Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Question for the Older Men.

last reply
26 replies
3.3k views
0 watchers
1 like
I have friend at work who is in his 50. He tells me that when he was a boy. He would take a swim class at the YMCA in the 1960's. He said since the why only aloud men back then, they had to swim nude. Was that true? Any older people that had to swim nude when they were at the Y?
When I'm eating at the Y, I'm usually nude.

Right, Tech?
Was he a member of the Village People?
Quote by roccotool
When I'm eating at the Y, I'm usually nude.

Right, Tech?

I sure hope so! It'd be rather difficult for you to enjoy your dessert otherwise!

Dirty Talk Competition story: His Voice

New Mac & Grace story: Boardrooms & Boudoirs - Part Three -Chapters 9-12

The Last Dance - Part 4 & Part 5

The Last Dance is a love story, but not your ordinary love story. I’d love for people to check it out. Thanks! 🥰

New short story: Under The Doctor's Desk

New micro: Another Man’s Wife

mizzou,
yep. the old downtown ymca's were havens for real men! once through the doors to the locker rooms you were in a world where towels were the only things worn! your friend took lessons in one of the last hold outs before all ymca's went co-ed. now if we could only move past our prudish and puritanical pasts and not be so hung up on things realted to sex and sexuality.

g
Never happen in this country Grouch.
If I'm not mistaken YMCA stands for Young Men's Christian Association?
Forget who you thought I was, I'm The Chris J bitch!
yeppers. I think so.
Thanks, I tell him his old instructor wasn't doing it for fun
Quote by groucho
mizzou,
yep. the old downtown ymca's were havens for real men! once through the doors to the locker rooms you were in a world where towels were the only things worn! your friend took lessons in one of the last hold outs before all ymca's went co-ed. now if we could only move past our prudish and puritanical pasts and not be so hung up on things realted to sex and sexuality.

g

Yes and this is the reason
Quote by Guest
I have friend at work who is in his 50. He tells me that when he was a boy. He would take a swim class at the YMCA in the 1960's. He said since the why only aloud men back then, they had to swim nude. Was that true? Any older people that had to swim nude when they were at the Y?

The Y I went to in the late 60's was already co-ed, so no

However, the Boys Club that my 5th & 6th grade class went swimming at was male only, and either you wore a 'loaned' suit they kept on hand or went in skin - I never borrowed a suit from them.
back in the late 60s it was optional but most were nude
I guess it depended upon where you lived. In my hometown, you had to wear a suit in the pool but it was silly as you showered in the nude afterward and there were no individual stalls.
Quote by Guest

Depends on where the Y was, but for the most part - that is completely false. There were a very few YMCA locations where that was the rule, but it was quickly banned and outlawed. Besides, most of the YMCA's allowed girls in the '60s. How do I know? I was a member then. BTW, it was in the very early '60s that they began to allow girls and women, so unless he is closer to 60, I doubt he would ever remember only being able to swim nude.
"I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free." Nikos Kazantzakis

I have heard stories like that before.
I for on can't say it's true or not.
I never went to the YMCA.
Don't know about the YMCA, but that's how it was in Chicago Public High Schools
At Y camp we wore suits (I wore one out each summer at camp) but in H.S. swimming class it was birthday suits. Never was a YMCA member.
Where I lived (Major midwest US city), it was true. The YMCA (we were not members but I was a guest a few times), was male only until say the early mid seventies. Everyone had to swim nude.

I generally found other places to swim, but it was one of the only indoor pools not associated with a school. This you need in a cold winter with snow on the ground. I swam a lot at that time.

I wasn't Christian. Nor was I Jewish, but I was a life guard at the Jewish Community Center in my teens. They had the best non-competition indoor pool.
As a kid from about 6-12, I went to the YMCA, i.e. '66 - '72. Mixed races, all nude swimming, and a center to hang out. I took the bus into the city on my own. Never once thought about the nude swimming as being a plus, negative or . It was just how it was.
When I was young I never belonged to the Y as swimming was done at the fresh or salt water beaches. I lived a very short walking distance from a beach.
However I played sports and related activities all day from age 6/7 to my early twenties. We always had male and female lockers room, as they were rather comically called, and we had public nude showers where us guys would get off the field and just get into the shower as soon as we could, so you were at the next shower head from a team mate. We would still be fired up from the game or scrimmage and gabbing on about things that happened in the game(s).
As for mixed nude swimming, we had skinny dipping for that, and seeing nude girls for the first time was incredibly hot for me.
It was for even the experienced guys.....and etc. The girls loved my shyness and "excitement," so to speak. So they would approach me usually in twos to fours to "take care of the 'poor' guy." They just knew how shy I was with girls at school, and seeing me like that, made them realize, I would just have to pair off with one of them. I hope that helps.
Yes it is true. I visit one several times back in the day when I was just a boy.
When I was a kid-5 to 7yrs, I was in an orphanage in Concord, NC, and the boys went to the local YMCA, located in Concord or Kanapolis, and we did swim nude. The girls went on different days, but I never asked my sister whether they wore suits or not. This was between 1955 to 1957. I did not really think about being nude, just figured the orphanage could not afford suits. The orphanage was The Church of God Orphanage. My mother remarried when I was 7yrs old, and that was when I got my first swim suit.
Quote by Guest

I'm in my late sixties and swam frequently at our local Y. It was open to both sexes. When I took the Junior YMCA Life Guard's course we had two female instructors. It might have depended on the location.
I went to an all male college, and the first day of PE, they told us we were taking swimming. Nobody knew, so we had to strip and get in the pool. Suits were optional after that.
Yes there were nude swims for men and women, but on separate days. I believe my last nude swim there was in 1974, but I did move away then. It was very acceptable to go to them and swim/socialize. It was just being nude with others for me, and was never sexual at the time.
Not only the Y, but the public school pools as well. In Grammar school, the girls asked us about it (with a little giggle), but said that they all wore suits for swim class. The only explanation we ever got, after one of the guys asked the gym teacher, was that not all parents could (or would) spring for the price of a suit, and it wouldn't be right for only one or two kids to be the only ones nude. Kind of a lame reason, but its the only one I ever heard.
However, none of us cared about it at all. We would go through a few swim drills, then play water polo for the rest of the session. We had a lot of fun, and there was absolutely no sexual connotation whatsoever. (If you're nude, its hard to hide any arousal.) It just seemed natural, and worrying about being naked was the furthest thing from our minds. We couldn't care less.