what i wanted in my life and New what my sexuality was,and this person kept finding loop holes,and nit picked everything I said trying to make me look like i was bad for saying i liked guys back then but then turned cheek and liked girls,i wasn't born with iti just came natural when I mature and got older,what got me is that he kept nagging and trying to make it out as a big deal,and made me feel bad like I was wrong for comming out sooner then later,reason why i held back was because my dad was too old school my mom was ok with it,just my dad,and when I did come out with,It didnt really go over so well,that's kinda why Im at odds end I don't know if I made the right choice or wrong choice in comming out at 19.knowing a guy would never understand why. and I apologize My grammar isn't that very well so please bare with me.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
screw him. i think you're awesome. what does it matter to him? why should it be any of his business. as long as YOU know who are are and are comfortable about yourself, screw anyone who has a problem with it. btw, here, we welcome you with open arms for who you are, not for who you are attracted to. welcome to Lush, Bliss. smile

for the record, i liked guys too, once upon a time. now, not as much. sounds to me like you were just settling into yourself.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by sprite
screw him. i think you're awesome. what does it matter to him? why should it be any of his business. as long as YOU know who are are and are comfortable about yourself, screw anyone who has a problem with it. btw, here, we welcome you with open arms for who you are, not for who you are attracted to. welcome to Lush, Bliss. smile

for the record, i liked guys too, once upon a time. now, not as much. sounds to me like you were just settling into yourself.
Thank you very much :) oh i knew who i was attracted to much it was the way the guy made it sound like,and nit picked,and twisted what i said, to make it sound bad,and all it was over is cause back when i was younger I use to watch wrestling,like the WWE kind of stuff I didn't think me liking wrestling was a big deal to anyone.how many girls would you know like wrestling. thats how the whole sexuality thing came about.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Don't listen to what anyone has to say sweetheart you're an amazing woman and you do what keeps you happy! Screw the other people be you and be proud of it! You're an amazing beautiful girl! He's just upset that he can't get in your pants !
Bite Me and make it hard <3
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I'm sorry this guy chose to be like this especially when you took you're time to try and explain your reasoning behind doing what you did. This guy had absolutly no right to say any of these things to you, You're a wonderful person and you did exactly what you were comfortable doing. Don't let anything he said bother you and bring you down, Just know that you have plenty of people here who like you for who you are and are always willing to listen and talk. smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

This!

You are who you are, like what you like and its no ones fucking business. Screw this guy. If he cant understand what you are telling him and how hard it is to tell your family especially if they are "old school", than too bad for him. He is probably just upset because you don't want him.

Just be yourself and be happy!!

Welcome to Lush.

Hope you enjoy being here and have lots of fun!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Yep!!!!
Lurker
0 likes
makes me think of a dr seuss quote. "Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have this problem a lot also, and the best thing i can say is to just ignore them and if they persist just cut ties with them completely.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
One definition of insanity is hoping for a better past, you can't change it, what's done is done. Now being the father of a girl who has come out as bisexual, I just want her to be happy no matter what gender the person she decides to be with, and I feel that is the only tight I can do because anything other that that would be me trying to control her. As to the person questioning you, you came out when you came out and you can't change that now, just figure out who you are and what you want and try to be the best you, you can be.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by InnocentBliss87
I Have not done forum like this in such along time,but this was kind of eating at me all yesterday,and through out today so here is my story I'm not sure if this is the right call or not but it kind of did piss me off,Here's my story Some guy from a diffrent chat site asked me a question about my sexuality I politely tried to explain that at one point in my life I use to like guys back when i was teenager, through 14 to1 17, I liked guys yes,but i eventually started to find myself attracted to girls more then I did then guys mostly and this guy couldnt get that fact that I had to hide my sexuality from my family cause well back then 7 yrs ago no one really herd of anyone being lesbian or bi or gay.so It was kind of hard subject around my family comming from the old school kind of way,I didn't really fully come out of the closet untill I was 19 mature,and new what i wanted in my life and New what my sexuality was,and this person kept finding loop holes,and nit picked everything I said trying to make me look like i was bad for saying i liked guys back then but then turned cheek and liked girls,i wasn't born with iti just came natural when I mature and got older,what got me is that he kept nagging and trying to make it out as a big deal,and made me feel bad like I was wrong for comming out sooner then later,reason why i held back was because my dad was too old school my mom was ok with it,just my dad,and when I did come out with,It didnt really go over so well,that's kinda why Im at odds end I don't know if I made the right choice or wrong choice in comming out at 19.knowing a guy would never understand why. and I apologize My grammar isn't that very well so please bare with me.

I think it's so sweet that you even care. I am at a loss to understand why a guy, or in my case a girl, thinks they are the one who can prove you wrong. Well they can't! You will come across men who think that you just haven't been with the right guy, meaning themselves.
Mine is a similar story but a male version. I never even discussed it with my dad. I wasn't living in the same city, so it was brushed under the carpet.
I tried "straight" because it was easier, I fitted in, but I prefered guys. It was harder back then compared to today. But looking back, I'm glad I didn't choose to live a lie, a lot did.
Next time a guy questions your sexuality, ignore them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Everyone has an opinion, Unfortunately if someone is unkind, or if they feel they are in some way affected by a decision they will give a jaded opinion! You have to be true to yourself, it is your life to live and you are ultimately responsible for all of your choices. Just always be happy in who you are. If your friends, or your family are not happy with your decision then that is really their problem to deal with not yours!!! Be happy with who you are!! You are going to meet so many wonderful like minded girls and guys on lush! I sure did.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
That guy is just an ass! First off, it's your decision: anyone who thinks it was wrong just has to deal with it! Second, there's nothing wrong with any sexuality there is: just because you may not see that in your life doesn't mean it's wrong! That's like an illiterate person saying books are evil: obviously wrong and just plain stupid. Third, your decision has nothing to do with him, so he has no right to judge you, let alone criticize you! That guy probably just hates lesbians for no good reason and shouldn't be listened to. Ever! I hope you feel better about yourself and just be who you are. Anyone who has a problem with that can kiss your ass! smile
Lurker
0 likes
You have no reason to take any notice of what this guy has told you. He wants to manipulate you into believing you have made a decision about your sexuality rather than following your own instincts. Follow your instincts have a happy journey and be true to yourself.

He just fancies you and doesn’t like it that you’re unavailable to him
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
How DARE he!!! Your painful struggles with your realisation of your emerging sexuality and trying to share this with your family in a way that wouldn't confront them to the point of rejection, is your story. It makes you a very real, very admirable human being. The idiot on the forum does not deserve any explanation. You are a sensitive, emotionally mature person who cares deeply about your family and living your truth; he is obviously a complete arse!!!
Lurker
0 likes
Why do you feel that you needed his approval in the first instance?
Sorry I am not being rude here but deep-down, I would say that perhaps you are still understanding who you are and what that means sexually for you.
When one is totally comfortable with themself, derogatory comments or negativity should be handled with a "shoulder shrug".
Best of luck to you and don't take notice of people wanting you to justify how you feel.
Lurker
0 likes
It's not his place nor anyone else's to tell you how to live your life or to judge you. You are who you are and I love and appreciate every bit of you. This bloke sounds like a moron who is not comfortable in his own skin. Forget him, he's wrong. I will always be your friend. smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Basically what all the others have already said. Just do your own thing and don't worry about the jerk on the other site.
"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Troublemaker
0 likes
Miss Bliss yours sounds like a perfectly normal coming of age story though I'm appreciative of the environment you must have had to deal with...we all discover our likes and dislikes especially during the age range you describe. The guy was an insufferable dickhead who needs to do some homework. You're awesome....how could you not be? You're from Canada!