I Phone

last reply
10 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
there is a commerical on the tv and in it a girl tells a guy that if you have an iphone you have more sex then a person that doesnt. do any of you think would be true??
Lurker
0 likes
i dont think any commercial on tv that promises you more sex if you have their product is true.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I assume you're talking about a spin off of this 'study'...

I wouldn't put much stock into it. OkCupid isn't exactly the New England Journal of Medicine.

Quote by [url=http://mashable.com/2010/08/10/iphone-sex-okcupid/
iPhone and Sex[/url]] Dating site OkCupid has completed a study about its users’ smartphones and sexual history and has determined that among people who use smartphones, iPhone users have the most sexual partners, followed by BlackBerry users and finally Android users.

OkCupid looked at the data hidden in the images that users uploaded as profile pictures to see which cameras were used to take them — including smartphone cameras. With many of the site’s users also having taken personality tests like “The Dating Persona Test” or “The Slut Test,” which ask for a count of sexual partners, the site was able to cross-reference that data to complete the study.

In one approach, the survey sample was restricted to people aged 30. That way, differences in the usual ages of users of one smartphone type or another couldn’t affect the results. Among Android users aged 30, the average man had accumulated six sexual partners in his lifetime, while the average woman had accumulated 6.1. Among BlackBerry users, the number was 8.1 for men and 8.8 for women. Male iPhone users had 10 sexual partners and female iPhone users had 12.3

We’ve included OkCupid’s chart for that data below. We’ve also included another chart in which OkCupid mapped out and compared smartphone owners by age from 18 up through 40. While the sizes of the gaps varied, the iPhone, BlackBerry and Android rankings remained the same.

This data was tagged on as a bonus on a blog post about which cameras, camera settings and photography techniques resulted in the most attractive profile pictures. As you might have guessed, the higher the camera quality, the better the result in many cases.

The post is just the latest in a series of fascinating studies by OkCupid based on user data. In the past, the OkCupid blog debunked several of the biggest dating profile picture myths and found the ideal first message length for would-be lovers.

Lurker
0 likes
Oh shit i have an android i guess i am doomed if the relationship i am in ends. wait a minute maybe thats why she doesn't come over as much anymore. Could it be if i had a different radiation emitting screen in my pocket i would get laid more often? hmmm maybe apple should hire the people who came up with axe's ad campaign for a new line up of tv ads.
0 likes
I am on my third iPhone, so that would put me at 30.

Gawd, I must really be a slut!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i don't have an iphone and i umm... seem to be doing ok in the having sex department... omg, if i get one, would i have more?!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
30yr old women having more sexual partners than men? I find that hard to believe.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by fish1212
30yr old women having more sexual partners than men? I find that hard to believe.

I find that perfectly logical.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
The Linebacker
0 likes
It's the iPhone. My wife won't even have sex with me unless I have my iPhone with me. Hell, the dog won't even come when I call it unless I have my iPhone on me. Come to think of it I can't even get service in a restaurant without my iPhone.

I think my next tattoo is going to be of an iPhone.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Buz
It's the iPhone. My wife won't even have sex with me unless I have my iPhone with me. Hell, the dog won't even come when I call it unless I have my iPhone on me. Come to think of it I can't even get service in a restaurant without my iPhone.

I think my next tattoo is going to be of an iPhone.

I can't get on lush unless rico's iphone is next to my computer LOL