If Today Was your Last Day

last reply
38 replies
3.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There is a song on the radio now by the band Nickelback the song is called If Today Was Your Last Day and it talks about and asks the question what would you do if today was your last day. They ask the question would you call up old friends you have not seen in years, would you forgive your enemies, would you donate your last dime to a worthy cause. They also say in the song do not take the easy road in your own life live and the term against the grain should be a way of life. This is my question to all Lush memebers if you had 1 last day to live what would you do with your last 24hrs?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Fly to Buckeye, Arizona...
Forget who you thought I was, I'm The Chris J bitch!
Lurker
0 likes
The same thing I do everyday. No bucket list here.
Lurker
0 likes
This is when I have to show one of the Wayne Dyer rules I live by every day.

6. Live this day as if it were your last.

A lot of people have bumper stickers that say, “This is the first day of the rest of your life.” I prefer to think, “This is the last day of my life and I am going to live it as if I didn’t have any more.”

Because the truth is, I don’t. And you don’t. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed. We all know someone-our own age- who was killed in an accident, or dropped dead of a heart attack. So, if you get nothing else out of this document, keep this one idea in your mind and

Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal.
Lurker
0 likes
I would spend my last 24 hours with someone I love with all my heart and who sees me at my happiest...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would spend my last 24 hours with my husband. Fly to wherever he is
Lurker
0 likes
I would do the same thing I do everyday because I'm a very boring person and I refuse to have my life dictated arbitrarily.

Ling
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by rxtales

I could do nothing else. I'd spend my last 24 hours with her husband as well.....
No, of course I'd be with hubby, but it would be a double death. I've lived a good life so far, I'd want for my baby to at least taste life....
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by castlequeen
Quote by rxtales

I could do nothing else. I'd spend my last 24 hours with her husband as well.....
No, of course I'd be with hubby, but it would be a double death. I've lived a good life so far, I'd want for my baby to at least taste life....

I love your av CQ!
Lurker
0 likes
My last day :
-go see a Shakespeare play at the globe
-eat sushi
-make love like there was no tommorow
-then call all my friends and family and tell them I love them
-go sit on a beach and watch the sea
Mr Nobody
0 likes
Have a bleedin cigarette or 20
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
take the wife out for one last long dance.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm amendng mine. I would go scuba diving as much as possible since the bends won't matter.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
1. Visit some old friends and enjoy one last session of D&D
2. Take my grown children (my girls) out for supper
3. Watch the sun set from a beach
4. Make love to my wife until. . .
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
write a letter to all my friends to thank them for a wonderful friendship, apologize to family for anything I may have done wrong, go to japan..
She's mad, but she's magic. There's no lie in her fire. ~ Charles Bukowski
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Drive to the top of a mountain with my wife and my favorite pizza and sit watching the world in all it greatness pass by.
Lurker
0 likes
I would make sure I spend all day cooking for Trinket and making sure she ends up LOVING delicious Brussels Sprouts.

0 likes
Spend the day with my children.. (And hope the man in my life and I were together)
Click below to see

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'd drive to the nearest good theme-park and spend every last cent I have to give my beautiful children the best day ever.
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i
0 likes
Quote by patokl
I'd drive to the nearest good theme-park and spend every last cent I have to give my beautiful children the best day ever.

Love that!!!
Click below to see

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Depends on how far in advance I knew today would be my last. If not I'd just enjoy my last 24 hours with family and friends and thank them for being part of my life.
Lurker
0 likes
Since I'm now on tumour Mk III I have thought about this quite a lot over the last few years. My last day, if I'm well enough to move, will involve being driven out into the countryside or out to the coast, complete with food, drink, chairs, warm clothing and waterproofs, and my binoculars and a music system, and the day will be spent watching the beauty of the world in all of its tiny details, from the insects to the clouds, and saying goodbye to it all.

I've got fantasies which are rather brutal and sexual as a way of ending it all, but it's very likely that I will be in no shape for any of those to happen by the time I actually get there.
living dead girl
0 likes
if I knew in advance it was going to be my last day I would fly to the UK ..I would also make sure to write letters to everyone I care about to make sure they knew how I felt..also I would leave whatever money I had and all my belongings to cat charity
and then at the end of my last day I would find a beautiful field preferably full of daffodils and I would lay down and just look up at the sky and just reflect on how beautiful life was.. and is
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Be surrounded all day with every person in my life who loves me.

This thought takes my breathe away...I want to do so much more with my life.

Art can never exist without naked beauty displayed.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Spend it with my son and grandson, and hopefully my husband!
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I would spend the day with family. We might go to the beach so I could see the ocean one last time.

I would eat at my favorite restaurant and have my favorite desert.

I would tell those closest to me how much I love them. I would pray to god to make my leaving earth pleasant.

I would also like to have the people who have died before me, waiting to greet me in my next life.

Hugs,
Mysteria
xo
Lurker
0 likes
I would ensure those I love know I love them very much. Ensure my papers are on the table so they know what my last wishes are and that my testament is out so they know where my son will go... and the life insurance policies are in effect... by calling the people names on each paper... write as many letters as I could to my son, one for each years bday... write as many memories as I could for him to remember me by. and tho I hate pictures and videos... make one just for him...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Great, now that song is stuck in my head.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Lurker
0 likes
I recall that Tim McGraw song... I have died before and now that I have a second chance, I live everyday as if it is my last... my only regret is I can't seem to find that damn bull ... Fu Man Chu. I want to ride more than two seconds.