Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Catfish: the TV show

last reply
7 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Does anyone here watch the TV show Catfish? I'd think it'd be useful to Lush users. smile Since nearly everyone uses fake avatars, it's almost like everyone is being willingly Catfished (full disclosure: I am not a giant Japanese monster).

My youngest daughter and I are hooked. Every episode starts out exactly the same way, with someone emotionally involved long distance via social media, and unsure if they are being lied to. But every ending is different! It's a really good way to teach internet safety and security, and to explore all the unfettered weirdness (and occasional happy endings) on the net. But more importantly it shows all the countless variations on human connection. There's a sweetness to it.

It helps that the two guys who do the show seem like genuinely nice, caring guys. Love this show.
Quote by trinket
Someone mentioned this show to me a couple of days ago. It doesn't air in Australia that I know of. What concerns me is that they are tracking down people who wished to stay anonymous. I don't think it's right.

if you have foxtel in Australia you can watch it on MTV channel at different times apparently.
I was watching this last night. I've seen the movie and many episodes of the t.v. show. I was explaining it to Chris. I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly on there. I often think of some of the people that come and go here on lush and how many of those people are way different than what they claim to be
I'm not saying hey look at me I'm red riding hood but if you read my profile I'm honest. But how many times have you come acrossed a girl that is a guy or whatever. I know it's hard to be very open to everyone the internet can be dangerous but those I'm closest to I do know who they are. Of course having a best friend thats a gypsy and one that is spikey haired cartoon character works well for red riding hood.

My Anti-Valentine Entry 💔

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/a-valentines-date-to-remember

My first EP and a top ten from the Pride Competition
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/-love-is-love-.aspx

Hanging in the background but around

No but I'm going to see if I can find a way to watch it at work. ?
Quote by trinket
Someone mentioned this show to me a couple of days ago. It doesn't air in Australia that I know of. What concerns me is that they are tracking down people who wished to stay anonymous. I don't think it's right.

From what I've seen the people don't necessarily want to stay anonymous. They are given the chance to either meet or not to meet. Most cases I've seen the two talking are past the point of anonymity. Usually both are willing to meet...but one is always lying about who they are and keep delaying a meet because they are embarrassed or afraid of rejection.

I agree 100% though. If someone wants to stay anonymous than you leave them the F alone.
I just want to be someone's everything....is that a problem?
I youtubed it and was expecting to learn about Catfish but it's just silly--boo!!!!
i'm actually surprised that this show is still on the air. they always catch the people using the same tricks they taught us in the first season. i will say that i found the more recent episode where the guy felt he was in a relationship with katy perry amusing and a bit distrubing.

Say. Her. Name.