Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

1001 reasons why Canada is the coolest country in the world.

last reply
190 replies
7.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
63. Canada belonged to the French and the Indians until 1763 when it was stolen by the British Empire. But they still speak French in Quebec.

64. A Canadian invented Hawaiian pizza.

65. Canada has an island named Dildo.
Quote by sprite

25. Canada is the World's Most Educated Country: over half its residents have college degrees.

UMM...... this…

Quote by Burquette
12. Canada's the most educated country in the world. Over half of Canadians have college degrees.

66. Canada spans 9 984 670 sq km and comprises 6 time zones.

67. Canada is home to the longest street in the world. Yonge Street in Ontario starts at Lake Ontario, and runs north through Ontario to the Minnesota border, a distance of almost 2,000 km.

68. While we’re talking ‘longest’, here’s another record: Canada has the world’s longest coastline at 202,080 km.

69. A bear cub named Winnipeg was exported from Canada to the London Zoo in 1915. A little boy named Christopher Robin Milne loved to visit Winnipeg, or Winnie for short. His love for the bear cub inspired the stories written by his father, A.A. Milne, about Winnie-the-Pooh.
You should first read this Looky Here!!

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
The True North has talent!

These actors and comedians come from Canada:

Ryan Reynolds
Rachel McAdams
Elisha Cuthbert
Ryan Gosling
Kiefer Sutherland
Ellen Page
Evangeline Lilly
Hayden Christensen
Pamela Anderson
Neve Campbell
Cory Monteith
Shay Mitchell
Alexander Ludwig
Jim Carrey
Catherine O'Hara
William Shatner
Anna Paquin
Seth Rogan
Michael J Fox
Victor Garber
Mira Kirshner
Michael Cera
Kevin Zegers
Martin Short
Dan Aykroyd
Mike Myers
Eugene Levy
Emmanuelle Chriqui
Rachelle Lefevre
Eric McCormack
Daniel Gillies
Sandra Oh
AJ Cook

And don't forget these musicians and singer-songwriters:

Drake
Avril Lavigne
Sarah McLachlan
Michael Buble
k. d. Lang
Broken Social Scene
Nelly Furtado
Bieber (ugh, fine...)
Feist
Arcade Fire
Carly Rae Jepsen
Shania Twain
Celine Dion
The Tragically Hip
Barenaked Ladies
Diana Krall
Blue Rodeo
Maestro Fresh Wes
Joni Mitchell
Neil Young
Alannis Morissette
Jann Arden
Chantal Kreviazuk
The Weeknd
Quote by Buz

65. Canada has an island named Dildo.

I'm going to retire here.

And don't forget you can find cool vacay spots in:

Ball's Falls, Ontario
Stoner, British Columbia
Spread Eagle Bay, Newfoundland
Sober Island, Nova Scotia
Bacon Cove, Newfoundland
Punkeydoodles Corner, Ontario
Eyebrow, Saskatchewan
71? A Canadian Alexander Graham Bell, invented the telephone

72. Frederick Banting & Charles Best discovered insulin

73. After the Dec 1941 attack on Pearl Harbour Canada declared war on Japan before the USA
74. Canada & Denmark dispute sovereignty over Hans island, located between Canada & Greenland. The countries take turns planting their flags and leaving alcoholic beverages for their counterparts on the island.
75. During the 1979-1980 Iranian Hostage Crisis, in which the Iranians attacked and overran the US Embassy, the Americans who escaped were hidden and given refuge by the Canadians. The Canadians then helped them sneak out of Iran to safety. The Canadians did this at their own risk and peril. In times of crisis, you find out who your friends are. Thanks, Canada!

Bravo!
Lyfbuz is a national treasure.
76. Tommy Chong

77. John Candy

78. Wayne Gretzky (should be mentioned again as #99) - he was that good

79. World's first mega mall - West Edmonton Mall

80. Lorne Michaels - SNL

Honourable Mention - WestJet - numerous direct flights to Mexico where I am beaching it right now amongst the jelly fish and sting ray warnings, and volcanic ash travel advisory
81. Maybe he's been mentioned already and I missed it, but Col. Chris Hadfield. Probably the most famous and popular astronaut of the last couple decades and lives just down the highway from me in Sarnia (in fact, their local airport is named for him). First man to record a music video in zero-g.
Film Directors
82 Xavier Dolan
83 David Cronenberg
84 James Cameron
85 Sarah Polley
86 Atom Egoyan
87 Deepa Mehta
88 Norman Jewison
89 Ivan Reitman
Dancing Doll, you lose 5 points for Gryffindore for getting us off track numerically....

156. Peaceful Nation
157. Toughest Immigration laws (behind Russia)
158. Cool accent, eh?
159. Les Stroud
160. Big Foot
161. They're just like us, only better
162. already have laws protecting Bigfoot

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Sorry, these are number's 70.-126. (Canada needs help getting to 1000 after all)

Quote by Dancing_Doll
The True North has talent!

These actors and comedians come from Canada:

Ryan Reynolds
Rachel McAdams
Elisha Cuthbert
Ryan Gosling
Kiefer Sutherland
Ellen Page
Evangeline Lilly
Hayden Christensen
Pamela Anderson
Neve Campbell
Cory Monteith
Shay Mitchell
Alexander Ludwig
Jim Carrey
Catherine O'Hara
William Shatner
Anna Paquin
Seth Rogan
Michael J Fox
Victor Garber
Mira Kirshner
Michael Cera
Kevin Zegers
Martin Short
Dan Aykroyd
Mike Myers
Eugene Levy
Emmanuelle Chriqui
Rachelle Lefevre
Eric McCormack
Daniel Gillies
Sandra Oh
AJ Cook

And don't forget these musicians and singer-songwriters:

Drake
Avril Lavigne
Sarah McLachlan
Michael Buble
k. d. Lang
Broken Social Scene
Nelly Furtado
Bieber (ugh, fine...)
Feist
Arcade Fire
Carly Rae Jepsen
Shania Twain
Celine Dion
The Tragically Hip
Barenaked Ladies
Diana Krall
Blue Rodeo
Maestro Fresh Wes
Joni Mitchell
Neil Young
Alannis Morissette
Jann Arden
Chantal Kreviazuk
The Weeknd

163 is next...carry on

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

163. Canada has more lakes than the rest of the world, combined (beat that, Philippinessmile
164. Sandy Gardiner, a journalist with the Ottawa Journal in the 60s, coined the term ‘Beatlemania’ while he was writing a story about the Beatles.
165. Prostitution is legal in Canada. It is however, illegal to run a brothel or work as a pimp.
166. HGTV

167. Yours truly?

168. Montreal (my city) repeatedly appears on Top-10 lists for most beautiful women around the world. From two different sources:

"This city keeps popping up on every ranking for beautiful women and not without a reason. French Canadian city of Montreal is a sexy combo of European charm and North American cheek. Montreal hosts a vigorous nightlife, and its women's beauty can even compete with the beauty of the city itself. The city with a fantastic fashion scene is bustling with models, and as a sexy bonus, many of them also speak French. And who would refuse of being seduced with the lovely language of love?"

"Perhaps it's the French Canadian flavor or the fact that Europe meets North America in this multicultural city, or maybe it's because hundreds of communities take a liking to Montreal's charm. In Montreal, the variety of women is as wide as the colors in a rainbow's spectrum, and come in all shapes, forms and fashions; just ask the celebrities and athletes that always stop by. With so many colleges and universities, one cannot help but notice the overwhelming amount of fresh flesh. The city's thriving fashion scene provides residents and tourists with sufficient models, and considering that the city's population is approximately two million, you get the most beautiful women in terms of density. Pound for pound, Montreal is a world-class "babe" city."

169. My local federal deputy, dedicated (and gorgeous) 37-year-old Mélanie Joly, which Justin Trudeau appointed as Minister of Canadian Heritage:

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

173. I've never played these games, but this illustrious video-game franchise was developed by Ubisoft Montreal:

174. Developed by WB Games Montreal. They used my own body as their main CGI model (okay, totally kidding):

175. Le Cirque du Soleil. Their headquarters is literally a 15 minutes walk from where I live:

176. Moment Factory, a Montreal-based multimedia entertainment studio specializing in the conception and production of immersive environments, combining video, lighting, architecture, animation, sound and special effects.

Key projects and collaborations:

2015 – Muse : Drones World Tour
2014 – Arcade Fire : Reflektor Tour
2014 – Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour
2014 – Super Bowl Virtual Theater in NYC
2013 – How to Destroy Angels / NIN Festival Tour / NIN Tension Tour
2013 – Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake: Legends of the Summer Tour
2013 – Bon Jovi : Because We Can Tours in Arenas and Stadiums
2013 – Grammy performance by Fun
2012 – Jay-Z at the Carnegie Hall
2012 – Madonna’s Super Bowl XLVI halftime show and The MDNA Tour
2011 – Celine Dion show at Caesars Palace
2009 – Disney E3 Booth
2007 – Beatles Revolution Lounge in Las Vegas
Quote by sprite

And WHY didn't anyone else think of the McKenzie Brother's earlier!? Thanks Sprite. I'd have thought they were a national treasure

maybe they went to get a beer, eh?

177. Alex Trebeck

178. Canada produces award winning, world class wines especially from the Okanagan Valley (B.C.) and Niagara Peninsula (Ontario) regions
179. Canada is a major exporter of pot; its the 3rd largest economic engine in British Columbia after forestry and tourism
180. The Kids in the Hall

181. Canada has a secret underground laboratory in Sudbury, Ontario. It's designed for the study of neutrino and dark matter physics. It's the deepest clean laboratory in the world dedicated to this type of work, and was built in a mine to avoid interference from environmental and solar radioactivity.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

182. Ontario, Canada has a lake called Rachel Lake; legend says it was named after a diminutive woman with special powers
183. There is also a Nicola Lake in BC
Quote by LYFBUZ
182. Ontario, Canada has a lake called Rachel Lake; legend says it was named after a diminutive woman with special powers

lol - is that for real? i need to look this stuff up. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.