Browser recommendation - Google Chrome

last reply
17 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
I've been using it for a few weeks, and am making a permanent switch: http://www.google.com/chrome

If you haven't give it a try yet, I recommend giving it a go. It doesn't have all the bloat that Firefox has, and none of the crashing / lockups IE suffers from.

Thanks for the heads up Gav!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I quite like google chrome, but have found it to be not amazingly reliable. It just seems quite tempremental for me when it comes to making connections.

Went from IE to Firefox and won't go back. Will use GC when it decides to work for me
Lurker
0 likes
I have four browsers installed. (Safari, Firefox, Opera, Chrome). I was a die hard FF user until this past summer. I decided to test Chrome as my primary browser and have not looked back. In my opinion far superior (for the time being) to anything out there. (I love incognito mode!)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So long as you aren't using IE. It is the only browser I despise. Beyond that it should be personal choice.
Chrome is definitely fast, and pretty awesome.
Thousands of user submitted stories removed from the site. You are nothing without your users or their freely submitted stories.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've been a FF user for quite some time now and love it. I'll have to check out Chrome.
Lurker
0 likes
I loved Chrome right up until it locked up my whole laptop...i had to have my hard drive wiped...i stick to FF now
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
^^ Ok, maybe I won't check out Chrome, lol. Sorry to hear that happened to ya.
Lurker
0 likes
it may have been an isolated incident, but once bitten, twice shy, ya know?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
we swear by Chrome at the Sprite household - no, not swear AT swear BY! smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've heard some users of lush have issues with Chrome for chats here. They claim to only be able to chat with someone using Chrome, if they are the one to open the chat window. Since I like chatting with them, I will stick with Firefox and let those friends be the one to open the chat window.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've heard some users of lush have issues with Chrome for chats here. They claim to only be able to chat with someone using Chrome, if they are the one to open the chat window. Since I like chatting with them, I will stick with Firefox and let those friends be the one to open the chat window.
Lurker
0 likes
That's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
If you're reading this on Internet Explorer...

Hey now!! I only use IE and have NEVER had a problem with it! I have tried FF and it is so slow. And google chrome....too many bad experiences listed here for me to even attempt it.
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
On my old piece of shit computer I use FF and it is the fastest most stable for me. Personally I hate IE only tried chrome a while back was to damn slow safari was alright while it worked again way to slow and it crashed on me a lot so yeah me I stick to FF.
“I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.”~Frank Sinatra~
Rocker of the cocker
0 likes
yeah Google Chrome works great for me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
chrome works really well for me, but i hear it doesn't do too well on macs... just word of mouth, though
Lurker
0 likes
Firefox is good , but some features downt work ie viewing a website that page transitions , on internet explorer 8 and 9 this works well , i spose what your happy with i guess