days of the week..

last reply
13 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
what do you think they should stand for?? like make out monday or moansday ,tongue tuesday,wet wendsay, stuff like that or any thing else your brain comes up with
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not really very original, but I know a number of the days of the week actually stand for Norse/Asatru gods. i.e. Thursday = Thor's Day, Friday = Frey's Day, etc.

EDIT: Here's a link to a Wikipedia article. The link should take you to the Germanic section, with all the Norse names.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Wednesday = Odin's Day.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i always liked the idea of Satyr's Day.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by CleverFox
Wednesday = Odin's Day.

Technically it's named after the Anglo-Saxon/Germanic deity, so it would be Woden's day.

To try and crowbar this post back on topic, another spelling of Frey is Frigg.... Yup that didn't really work.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mrsmoodiver

Technically it's named after the Anglo-Saxon/Germanic deity, so it would be Woden's day.

To try and crowbar this post back on topic, another spelling of Frey is Frigg.... Yup that didn't really work.

I thought Woden was derived from Odin.

Since some days are named after gods, it is too bad we don't have a day named after Uranus.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by CleverFox

I thought Woden was derived from Odin.

Since some days are named after gods, it is too bad we don't have a day named after Uranus.

Both have their origins in proto-Germanic paganism but represent two distinct, yet broadly interchangeable gods. Unfortunately due to the Saxons early conversion to Christianity (compared to the Norse) Woden and the intricacies of this path of paganism have been forever lost to the deepest depths of the dark age.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For a giggle, my SO used to name the days of the week like this:
Mauling Melons Monday
Tickle Me Taint Tuesday
Wild & Wicked Wednesday
Thursday was an off-day (Everyone needs a day of rest I guess)
Feel Me Up Fridays
Sinful Saturdays
Suck Me Off Sundays
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by TheDevilsWeakness
For a giggle, my SO used to name the days of the week like this:
Mauling Melons Monday
Tickle Me Taint Tuesday
Wild & Wicked Wednesday
Thursday was an off-day (Everyone needs a day of rest I guess)
Feel Me Up Fridays
Sinful Saturdays
Suck Me Off Sundays

Thrust My Thang Thursdays?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

The Linebacker
0 likes
Let's pass a law that it is illegal to rain & be cloudy on SUNday.
Detention Seeker
0 likes
Fuck me Friday
Sexy Saturday
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Thrust My Thang Thursdays?

Hmmm... it's a possibility. I can't remember what he used to call it for the life of me. But that could work!
Lurker
0 likes
SuckDay
MILFDay
TitsDay
WebcamDay
ThreesomeDay
ForeplayDay
SquirtDay
Lurker
0 likes
Threesome Thursday!!!