Login

Burger King buys Tim Horton's?

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Hey Canadian friends..........Is it true, Its all over the Media, yet had one Tims employee say her district manager said its false.

Any input?

Wendy's tried it for a few years , awhile ago.

Curious mind wanting to know
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have no clue what Burger King can possibly offer Tims. Burger King seems to be failing in Canada, falling behind other fast food chains such as McDonald's, Wendy's, Harvey's, and A&W. They make a shitty burger; and it hurts their business. Maybe Tims helps them learn how to actually satisfy the Canadian market, but hopefully they keep the two companies separate, so they don't ruin a good thing.
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
I heard about this....its all about money and taxes, isnt everything? Tim Horton's is still hopelessly trying to break into the American market after the failed Wendy's merger, and Burger King offers them a second shot at that. And BK is apparently moviing its headquarters to Canada in some sort tax inversion (not my term, just what I heard) to pay less tax there than they do here. Best of luck to them both, but really, its just another business deal and will not affect you and me. As long as I can still buy a Whopper, whatever. And maybe their coffee is gonna be better than the dishwater Starbucks has everyone fooled with.
Chuckanator
0 likes
The idiots running the USA have taxed business to the point they must move to makes the profits the stock holders require. I sold my corporation for that reason.