Login

Selfies on first date?

last reply
11 replies
1.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
Meeting online is not quite the same as meeting in person. Do you share selfies on the first date?

When you meet in person you can see what you're getting. Maybe...

True. You can't tell a book by it's cover, but you sure can get a sense for what's going to greet you when you look inside.

But when you're meeting online for the first time, what do you do? When is the right time to share a selfie? And what about nude pics too?

Is the first encounter too soon, too fast, too loose and too creepy?
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
My first dates are usually the result of me sending some dick pics to strangers. Does that answer your question?

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Wild at Heart
You talking about an online “first date”? Am I reading this post right?

Lmao

I miss this stuff... I remember someone had an online wedding here once and people made fun of it of course and then the lovely new couple was offended. It’s just the funniest damn thing to me.
living dead girl
Quote by Magical_felix
You talking about an online “first date”? Am I reading this post right?

Lmao

I miss this stuff... I remember someone had an online wedding here once and people made fun of it of course and then the lovely new couple was offended. It’s just the funniest damn thing to me.

The people who have online weddings crack me up, It reminds me of kids on the playground having fake weddings back when I was a kid.
Laughs out loud

Tell them to take a pic w/ today's newspaper or hold up iPad w/ New York Times website.
Active Ink Slinger
Hoping to clarify. You meet someone online for the first time, like a chat or a PM. It's strictly an online relationship. You're in different cities. You never plan to meet IRL. You start an online conversation. When is it appropriate ask for a selfie so you know what the person on the other end of the computer looks like?

And where do the girls who like dick pics on the first date hang out on here?
Saucy Little Minx ♥️
Personally I’d rather not see who I’m chatting with to be honest. I love to imagine what they look like by what I’ve learned through our conversations.
living dead girl
Quote by ComealotSex
Hoping to clarify. You meet someone online for the first time, like a chat or a PM. It's strictly an online relationship. You're in different cities. You never plan to meet IRL. You start an online conversation. When is it appropriate ask for a selfie so you know what the person on the other end of the computer looks like?

Before you get emotionally involved you should make them prove who they are
but after they send a pic you need to verify its actually them because 9 times out of 10
It's a stolen pic so honestly if you want to be double sure you ask them to write your name on their hand or a piece of paper ( I bet most won't )
The Bee's Knees
i've personally never asked to see a pic of anyone i'm chatting with. being a woman and having been harassed for pics, i can understand why that's annoying. if someone wishes to share a photo, that's fine.

if you're going to be romantically involved with someone, i believe the sooner the better. people deserve to see who they are falling for emotionally. like vanessa stated, there are a number of ways to verify they are who they say they are. although, i do think you should follow that up with a video chat if things get very serious.

as far as nudes go - it's a HELL NO from me. i've never sent them and i'd never request them.

Say. Her. Name.

Troublemaker
Quote by honeydipped
i've personally never asked to see a pic of anyone i'm chatting with. being a woman and having been harassed for pics, i can understand why that's annoying. if someone wishes to share a photo, that's fine.

if you're going to be romantically involved with someone, i believe the sooner the better. people deserve to see who they are falling for emotionally. like vanessa stated, there are a number of ways to verify they are who they say they are. although, i do think you should follow that up with a video chat if things get very serious.

as far as nudes go - it's a HELL NO from me. i've never sent them and i'd never request them.

You'd change your mind if you saw my sexy ass. biggrin
The Linebacker
I thought this was going to be about doing a selfie on a real life first date. And that would be, NO! Don't do it!

But an online date?

I've never been on an online date. Not even tempted to do so, either.
Quote by ComealotSex

I opened this thread like others have said, I wasn't sure what was meant by the 'first date'. Chatting to someone on here for the first time? No. But again, if you're forming a blossoming friendship/relationship then I guess just whenever the person is comfortable in trusting you to show you. I understand it's online and lots of people end up being 'catfished' but trust is a huge thing, particularly given the nature of this site.

And dick pics? Not for me thanks