last reply
39 replies
3.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Christmas tree, that is!

My kids bitched all weekend because I wont put up a real tree....It's too damn messy and I forget to water it. so its a huge fire hazzard by Christmas morning!

What is your preference and why??

Just curious! (:
Lurker
0 likes
Personally for me if I am gonna put one up well if I had my own place I would go real more to bring back memories from when I was a kid me and my Grampa used to go cut a fresh one down every year mind you from a farm but that is one thing I always remember doing yearly. Course like ya said the fake ones have an advantage in a way but not the same thing either LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Fake one for me. Much less mess. Much easier to deal with smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Real!

Just make sure you get new L.E.D lights. they don't admit as much heat.

But for me, the real fun is after Christmas, and burning it! When dry, those things light up well! lol (probably not what you want to hear...lol)
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Fake! ...less mess..just put it back in the box and reserve nature!! Plant a tree save a life...ok yea im a bit of a green freak..so? lol
Lurker
0 likes
Real.. I do not care about the mess.. I just need my place to smell of pine or spruce smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My family have always had a real tree and the fire hazard thing has never been an issue. Also in regards to the mess they make, you can get trees now which keep their needles, so there is minimal clean up. They are more expensive, but nothing beats a real tree at Christmas time

Ice cream + Candy = Yummy
Lurker
0 likes
FAKE ...no mess and easy to handle. And if you want that smell of pine needles -they come in a spray bottle as well. The last time I had a real tree ...my dog refused to stop peeing on the damn thing - so ...fake it is!!!
Lurker
0 likes
real, as long as it wasnt cut too early so it wont droop with the heat
Lurker
0 likes
We have a fake one... but then again... a lot of people here have fake ones.
Lurker
0 likes
Got to be a real one!!

My parents try to get us to put a fake one up but we just bring a real one home anyway. Youve gotta love that xmas tree smell
Lurker
0 likes
As Scrooge's illegitimate love child, I don't go in for Christmas that much, but if we have a tree, it has to be real... a throw back from my childhood perhaps, but you can't beat a real tree in the house... now to work out how to stop the cats and child climbing it....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As a kid we always had a fake tree (Pine-Sol spray is really quite pleasant), so have had to adjust to the mess of a real tree since being married in deference to the wifes wishes. It smells better, but how come I always have to clear the damn thing up & out every year?

I want one of those modern, super-cool fake trees that look the part, open like an umbrella, and already have the (working) lights on them.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
We always get a fresh cut tree, kind of a tradition. But as I get older and when my girls are eventually are out on their own, I may go over to the dark side and go fake. Some of the fake trees look so real anyhow and they are much easier. And better for environment too.

But love the smell of real tree!!!
Lurker
0 likes
we are travelling this year so no tree for us...but when we have one its real. always real! i dont care if its a mess i dont care if it dries out..i loooooooooooooove a real tree. i love having a big giant plant in my living room!! smile
Lurker
0 likes
we are travelling this year so no tree for us...but when we have one its real. always real! i dont care if its a mess i dont care if it dries out..i loooooooooooooove a real tree. i love having a big giant plant in my living room!! smile
Lurker
0 likes
I do know to get the tree to last longer if you have a tree farm near you we used to get ours cut at the earliest 2 weeks before Christmas put it in the tree stand outside and keep it watered I know my Grampa used to use a mix of sugar water with it and seemed to keep the needles from dropping. We had a wood stove next to ours so it was pretty dry there and the needles lasted through the new year never really had much of an issue cause it was fresh cut by us we never bought one that was already pre cut I think that is were a lot of the issues come from.

And pine scent in a can just don't do it for me
Lurker
0 likes
I love the smell and look of a real tree. And to keep it fresh longer, add 7-Up to the water. I know it sounds crazy but it works, no idea why. But it must be 7-Up, Sprite does not work. Diet 7-Up doesn't work either.
Constant Gardener
0 likes

Wanna smell pine? Lysol works great for that.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Wanna smell pine? Lysol works great for that.

Lurker
0 likes
Real for us too. We use sugar in water as well. Then we add ice cubes. Works great. Never heard of 7-up but I'm wondering if the new "all natural" 7-up will change the outcome. I don't like the taste of it and have not bought any since the first one at the change. Wonder if the 7-up will keep the cats out of it?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i love christmas. i have the fondest memories of it. when i was growing up we go cut our own trees and haul it home and decorate it as a family - my dad used to lift me up to so i could reach the top branches and put ornaments on them. the first time i kissed my girlfiriend was on christmas eve, another wonderful memory. there have been few times when i haven't found a way to put up a trees in my home, even if it was a teeny little charlie brown tree and i was living in squallor. i love the smell of them, and i love that they are not perfect, cause really, there is beauty in imperfection - some are crooked and some have big spaces on one side and each one is unique. my favorite tradition has become the day that we go out and pick a tree together and put it up and decorate it - every year we each buy a single new hall mark ornement and those go no first... after that, well, each ornement has a story, reminds me a christmas past, reminds me of someone gone or far away or just a few steps away.

so yeah, real. i don't care if it's extra work, it's worth it. i think that it says alot about our culture that it's all about what is quick and easy and cost effective... fast food, instant movies in our living rooms, cars, on line stores, gift cards as presents... yes, i fall prey to much of this as well, but some things, you should take your time doing - it's not about the and result, but about getting there. no matter how my tree looks at the end of the day, making it look like that is what is important. for me, it's an all day event and just as important as opening presents on xmas morn.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite
i love christmas. i have the fondest memories of it. when i was growing up we go cut our own trees and haul it home and decorate it as a family - my dad used to lift me up to so i could reach the top branches and put ornaments on them. the first time i kissed my girlfiriend was on christmas eve, another wonderful memory. there have been few times when i haven't found a way to put up a trees in my home, even if it was a teeny little charlie brown tree and i was living in squallor. i love the smell of them, and i love that they are not perfect, cause really, there is beauty in imperfection - some are crooked and some have big spaces on one side and each one is unique. my favorite tradition has become the day that we go out and pick a tree together and put it up and decorate it - every year we each buy a single new hall mark ornement and those go no first... after that, well, each ornement has a story, reminds me a christmas past, reminds me of someone gone or far away or just a few steps away.

so yeah, real. i don't care if it's extra work, it's worth it. i think that it says alot about our culture that it's all about what is quick and easy and cost effective... fast food, instant movies in our living rooms, cars, on line stores, gift cards as presents... yes, i fall prey to much of this as well, but some things, you should take your time doing - it's not about the and result, but about getting there. no matter how my tree looks at the end of the day, making it look like that is what is important. for me, it's an all day event and just as important as opening presents on xmas morn.

That was sweet Sprite and well said.
Lurker
0 likes
For those interested...Yankee Candle makes a "Christmas Wreath" scent that smells just like a tree. I hang the car jar air fresheners on my tree....the lights heat it up and it smells wonderful. I've even had people comment..."Oh I"m so jealous...you have a real tree and it smells so good!" Hee hee
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Awwwww! Now i just want to spend the holidays at your place! I'll make you real hot chocolate !
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Real ALWAYS - the mess may be an inconvience but it can be lessened, I like buying a live tree, keeping the root bulb wet, then planting it after chrsitmas, that was it is always a memory.
There are times she is kneeling out of obedience, reverence and respect. Those are the times it is okay to stand above her. But when she is kneeling because the weight of the world is just too heavy to bear … that is when You should be kneeling beside her.

Daddy has a lovely family - Daddy’s Little Family … https://www.lushstories.com/stories/flash-erotica/-daddys-little-family-.aspx

He is behind the curtain - Someone’s Watching ... https://www.lushstories.com/stories/masturbation/-someones-watching-.aspx

Some childhood memories return - Memories of Daddy … https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/-memories-of-daddy-.aspx

Just a ride in the country - Afternoon Distraction …
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/-afternoon-distraction-.aspx

She waits to keep a promise - Promises …
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/-promises-.aspx
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I love decorating Christmas trees. The smell of a real tree is probably one of my favourites of all time. My place is rather small, so I always volunteer myself as a decorator helper to friends and my family whenever I can so I can get my fix with decorating a big huge beautiful tree. Of course, eggnog warmed on the stove, spiked with rum and a bit of cinnamon is a must. Stir in a candycane so that it melts and flavours the concoction. It's sooo delicious. And yeah, decorating a tree is always more fun when you're a little buzzed...or 'a lot' buzzed depending on how much rum you add...

Uhmm....what was the question again? Oh yeah... trees... Real. Definitely.
Matriarch
0 likes
I bought a native "bottle brush" tree last year, and when finished with it, planted it in the garden.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
As long as I can still motorboat I don't care. Wait, I stopped reading after the headline. What are we talking about.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't think I will ever again, do another Christmas tree, I no longer Celebrate Christmas, for personal reasons, but if I were ever to, it would have to be a fake, because I'm allergic to pine.